Premium

Country

Egypt

Device

Huawei P30 Lite

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Playback frequently stops after 9 seconds. Internet speed is always good. I perform internet speed tests when happens and I always get good speed avove 10 Mbps, plus browsing and streaming from other apps works perfectly. Force stopping the Spotify app and trying to play the song again fixes the problem for the current song, but it happens again after a couple of songs if not the song right after. Clearing the cache, logging out then in, clearing application data abd cache and uninstalling then reinstalling the app didn't fix the problem.

57 Replies

Dp301
Visitor
I had the same issue while listening on Google Home mini. I resolved it by doing a factory reset on the speaker, not the app. So if you're listening on an external speaker, you could try resetting THAT device.

nickystee
Casual Listener
I am still having this problem in 2020, very consistently.

Elena

Hey hey @nickystee!

Thanks for getting in touch with us on the Community about this.

Could you let us know if you have already tried any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned above.

If you have, we'll need to know what you've tried, so that we won't be repeating steps.

It'll also help our troubleshooting if you let us know your device's model and OS version.

Keep us posted!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

nickystee
Casual Listener
Sorry, just saw that you replied! All I've tried thus far is deleting and reinstalling the app, and deleting the cookies. The issue is occurring on an Acer Chromebook laptop..

Peter

Hi again @nickystee

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

If possible, could you try logging into your account using a different device? You can also ask a friend or a family member to log into their account using your device to see if they can replicate the issue.

Also, would you mind sending over your laptop's exact OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running? This will help us take a better look at what's happening.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

PeterModerator

nickystee
Casual Listener

My OS is Chrome. I can't find what version of the Spotify app I'm using is. It's similar to the web player

Ver

Hey @nickystee,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We'd suggest you give these steps a go. That way you can check which Spotify version is running on your device.

You can also try with another network. Are there any changes?

If the issue persists, It's a good idea to also try running the app as administrator.

You can send us a video recording of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, we are here for you.

VerModerator
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

nickystee
Casual Listener

The version of Spotify I'm using has no menus like the ones described in the troubleshooting steps I was referred to. I've included some screenshots of my Spotify app. It works on other devices, but no matter who I'm logged in as on my Chromebook, or if I use incognito mode, every song still stops for 3 to 10 seconds at the 9 second mark. This has been going on for years now, and I pay for premium. Please help...

CarlosE

Hey @nickystee,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

It looks like the screenshots weren't uploaded correctly. However, since the desktop app isn't available for Chromebook, it looks like you're using the web player.

If your Chromebook has Google Play Store, could you try downloading the Android app from there and let us know how it works?

You can find more info about Spotify on Chromebook in this article.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

MrYoshii
Music Fan

Got the same problem im using it on Chrome. 

It stardet a few days ago and its not on every song.

Jeremy

Hey there @MrYoshii,

Thank you for your post here in this thread.

Can you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've taken that's been provided in this thread so that we can continue assist you in the best way.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

MrYoshii
Music Fan
I restarted the PC and cleared the cache.

Mihail

Hey @MrYoshii,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We understand that this is happening in the web player, correct? Does it happen also when using the app? 

In any case, it's a good idea to try connecting to a different internet network and checking if the same happens there. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. 

Be sure to also give it a go with a private or incognito browser. That way we can check if data stored in the browser is causing the issue.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how it goes.

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

MrYoshii
Music Fan
Have tried it with an Incognito tab also brings unfortunately nothing
On the network it can not be because it worked and suddenly just no longer. Also it is not with every song. And it is always exact at 9 seconds

Mihail

Hey @MrYoshii,

Did you have the chance to give the app a go? Does the same happen there? If you could ask a friend or family member to log in their account on the same device and see if the playback stops then as well, that would help us a lot. A possible alternative would be to create a new account and see if the issue comes up there.

Let us know how you get on.

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

MrYoshii
Music Fan
thats not posible its a working pc and i can not install anything so im bound with the browser.

Mihail

Hey @MrYoshii,

In that case, could you log in on another device, preferably connected to a different network and see if the issue comes up there as well?

Also, did you have the chance to test a different account on your work pc? The more results we gather from these scenarios the quicker we'll be able to get to the bottom of this.

Keep us posted. We'd love to investigate this further. 

MihailModerator

MrYoshii
Music Fan
for now its working again... i have nothing changed?

Jeremy

Hi @MrYoshii,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again.

Let us know if anything comes up 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

MrYoshii
Music Fan
it worked fine until now. It has stopt on 9 sec again.

I changed nothing so i don't know why it wokes somtimes. I don't think its something in my network.
SUGGESTED POSTS