Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium User forced to shuffle

Solved!

Premium User forced to shuffle

Hi,

I am nearly at my wits end.  I am a Premium user and never had any issues until the latest update.  I run Spotify on my MacBook Pro, Samung Galaxy Tab 3.0, and Samsung S3 phone.  I consider myself tech savvy but for the life of me cannot get rid of the shuffle play on my tablet or phone despite the fact that I am a Premium user.

I have tried removing offline devices, logging out and back in, I have double checked my subscription is Premium, I have searched for help, what more do I need to do?  I am extremely frustrated to the point that I want to cancel if this doesn't get fixed.  Furthermore I cannot open on my MacBook because it keeps crashing my system.

Please someone help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Firstly, the Mac crashing issue should hopefully be sorted by this:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-Crashing-on-Startup-OSX-Mavericks...

As for your mobile/tablet, do you actually get an upgrade to Premium message if you try and disable shuffle on the Now Playing screen (tap the playing track at the bottom)? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you!  I have now found the button to remove the shuffle.  And now I feel a bit stupid for not finding it myself but if you look at the attached screenshots the "Shuffle Play" button is in your face with no option to disabled on that screen, it seems a ridiculous design to have to go through to another screen to disable and play.  

Oh, and don't hassle the Wiggles screenshots, I have children and it was the most recent played LOL.

Marked as solution

It means tap on the now playing track bar at the bottom of the client, then you should be able to disable shuffle from that screen which appears (in the bottom left corner).

Peter

Marked as solution

U have to deactivate the shuffle icon, looks like two arrows crisscrossed & is green if it’s turned on.

37 Replies
Marked as solution

Firstly, the Mac crashing issue should hopefully be sorted by this:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-Crashing-on-Startup-OSX-Mavericks...

As for your mobile/tablet, do you actually get an upgrade to Premium message if you try and disable shuffle on the Now Playing screen (tap the playing track at the bottom)? 

Peter

Hey there, same here, the only possibility is shuffle play.

Also a premium user. And mightily annoyed I had to dig through that awful "Help" guided entry and then go through these community forums to find some form of support. I mean, paid service without some kind of direct customer support ? Wow. No Live Chat, no ticket system, no mail address? Really? 😄

Anyway, please make the default play style non shuffle once logged as a premium user. Asap.

Marked as solution

Thank you!  I have now found the button to remove the shuffle.  And now I feel a bit stupid for not finding it myself but if you look at the attached screenshots the "Shuffle Play" button is in your face with no option to disabled on that screen, it seems a ridiculous design to have to go through to another screen to disable and play.  

Oh, and don't hassle the Wiggles screenshots, I have children and it was the most recent played LOL.

Totally agree, very poor service from Spotify.  Very lucky that people like Peter care enough to help.  I can't believe that Spotify offers no Customer Service.

Thanks for the screenshot 😄
And I do agree, it's like it's hidden, can't really understand why.

PS: I shall go check out these Wiggles, they look real funky. 😄

Prmium user: can't disable shuffle. Found a soulution, but don't understand it (either too stupid or too Dutch). Solutions seems to be : go to another "screenshot" , oyu can disable shuffle there. What does this mean?

Marked as solution

It means tap on the now playing track bar at the bottom of the client, then you should be able to disable shuffle from that screen which appears (in the bottom left corner).

Peter

Not only is the SHUFFLE key over-sized, but finding the filter key is difficult and then the filter does not hold true.  I was happy with Shutterfly premium until this problem developed.

Well, I don't think I'm stupid (and I'm pretty sure I'm not Dutch), but I can't figure out how to simply play a downloaded album in the correct order on my iPhone (iPhone 5, iOS 7, Premium Spotify account). I see from comments on this forum that this has been a recurring problems for more than two years. Spotify (assuming that anyone from Spotify bothers to monitor this forum) needs to understand that this is an absolute deal-breaker for me, and I think for many other listeners. I listen to classical music, and a Mozart symphony played out of order is no longer a Mozart symphony. I prefer Spotify to the other streaming services I've tried, but if this isn't fixed, I'll be cancelling my subscription and moving, probably to Google Play All Access.

Does just tapping the first track not play them in order?

Peter

You woman, are AMAZING for posting this! You just saved my sanity. I'm traumatized from the continuous "shuffle play" button that I clearly shouldn't have pushed in the first place. 

Spoiler

Why can I not turn off shuffle on my iPhone and why is it the biggest call to action button I have ever seen on a mobile device - it's moroninc. I have tried repeatedly by hittng the cover art as this forum has suggested but it does not turn shuffle off. So stupid Spotify, I'm off to Beats. 

Posting this in the android forum speaks volumes.

@jasperp wrote:

Why can I not turn off shuffle on my iPhone and why is it the biggest call to action button I have ever seen on a mobile device - it's moroninc. I have tried repeatedly by hittng the cover art as this forum has suggested but it does not turn shuffle off. So stupid Spotify, I'm off to Beats. 

It's not on the cover art.  When you have your playlist up, and then hit the song that's playing so it pulls up ONLY that song's album cover, look below on the left side and you'll see the repeat and the shuffle arrows. Click on those. Stupidest thing ever, I know. Hopefully it'll change on an update.

really appreciate the answer, thank you! Why is the Shuffle the default, it's crazy. If you create a Playlist then you create it to play songs in that order, why would you want to Shuffle it!!! I guess the worst thing is why I have a HUGE shuffle play button on all playlists, aaarrrrggghhh. Thanks again, RD

OK - brand new user - glad I found this thread - I got the album I'm listening to to play in the :"correct:" order on my Android phone. Is there ANY WAY to REMOVE the LARGE :SHUFFLE PLAY"" button? If not, why not?

Other than that - I've loving Spotify - but might have to consider switching to Google Play Music, of Rhapsodywhich do not present this challange.

Thank you!

There's no way to lose the shuffle button I'm afraid. To play an album in order just select a track and it will start playing from there.

I personally like the shuffle button. It mixes it up a little

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Tottaly agree one shoud not have to search the net to find the defalt play slash shuffle button.. 

not happy about that... thanks for the print screen ...

This has been driving me crazy for so long. glad I found this.

Suggested posts