Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please make Spotify on Android even slower! PLZ!!!

Please make Spotify on Android even slower! PLZ!!!

Hi!

I am frustrated! The problem exists for about 6 months now.
Here are 2 screencasts - one from my phone and one from an emulator on my PC....
Could this be any slower?

Cell phone:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqHygEAnAgdYq_YnocuoX22Qrm_SDw?e=9paRI5

Emulator:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqHygEAnAgdYq_YoGwrijyp1v6IJLQ?e=ta2bw2

25 Replies

This problem has been going on for years. I have complained and complained. I even connected with Spotify support and after some looking around they said they would get back to me. A few weeks later I was checking for updates on the ticket and it had been removed. If its slow now I can't imagine how its going to be when they role out the HiFi version. I like the service and don't want to move to an alternative, but it seems like their lack of legit response outside of reboot, reload, clear cache, blah blah blah. really shows they don't truly care about their customers.
From what I am told. If you have a lot of playlists and/or playlists with a lot of songs (>200 tracks) your performance goes right in the dumpster. I have both... cuz I like music... on a music streaming service... um... yeah.

Hi there @user-removed and @Uberg33k,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

@Jeremy 

- clean installation done 5times

- same issue on 5G and my local network

- NO SD card

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

If this persists after a clean reinstall, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. These features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

In case you see no difference after that, it's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up-to-speed with any software updates available.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Hey @Ivan 🙂

- ALL Permissions are enabled (BTW: for what reason Spotify need my contacts? :))
- Battery optimization is OFF for Spotify
- Other device = did you see both Videos from me? 🙂

Can we please stop with the standard bla bla bla you guys get out of the template?
I've already tried everything you can find here on the forum.
Can one of your software developers get in touch to solve the problem?

Maybe, just maybe, it's not user error. Maybe it's that your company can't program a **bleep**ing app that works.

@Ivan @Jeremy
How can I help you so that we can finally get moving with the problem?

Hello????

Current workaround:

- open app
- delete cache
- close app
- open Spotify
- nothing happened as always 😉
- disable network
- wait for the app showing the notification in button than we are offline
- enable network again
- ..wait for it!!!!
- BOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- MAGIC Moment 🙂
- EVERYTHIG is working again with DEFAULT speed

Spotify has a problem on start up I thing. Something wrong happen there.

BTW: when you need REAL help contact the Spotify Support on Twitter:  @SpotifyCares

MUCH MUCH MUCH better support as here!

Have been facing this problem too on my android phone, it's just too slow to the point where I think I should switch to apple music. And the only reason I haven't is that Apple music doesn't have a desktop app for Linux.
What the **bleep** is going on Spotify??? Searching for anything is freaking slow and it literally takes 1-2 minutes for results to show up(if it ever shows up) and it's the same with playlists and albums. And I know my Internet is not slow cause my desktop is connected to the same network and the desktop app works fine.

Spotify! Please fix this issue quickly, I'm running out of patience.

Did you try my hack with the offline mode?

yes, tried it just before posting the reply here. It worked for a few seconds then it went back to being slow after restarting the app

Contact the Spotify Support on Twitter: @SpotifyCares
Which version do you run?
The newest is 8.6.22.1112.
You could try to join the beta program on google play in the Spotify app and try there Version 8.6.26.77

i'm on 8.6.20.1063(lastest availabel version on the playstore).
Your trick does work but I need to do it every time I open the app 😞

oh wait, just got the 8.6.22.1112 version update, but the same issue persists. Need to turn off wifi and back on for the issue to get a temporary fix 😞

I know! have the same problem 😉
Plz contact Spotify on Twitter and refer to this post.
THANKS! 🙂

Did you make a clean install? -> deleted the old first?

did that yesterday, but i will give it a shot once again, lets hope for the best

Suggested posts