Release Notes - Spotify for Android (2.8.0)

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (2.8.0)

Daniel
Community Legend

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg

What's new in this version (2.8.0)

• Fixed: We've been battling some bugs. We won.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
21 Replies

Re: Release Notes - Spotify for Android (2.8.0)

thai2000
Roadie
And now do something about the massive battery usage from the app...

jtubalinal
Regular
Thank you indeed. Volume level issue fix is the best. Stereo cross-talk minimization is also heavenly (not sure if it is with the app or if it was the Lollipop update for TouchWiz). Edit: I have not checked the community for a week now because I was on a vacation, but the last update have the app skipping songs in the middle. This happens about every several songs.

EarlPurple
Roadie

You haven't battled them hard enough.

Being non-responsive and start-stop when I start playing a downloaded playlist means you haven't fixed the main issue - being able to sit and enjoy listening to a downloaded playlist .

Don't give me this "too many playlists" nonsense. There is no need to load them.

user-removed
Not applicable

Gorgeous update!!!

Again can listen Danceclusive Recordings at 100% volume. Please don't do this again, as I don't want to return another great pair of Sennheiser earphones for 50 € to warranty board. Hahahah :D

Thanks ;)))

shanelanghans
Casual Listener
Premium user here running lollipop.
App still often hangs on loading screen upon opening, regardless of WiFi connection or LTE. Songs will suddenly go silent and play screen turns to blank cover with loading play bar. Search function rarely works, usually hangs with loading circle and no results. Please fix soon, as I'm sure we are all losing our patience...
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

@shanelanghans wrote:
Premium user here running lollipop.
App still often hangs on loading screen upon opening, regardless of WiFi connection or LTE. Songs will suddenly go silent and play screen turns to blank cover with loading play bar. Search function rarely works, usually hangs with loading circle and no results. Please fix soon, as I'm sure we are all losing our patience...

The app, it is really fast even on 1 Mbit/s 3G connection. Here.

Maybe you need to re-install it?

On future app, which is beta for now for some users like me, the search results will arrive to screen a way faster. Almost instantly! That's stunning stuff. Really, Nice one.

Hands in the air for Spotify! They really do cool work.

EarlPurple
Roadie

Internet connection should be irrelevant to whether or not the app is responsive.

The only thing that could potentially go wrong if the internet connection is slow is if you are streaming or downloading a playlist onto the device, or if you need to refresh your list of playlists.

Whilst I occasionally want to stream onto my phone device, mostly I use it to play downloaded playlists and I download them in a wi-fi area.

EarlPurple
Roadie

Latest update:

What's New

New: We've made our notifications and home screen widget work beautifully with TalkBack.

WTF is TalkBack?

How-about:

What's Changed:

- We've made the app so it doesn't unnecessarily freeze loading stuff you never asked for rather than playing the downloaded track you clicked on to play.

- We've made Spotify Connect optional

- We're allowing you to modify the position of a song in a playlist or enter one at a specified location

EarlPurple
Roadie

So I hopefully install your "update" and start playing my downloaded playlist with wifi still active, just to see what happens.

It gets through all 2 minutes and 52 seconds of the first song on the playlist but then doesn't move onto the 2nd track. After I while I go Exit and Enter back in, and while it's trying to get my "recently played" list (something I don't care a toss about, especially as it doesn't only include playlists and doesn't include playlists I have recently created but not yet played, even if I' downloaded them) it puts that silly green whirly thing up and several minutes later get a message that Spotify is non-responsive.

Once again, you release useless features and not fix basic bugs.

SUGGESTED POSTS