Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Offline Button Android 9

Spotify Offline Button Android 9

Hi, I love the Android feature to put an Spotify offline button in the notification bar. It makes it easy to save data when I'm outside. I recently got a new phone (Pixel 3a). with Android 9. Now the button does not seem to work anymore. When I click it, it activates, but once the drawer closes it turns itself off. It also doesn't seem to notice a change to offline within the Spotify app. I have tried to reinstall Spotify without a solution. 

Any ideas on how to solve this? 

Thanks

10 Replies

Hey there @ahoeschele,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

We'd first suggest making sure that:

• Any related app notifications are enabled from your device's settings
  • Spotify is set as an exception for any cache clearing or battery optimization apps.

If that doesn't do the trick, performing a clean reinstall of the app instead should help. You can find more info on how to do this in this Spotify Answer

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you still need help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katharine,

that didn't really work. In fact, since the last update, the button has disappeared altogether. I'm using version 8.5.9.737 and the latest Android 9 version. I don't know if this is an Android or Spotify issue. But the button seems to have disappeared and can't be added again in settings. Are you aware of this issue?

I can confirm that the tile disappeared with the latest version of the Spotify app. @Spotify please enable the offline mode tile again!

My Spotify just received an update. The Offline Button is still missing, however. Was it removed with intent? Is there a way to get it back?

I add myself in the loop, I've got the same problem, now I'm using 8.5.10.774 and Android 9 to on a OnePlus 6t.

It's very frustrating because this function help a lot during the day life!

Same issue it has disappeared.

Android 9

Zenfone 5z

Same issue here, just noticed the tile entirely disappear a week or two ago with no option found to re add it. Hopefully this is resolved because it would be an unfortunate loss, I used that feature multiple times a day 

I'm on an LG v30

Is there any news on the disappearing button. Will it come back? Is it gone forever? It was very useful...

Hey there folks,

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Our tech teams are aware and looking into this at the moment. In this case, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and requested details in this Ongoing Issue thread.

We'll make sure to pass on any updates we have there so keep an eye out in that thread for news.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need more help. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi. It It has been ages. I still do not have the offline toggle in my android dropdown menu. How much longer is this going to take??

Suggested posts