Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.5.12.52

Highlighted

Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.5.12.52

Community Manager
Community Manager

What's new in this version:

- New: When you first install the app, Spotify will store your data in the most efficient location on your phone/device.
- New: From within settings, you can clear all temporary data and downloaded tracks stored on your device.
- Fixed: Spotify would occasionally get stuck in Offline mode
- Fixed: The app will no longer crash due to a lack of memory.
- Fixed: Radio won’t crash when loading artists.

Please note: if you were using the Spotify app already and you want to change the location where your playlists are stored, you need to exit the Spotify app, go into your device's Settings, Apps, Spotify, then tap Clear data and Clear cache.

Note: If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [Android] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting.

Community Ergo Sum
83 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.5.12.52

Community Legend

Nice!

But why doesn't it say all that on Google Play?

EDIT: Apologies, there must have been some propagation problem. The release notes are on Google Play now, but definitely weren't when I updated about 30 minutes ago. It's probably Google's fault on this occasion 🙂

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

It does show for me, in the What's New tab. What region Play Store are you looking at?

Community Ergo Sum
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Does this mean that we can choose tracks to be downloaded to the SD card or does the application pick for itself?

Highlighted

Music Fan

Hi!

The app picks on its own, based on the amount of free space on your writeable devices. Hope that helps. 🙂

Casual Listener

As in it will store to the external storage card if that has more available storage?

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

@alan_wolf wrote:

As in it will store to the external storage card if that has more available storage?

Exactly.

Community Ergo Sum
Highlighted

Visitor

Not quite. I just updated, and all my downloaded playlists disappeared, so had to do it all over again -NOT nice-  and the app did not pick the ext SD card with WAY more space but the internal storage with almost nothing left, result: can't really download half of the playlists I want too... What is wrong with letting the users chose where to store their files...  Honestly...

Highlighted

Regular

I assume I will need to clear my existing data and re-login for this "detection" process to happen?  I installed the update and launched it, and was presented with my current downloaded playlists saved to internal phone memory.

I certainly hope the update finally fixes the ridiculous inability to save to external SD.  I'm looking forward to trying this later today.  

Highlighted

Regular

Omg.... I had the sd card storage activated using the trick with installing older version, now I tried new, cleared cache (from its options) and it's still broken hard. It detected my internal sd-card as better one. Now I have to use the trick with old version once again:/

Please test updates on more than one device before pushing them to public.

On sgs3 there is internal memory under /storage/sdcard0 or /sdcard, and external microsd card mounted as /storage/extSdCard , but is it really THAT hard to give the user option to select the path where he wants to store downloaded files? App files and settings could and should be in the internal memory by default, but downloaded music MUST be in a place the user wants

SUGGESTED POSTS