Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify bugging in Galaxy S7

Solved!

Spotify bugging in Galaxy S7

I recently upgraded from an s4 to a Galaxy s7 and for some reason spotify is messing up in a variety of areas. First of all, seen very commonly in the forums, is the issue of it not appearing on the lock screen. For me it, this is 70% of the time and the remainder of the time it works as it should. However, additionally, it also doesn't do some basic actions like discontinuing a song once the headphones are pulled out, it also keeps playing when I recieve a call. My earphone buttons also don't work anymore. I tried alot of different options including disabling power saving, but still, most of the time these basic features don't work. Additionally, it randomly started playing by itself, full volume, while I was in the library. I've seen alot of people complaining about it not appearing on the lockscreen, but for me, this is one of the many problems. Anyone else had a similair problem, if so were you able to fix it? Thanks in advance. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

All these issues, apart from starting playing at full volume in the library, are being discussed in existing threads in which the "fix" to roll back to an older version is suggested.

As for it starting up on its own, one possibility which springs to mind immediately is that someone else has access to your device via connect. The next time this happens, go to spotify settings and check if any strange devices appear under "Connect to a device".

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

All these issues, apart from starting playing at full volume in the library, are being discussed in existing threads in which the "fix" to roll back to an older version is suggested.

As for it starting up on its own, one possibility which springs to mind immediately is that someone else has access to your device via connect. The next time this happens, go to spotify settings and check if any strange devices appear under "Connect to a device".

Thanks for the quick reply Joe! Could you link some of the threads you're referring to? Also, do you mean an android OS rollback or spotify rollback? 

The spotify version. The threads are all on the first page of this forum. You don't need links, just browse.

You *might* have to re-download music again (if you do that) at least that's what I had to do but that may have been because I uninstalled the beta first before reinstalling 6.2.
Heres the steps:
- uninstall Spotify
- make sure auto update in playstore is disabled or it'll automatically update you back to 6.3
- enable the ability to install apps outside of the playstore (I suggest disabling this setting once you've installed 6.2)
- go to http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-6-2-0-1028-release/
- download the apk for ARM architecture and install it

Suggested posts