Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Strange offline storage problems

Solved!

Strange offline storage problems

Hello,

I've have just installed Spotify on my Xperia Z3 Compact that got an 64 GB external SD card.

At first Spotify started to save all the offline music to my SD card but after Spotify was paused or crashed once it suddenly started downloading to the internal SD card all over again..

I googled the problem and I found a solution that could help; Remove all Spotify data and make sure the external card has less data or more availble space on it than the internal. I tried this and it seemed to work a while.

After a few hours I get this message that the there's no more space to sync offline files.. I opened the file manager and compared the Spotify app folder on both my internal and external cards and found out that Spotify had downloaded 8 GB on my external then suddenly it started to fill my internal card to the max.(Both cards had 8GB++ data in the cache folder).

I googled this too but I found no solutions for this, so I removed the Spotify app, removed both the Spotify app folder on internal and external SD card, rebooted my phone and installed Spotify again and started to sync the music.

And now it start to nag about low storage space as soon as I press sync on a playlist, and my external card has 58 GB free storage and my internal has 8GB free...

What is going on with the app?

Can you please add an option for choosing where to store the offline files and not rely on the buggy function that decide this automatically??

Android version 4.4.4.

Edit: Spotify also crashes often, and sometimes my Z3 crash/reboots after spotify have been launched.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sorry that i did not respond to this earlier. It seems like the latest update fixed the problem on all my devices 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

@jorbazz wrote:

Hello,

I've have just installed Spotify on my Xperia Z3 Compact that got an 64 GB external SD card.

At first Spotify started to save all the offline music to my SD card but after Spotify was paused or crashed once it suddenly started downloading to the internal SD card all over again..

I googled the problem and I found a solution that could help; Remove all Spotify data and make sure the external card has less data or more availble space on it than the internal. I tried this and it seemed to work a while.

After a few hours I get this message that the there's no more space to sync offline files.. I opened the file manager and compared the Spotify app folder on both my internal and external cards and found out that Spotify had downloaded 8 GB on my external then suddenly it started to fill my internal card to the max.(Both cards had 8GB++ data in the cache folder).

I googled this too but I found no solutions for this, so I removed the Spotify app, removed both the Spotify app folder on internal and external SD card, rebooted my phone and installed Spotify again and started to sync the music.

And now it start to nag about low storage space as soon as I press sync on a playlist, and my external card has 58 GB free storage and my internal has 8GB free...

Can you please add an option for choosing where to store the offline files and not rely on the buggy function that decide this automatically??

Android version 4.4.4.

Edit: Spotify also crashes often, and sometimes my Z3 crash/reboots after spotify have been launched.

Hello!

Sorry to see you're having a bit of an issue with syncing at the moment.

How many tracks are you trying to sync at any one time? 58GBs are more than plenty, however we have occasionally found that syncing a vast number of tracks at once can cause a little trouble. 

Are you syncing over Wi-Fi or are you using cellular data?

Is the phone still running the stock ROM?

Marked as solution

Sorry that i did not respond to this earlier. It seems like the latest update fixed the problem on all my devices 🙂

Hi there,

I have just bought a Sony Xperia Z3 and I cannot figure out how to move my songs from my internal to external memory. How did you do it?

Thanks 🙂

To me it felt kinda random when spotify started to store the music on the external SD. Now it works well for me.

Try reinstalling and removing the app data on your android. It worked for me when I had the same problem.

I also have a Z3 Compact and I have the same problem. I've tried doin'g everything, but I can't solve the problem. This is **bleep**. 

@jorbazz wrote:

Hello,

Android version 4.4.4.

Last time I had my phone back from service I had to have a clean installed spotify(not logged in and all spotify data both on internal storage and SD card removed) and then I had to go to Settings -> Programs/Apps -> Downloaded -> Spotify and select "Move to SD-Card".

For me this seems to be a safe way to sync data to SD-card.

Suggested posts