Radio Voting Options Missing

Plan

Premium

Device

Pixel

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Radio voting options have disappeared so the radio functions as a playlist now. The thumbs up and down buttons are not there on mobile or the desktop app. The radio voting functionality is why I switched from Pandora, but it stopped working about a month ago. 

10 Replies

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community!

The reason why you're currently missing some features is explained here. Spotify is always testing things in order to improve your overall experience.

What you're seeing is the new Radio Playlists which can be saved to listen to offline and these are not customizable.

Is there a way to use the radio in a way that it doesn't generate playlists? There is no way to remove or avoid songs with the auto playlist functionality. The radio had the down vote option so I didn't have to listen to songs I'm tired of. 

I will give up my premium family plan if they don't bring back that function

(also now missing on iOS)! My husband and I both use Spotify Radio for our work as massage therapists, and it's vitally important that we are able to tweak radio stations so that they play massage appropriate music only. Liking and unliking songs helped to do that--and I'd only save the songs that I wanted to save, not always the ones I marked as liked. Spotify, you have missed hard on this tweak. How many customers are you willing to lose over it?

Well that**bleep**. So nice that they make a feature worse. Glad to know my subscription money is being well spent. 

I will have to rethink my subscription too in case it doesn't come back. I'm an illustrator and I like to create multiple playlists for different kinds of projects and I've been able to find new music easily with the radio voting function. Now that it's gone I have no means to find similar music to certain kind of playlists. I don't understand why it was removed and why can't the same feature be used on radio as it is in weekly suggestions and daily playlists? It is really annoying that I have no means to give feedback to the algorithm anymore. The old system was close to perfect. 

Might I also ask if this function is going to ever come back? I just want to know before the next billing month so I'll know if I have to change the service to Youtube Music or not - since they DO offer this feature. I am seriously quite upset about this, and I don't want to spend my money on a service that I'm not happy with anymore. It is very angering that I have to abandon all of my playlists and perfectly tweaked radios that I built up in the course of five years that I was subscibed. I do not understand why in heavens name a downgrade on an update was ever seen necessary.

This problem seems to be sporadic. When I first switched to Spotify I was frustrated that there were no thumbs up/down buttons. But then after a week they were there so I figured it was some sort of rookie user errror...until today. Now they’re gone again. wth?

Your answer makes it seem like there is a way to up or down-vote songs on a station, is there?

So where does one find 'voteable' Radio in Spotify DESKTOP? (I can see the thumbs-up and -down icons on my Andriod device, but not on DESKTOP.)

Thanks for any help!

Hey @jakarazo,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

As @Brunelicia mentioned, we're constantly running test on how to improve the app. That's why there might be a difference in the features available on different devices or between users. If you feel that this function should be available across devices, we'd recommend you take a look in our Idea Exchange and see if someone has already submitted an idea for this feature to be added  and if not post your own.

Hope this info helps. Let the Community know if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts