Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sound distorted with Marshmallow

Sound distorted with Marshmallow

Hey guys,

since there is still no solution on the part of Spotify I think it is time to Open a New thread to this issue in case the old one is set to "fixed".

Many others faced the exact same Problem since updating from lollipop to Marshmallow. Even people who made a complete New Installation of Marshmallow on their phones have it.

The audio quality is broke massively while using EQ with surround Sound turned on. The frequences get distorted, Songs even seem to pitch up and down while playing.
The only thing to prevent this issue is turning off the whole EQ or disabling surround Sound. But everyone knows, that the quality is a mess without EQ when using headphones.

I run a Nexus 5 with Marshmallow. I tried both scenarios: updating OTA and a completly fresh Installation of Android. The problem isn't gone.

Please fix this issue soon! There have been three updates of the App since Android 6.0 was released and still we didn't get this Problem solved.

5 Replies

Same problem with me. Nexus 5, Android 6.0.1.

Sound quality is crap. Can't listen to any electronic music. Like an old analog radio.

Spotify, please do something.

can someone put this topic on top of the discussion chart so people from Spotify can see the importance of the problem? In fact, it is a massive glitch.

The same problem with distorted sound on marshmallow, on lolipop sound is ok.

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this?!

Same problem with a Oneplus 3T on Android 7.0. The distortion/skipping seconds happens occasionally though. Sad to see no official reacted to this yet. There goes your €10...

Suggested posts