Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Crashing on all my Devices (PC & Android)

Spotify Crashing on all my Devices (PC & Android)

My Question or Issue

Hey there! I've been a Spotify subscriber for a year now and I've always had this problem where the app occasionally crashes after ~45 seconds using the app. This happens on ALL my devices (I've tried two computers and an android phone and nothing fixes it). This happens around twice a week and it's super annoying because I can't listen to music unless I'm using the web app. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify on all my devices and I just can't seem to fix the issue. Any advice?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 9+, Razerblade Stealth 2017, Custom-build PC)

Operating Systems

Windows 10 & Android 10.0

7 Replies

Hey there @muffins2!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. Could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

If you are there are, could you let us know if you experience this on 3/4G, Wi-Fi or both? 

If a family member has a Spotify account, it could also be a good idea to ask them to log in on your devices to see if the app behaves the same way.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Feel free to get back to us if you have any further questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No worries. Unfortunately, I have not yet solved this issue.

I've tested this both on data and wifi (multiple different wifi networks) along with multiple different devices (desktop, laptop, & phone) with no luck. The Spotify app crashes on all the devices which makes me think this is an issue with my Spotify account? No one else in my family has or uses my Spotify account so I'm not sure how else to go about solving this. I've tried uninstalling the app on all my devices, changing my password, and changing my email but nothing seems to work. I'm pretty much stuck with using the web-version for now.

Any advice? Also, if you'd like, I can record a video of this happening and upload it to the forms.

Thanks for the confirmation @muffins2!

If you have trouble with different devices and different networks it does sound like the issue lies with your account.

We can suggest that you create a new account and do some testing with it to see if it works better.

If it does, you can take a look at this Spotify answer that explains how you can transfer your playlist and start fresh.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

hi I am having this same issue I’ve tried IPhone, my pc my ps5 my car Apple play multiple wifi and cellular connections and this issue is annoying as I have a 6 month premium which ends in march

Hey there @Obivxx

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Would you mind letting us know if you've already tried a clean reinstall across your devices? This usually helps solve any issues that might have been caused by corrupted files from previous installations. It will also get you the latest app version. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using your device and let us know if they can replicate this?

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Apologies if I am jacking this thread but I've been having this exact same issue where it crashes 45s to 1min after starting - and its unfixable? - Once I read somewhere it was something to do with the wifi and for awhile I tried the on/off method.  Sometimes it works fine but sometimes it justs crashes. 

Anyway this crash has happened both for mobile and desktop and has been doing so for 5-6months. quite annoying to be paying for this. never had time to go ahead to find a solution for it but today I had enough of it lol. 

Anyway, I created a new account - and it didn't have any crash issues which leaves me to believe it is an account issue and has no crashing.

As per the recommendation, 

I've done the playlist changing part using the create new account but was wondering if the data of 1 account was transferable to another? 

Just unfortunate to have a 3 -4 year account of data lost especially for the functions for 

1) Uniquely yours 

2) Recently played

3) and other song recommendations based on my listening genres. 

Hey there @julianng,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We're sorry to hear that you were experiencing this issue, but we're glad to know it's gone when using the new account, so we can confirm it was account-related.

Unfortunately, some data as your recently played content and personalized playlist like Discover Weekly and Release Radar can't be transferred. No worries though, as soon as you start using the new account, it'll start to get to know your taste and preferences again and it'll start generating those recommendations for you. This can take a couple of weeks, but the more you use the app, the better recommendations you'll receive.

We recommend cancelling the subscription of your previous account by following these steps, then subscribe again on your new account so you don't receive double charges.

We hope this clears things up. If you have any questions, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts