Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop Displaying New Podcast Episodes on mobile

Solved!

Stop Displaying New Podcast Episodes on mobile

My Question or Issue

So my question is, how can I stop "New Podcast Episodes" from showing up on my home screen when I open up Spotify on my mobile device?

I used to follow certain podcasts, but I got over them and no longer follow them, but Spotify insists on filling up half my home screen with "NEW PODCAST EPISODES" in between my "Recently Played" and my "Heavy Rotation". I do not want to see them anymore, I do not want to see "Your Top Podcasts" when I no longer follow any!!

Spotify devs, please add some kind of:

if (user_has_subscribed_to_podcasts)
  render 'podcasts/new_podcast_episodes'
  render 'podcasts/your_top_podcasts'
else if (user_is_not_following_any)
  render NOTHING

Plan

Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

Samsung A50

Android

spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @ankim47

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we can recommend voting for this idea if you'd like to see it implemented.

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be considered by the teams.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Agree. Please Spotify, please! I hate opening CarPlay and having to navigate to go to my recently played music. I hate seeing POLITICAL PODCASTS I literally have no interest in first thing in the morning. So obnoxious. 

DB505B9F-638C-4903-9BEC-81CE636D8D50.png

Marked as solution

Hey there @ankim47

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we can recommend voting for this idea if you'd like to see it implemented.

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be considered by the teams.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I don’t think the idea suggest here is what people are asking for. We don’t exactly need a custom start screen, I would rather have a way to dislike/hide podcast so that they don’t appear on my home page.

Hey there @nt_f7-eb7x36c, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community 🙂

There's another idea about disabling or hiding podcasts. If this is closer to what you'd like to see implemented, you can leave your +VOTE here

In case this idea is not what you're looking for, you can always have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts