Premium

Country

US

Device

Note 8

Operating System

Android version 8

My Question or Issue

When listening to a song, the playback will randomly stop. It's been happening for several days and not sure what the cause is. I'm connected to my soundbar via bluetooth. Not sure if its spotify that is stopping the tracks or something weird with the speaker, but I keep having to go back to Spotify to hit play again

13 Replies

I have the same problem. Using Spotify with Bluetooth headphones and Spotify keeps pausing. Even if I shut down the app and restart the phone, Spotify keeps showing up in the "Action center" (or what ever its called on android) and randomly starts and stops the music. It even makes my phone calls disconnect! Super annoying and strange.

I've never had this problem before with bluetooth speakers do maybe it's a recent update issue? I also noticed the display keeps freezing. One song will be playing, but a previous song will be displayed and the time bar (or whatever its called) will be frozen. 

Yeh, I've been having the same issue on my Android 7.0 phone and the latest Spotify version. It happens regardless of what my phone's playing through i.e. via headphones or bluetooth speaker. On my LG5 phone it should have the App on the locked screen when I double tap so I can stop/rwd/fwd songs without unlocking it, but the app doesn't appear and I have to open the app to then press play again.

It's been like this for over a month now, though I did see people saying that it was to do with having local songs sync'd to a playlist to which I have plenty off! I even uninstalled the app & re-installed & re-sync'd my extensive playlists to no avail. I guess we'll have to wait for a Spotify update to fix this issue!?

Yea and I don't have any local playlists synced. Hopefully spotify monitors this and provides an update 

from 2 maybe 3 weeks, spotify on my phone turns off the same, i.e. the application itself works, but the song pauses.
Always listen to Spotify through the night, and so far there was no problem. My playlists are long enough that they will not be able to finish. Anyway, I have automatic transition to subsequent songs.

Yep I have this problem too. I use an LG V30 with wired headphones. I've tried clean installs and even factory reset my phone. Music is a very important part of my day so I can't have Spotify stopping playback a few times every hour. It is frustrating. It even does it on my downloaded playslists. I went into my phone battery management under "power saving exclusions" and excluded Spotify from automatic battery saving measures. I thought that maybe Android was stopping Spotify after extended periods of playback. This unfortunately did not work. I am at a loss. I am considering changing streaming services since this happens so frequently. It happens 4 or 5 times an hour which does not sound like a big deal but when I am working and playing through bluetooth or whatever I can't keep walking to the phone or digging it out of my pocket to unlock my phone and press play again. Depending on the situation. Hopefully Spotify moniters these forums and has some input.

Yup, me as well. Samsung S7 Edge all up to date - happens on all bluetooth devices I connect to.  I originally left Spotify for google play because of rubbish like this - Spotify - don't drive me away again!

Hello,

it's part of a lot of problems ungoing for months now without fix, listed in https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Several-problems-since-last-update-bugged-controls-music-st...

The only "fix" I got is to kill the app and restarting it, making it work for some time.

I've experienced the same and it has been frustrating as **bleep**....i may have found a fix (at least Spotify hasn't stopped randomly for hte last week). 

Go into Settings and turn off "Behind the Lyrics" and "Stranger Things Mode". 

Alas, these settings are already disabled for me and Spotify still stops
every 10mins or so. The only work around I've found to work is to restart
my phone and Spotify works for longer periods i.e. 30mins for my commute to
work. I do need to restart for the return journey tho

Ah, that's a shame. I do have all my playlists downloaded as well. I did a
full uninstall, clear cache routine before re-installing.

Nice. I'll have to try that. I eneded up switching to Amazon Music but I much prefer Spotify when it runs smoothly. If there is a fix I will come back to Spotify. 

Yeah thats what I was doing. I create a playlist and set it to play while I drive. I can't pick my phone up off of the passanger seat to resume play when it stops like it does so that was a deal breaker for me. I don't do that whole phone/driving thing so I need something that I don't have to worry about stopping.  

Suggested posts