Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (2.8.0)

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (2.8.0)

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg

What's new in this version (2.8.0)

• Fixed: We've been battling some bugs. We won.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
21 Replies

And now do something about the massive battery usage from the app...

Thank you indeed. Volume level issue fix is the best. Stereo cross-talk minimization is also heavenly (not sure if it is with the app or if it was the Lollipop update for TouchWiz). Edit: I have not checked the community for a week now because I was on a vacation, but the last update have the app skipping songs in the middle. This happens about every several songs.

You haven't battled them hard enough.

Being non-responsive and start-stop when I start playing a downloaded playlist means you haven't fixed the main issue - being able to sit and enjoy listening to a downloaded playlist .

Don't give me this "too many playlists" nonsense. There is no need to load them.

Gorgeous update!!!

Again can listen Danceclusive Recordings at 100% volume. Please don't do this again, as I don't want to return another great pair of Sennheiser earphones for 50 € to warranty board. Hahahah 😄

Thanks ;)))

Premium user here running lollipop.
App still often hangs on loading screen upon opening, regardless of WiFi connection or LTE. Songs will suddenly go silent and play screen turns to blank cover with loading play bar. Search function rarely works, usually hangs with loading circle and no results. Please fix soon, as I'm sure we are all losing our patience...

@shanelanghans wrote:
Premium user here running lollipop.
App still often hangs on loading screen upon opening, regardless of WiFi connection or LTE. Songs will suddenly go silent and play screen turns to blank cover with loading play bar. Search function rarely works, usually hangs with loading circle and no results. Please fix soon, as I'm sure we are all losing our patience...

The app, it is really fast even on 1 Mbit/s 3G connection. Here.

Maybe you need to re-install it?

On future app, which is beta for now for some users like me, the search results will arrive to screen a way faster. Almost instantly! That's stunning stuff. Really, Nice one.

Hands in the air for Spotify! They really do cool work.

Internet connection should be irrelevant to whether or not the app is responsive.

The only thing that could potentially go wrong if the internet connection is slow is if you are streaming or downloading a playlist onto the device, or if you need to refresh your list of playlists.

Whilst I occasionally want to stream onto my phone device, mostly I use it to play downloaded playlists and I download them in a wi-fi area.

Latest update:

What's New

New: We've made our notifications and home screen widget work beautifully with TalkBack.

WTF is TalkBack?

How-about:

What's Changed:

- We've made the app so it doesn't unnecessarily freeze loading stuff you never asked for rather than playing the downloaded track you clicked on to play.

- We've made Spotify Connect optional

- We're allowing you to modify the position of a song in a playlist or enter one at a specified location

So I hopefully install your "update" and start playing my downloaded playlist with wifi still active, just to see what happens.

It gets through all 2 minutes and 52 seconds of the first song on the playlist but then doesn't move onto the 2nd track. After I while I go Exit and Enter back in, and while it's trying to get my "recently played" list (something I don't care a toss about, especially as it doesn't only include playlists and doesn't include playlists I have recently created but not yet played, even if I' downloaded them) it puts that silly green whirly thing up and several minutes later get a message that Spotify is non-responsive.

Once again, you release useless features and not fix basic bugs.

Your app was so non-responsive we couldn't even kill it. I even did Power-Off on my phone but it wouldn't shutdown. I had to pull the battery out and put it back in again then turn the power on.

Experiment started again. Starting playing this playlist with wifi on. Let's see if it works out how to get to the second track this time without going into a huddle doing whatever crap.

It's obvious what it was doing. It had to move this playlist to the top of my "most recently played" list and that obviously triggered whatever endless loop. When I started playing this time that playlist was already on top but it got to track 2 without a problem.

Spotify is a disgrace for the music industry

I also mostly play DLed albums. I remarked about Internet connection in
order to acknowledge that it obviously isn't the problem.

@EarlPurple wrote:

that silly green whirly thing 

I hate that thing with a burning passion. Only slightly less than the silly rainbow whirly thing I have to put up with on the Mac I'm stuck using at the office.

Something start going south with the Spotify client a couple of months ago. It's insanely slow and unresponsive nowadays.

It can take 2-3 minutes to retrieve my list of playlists. (Or, once in a blue moon, it might happen immediately.)

It can take 2-3 minutes to retrieve the contents of a playlist. (Or, once in a blue moon, it might happen immediately.)

It can take 2-3 minutes to return search results. (Or, once in a blue moon, it might happen immediately.)

It can take 2-3 minutes to pull up the first screen of genre/mood category icons under Browse -- icons that should be cached on every device anyway because they're used globally. (Or, once in a blue moon, it might happen immediately.)

it doesn't matter if I'm using offline playlists or online. Even icons, images and songs that should be cached locally and have been used a dozen times before don't make a difference -- the app sits there achieving nothing for minutes at a time.

Internet connection quality is irrelevant. I have a UI tweak on my phone that displays upstream/downstream speeds in the notification bar any time the the phone moves even a byte of wifi/cellular data.

And the whole time Spotify is sitting showing the whirly green icon? It's doing nothing with the data connection. Nothing. At all. Literally it's not even trying to contact the Spotify servers or retrieve data. It's just sitting there scratching its head, figuring out what to do next. And when it does finally wake up and download what it needs, it does so at perfectly good speeds (2-5MB/s depending which connection I'm on). Meanwhile every other app on the phone has had a seamless connection the whole time and no issues whatsoever.

Something is seriously wrong with the latest versions of the Android app. There's some unresolved loop or issue somewhere that's causing the client to just sit thinking or twiddling its thumbs internally, achieving nothing, not even trying to talk to the servers. I haven't downloaded any more offline playlists in recent months, it's just become mostly unresponsive through one of the recent updates.

The Android client has always been "quirky" and far from perfect but I've managed to use it almost daily without too many issues for the past 4 years, but suddenly it's become just about unusable.

Dont tell lies. Spotify NEVER fixes things. They only add non working garbage.

How much they pay you to write that .

IF WE ALL STOP OUR PREMIUM ACCOUNT... MAYBE THEY WAKE UP AND LISTEN

Your reading comprehension needs a LOT of work.

Sat down today to listen to my new playlist that yesterday I downloaded onto my phone and today had played at home for a bit before coming out.

So it might have "connected" or been top of my "listened-to" playlists but was nowhere to be found there.

Not that I want "recently played". The first thing I want to see is my downloaded playlists. They are downloaded in order to play them so they should be at the front of the screen when I turn on Spotify. There are only about 5 or 6 of them and they are obviously in the local cache.

Open the playlist eventually and click on the track where I left off earlier but nothing plays. Nothing happens. It sits there.

Try to open settings to go into offline mode but can't get into settings, just a black screen.

Disconnect wi-fi and deactivate data mode to kill internet which sometimes shuts Spotify up from doing its nonsense but to no avail. Ended up having to restart my device (again).

I want to cancel my subscription. Anybody know how????

Suggested posts