Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists stuck in shuffle

Solved!

Playlists stuck in shuffle

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG V30

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Suddenly today my playlist (which is full of podcast episodes) started playing in shuffle. I can't seem to turn it off. I follow instructions and go to the Now Playing screen and the shuffle icon is not there in the lower left corner where it used to be. In the  ... More menu, there is no control over shuffle. I searched through posts here and it was suggested to delete & reinstall the app, which I did, but still have the same situation. There is no shuffle toggle on my play screen. I am a premium member and double-checked my account that it is current and paid. Is there anything else I can do? I love to curate my podcast playlist to play in a very specific order. 
What else can I do?

spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @katidid98, welcome to the community and thanks for your post! Is this only happening with your podcast playlists, or do music playlists shuffle as well? I ask because something similar can happen with daily mixes, as they don't display the shuffle or repeat controls on Android and will inherit whatever setting was previously in use.

So, the first thing I'd recommend would be playing a regular music playlist, turning off shuffle, and then returning to your podcast playlist to see if it will play in the order you intended. Let me know if that helps!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @katidid98, welcome to the community and thanks for your post! Is this only happening with your podcast playlists, or do music playlists shuffle as well? I ask because something similar can happen with daily mixes, as they don't display the shuffle or repeat controls on Android and will inherit whatever setting was previously in use.

So, the first thing I'd recommend would be playing a regular music playlist, turning off shuffle, and then returning to your podcast playlist to see if it will play in the order you intended. Let me know if that helps!

dinomightSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Release radar playlist stuck on shuffle. A pain in the ass.

Fixed. The release radar playlist inherits the shuffle mode from the last playlist I used. I opened a playlist of mine, turned off shuffle, and went back to release radar. Simple fix, but still a pain in the ass.

Why isn't there just an option to unshuffle podcasts? I'm in the podcast's page - not using a list I created - and I can't unshuffle the episodes. I don't know who the **bleep** designed this new UI but it is HORRIBLE. No way would "just automatically shuffle podcasts with no way to turn it off in the list" be ever a good idea.

Hi there @katemiller,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Although this isn't possible at the moment, if you think other users would also like this, we recommend adding your idea to our Ideas board. Others can then vote for it or add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this Spotify Answer.

You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

In the meantime, we suggest adding the podcast episodes to a playlist so you can play them in your desired order.

If you have any questions or need anything else, we'll be right here.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

I mean this is less of an idea and more of a complaint because this was a thing before the update. It was taken away. The whole design makes no sense and much more complicated than before.

Pretty sure there was recently a shuffle button added to podcasts and now it's gone again. We don't want to shuffle our podcasts. Stop shuffling our podcasts.

Suggested posts