Premium

Country

Ukraine

Device

Motorola Z2 Force

Operating System

Android 9 stock

My Question or Issue

After some time (3-20 min) lost cast volume control when casting to Chromecast Audio.

Volume control working only when app active, and not working in background anymore.

Fix this issue only when forced stop and launch app, but helping not for very much time.

• Other apps like Youtube Music, different Chromecast radio apps work perfectly.
Screenshot_20201118-140614.png
Screenshot_20201118-140647.png
24 Replies

Thank you for fixing major Chromecast Audio bugs! (regarding this Alex post https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Cast-volume-contorls-are-not-showing-up/m-p/5078116/highlig...)

Yesterday evening and today morning Spotify and Chromecast Audio works perfectly! Now very very pleasantly using experience I have. Nice!

Also for maximum refreshing I delete cashe and user data in Spotify app then delete it and reinstall, and reset Chromecast and setting reftesh.

UPD: NOPE, still volume control lost and bugs with seeking track (time freezing).

Hey there @YuriiIp,

Thank you for your post and update here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you try with a clean reinstall of the app?

If you have an SD card - uninstall the app > turn your off your phone > take out the SD card > turn the phone back on > reinstall the app. 

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, Jeremi, looks like after clean reinstall from your link help!

Rarely have bugs with seeking track, but now much much more stability. Volume working great. Nice! 👍

Hey there @YuriiIp,

Thank you for your reply. That's really nice to hear 🙂

Would you mind sending over a screen recording so that we can have a closer look?

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Here it is: jumping to past time.

https://youtu.be/_gzAFlmVxSc

Bug self fixing after some time, as you can see in the end seeking started working correctly.

As I understand, actually it's only showing not right time, but jumping correctly on hear.

Hey again @YuriiIp,

Thank you for your reply and for the screen recording.

Can you try with another internet connections to see if the issue persists?

If it's possible - can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Unfortunately, all Chromecast issues still happening, guys, only I have this issues on CHROMECAST?

1) included stop volume control when not active app

2) track seeking bug

3) additionally random self stopped playing

😞

But no matter what Spotify is awesome)

I have had the same problem with disconnected Spotify volume control the last couple of weeks or months. Other apps works fine. Will try clean reinstall.

Hey there @slamhound

Thanks for reaching out about this.

In case the clean reinstall doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if the issue persists when you use your account from a different device?

You can also give it a try using a different internet connection. 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

1. I use other device Samsung tab S2 and see same behavior - after some time chromecast volume control ability lost. Only works in Spotify app.

Hi @YuriiIp

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to confirm, were you able to test this using a different connection? 

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using any of your affected devices to see if they can replicate it?

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify. Same problem. I have one more (old) device I can try. To set up everything (Chromecast and devices) on a different Internet connection is a hassle, might not be doable.

Hi @slamhound,

Thanks for the reply.

You can try creating a mobile hotspot from your phone and connecting all devices to that one. This is the simplest way to try another internet connection.

Also, try logging in with a different account. You can ask a friend/family member to log in with theirs or create a new free account for test purposes.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

After having been blocked from this thread I can now post replies again. New attempt to reply:

I tried a hotspot (turned off my router and used exact same hotspot ssid and password for simplicity).

Spotify never lost contact with the volume control of the Chromcast Audio device. Confirmed on 2 devices (Pixel 5 and Pixel 2) that were both experiencing the problem on my original network.

I will be looking for a new router since I have been experiencing some lag/latency/packet loss lately - possibly for as long as this has been a problem. Current router is a TP-link Archer C9.

Hi there @slamhound,

Thanks for the getting back to us.

We recommend you reach out to your ISP as they might be able to help out with a new router 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator

I did a factory reset of my router this morning (as recommended by the manufacturer support). It partly resolved the issue - volume control is still lost after a short while on my Pixel 5 device but not on my Pixel 2. Made repeated tests - it's now fully solid on the Pixel 2, works 2 out of 10 on the Pixel 5.

Spotify version working on Pixel 2 (Android 11/Update 2020-10-05): 8.5.85.894
Spotify version not working on Pixel 5 (Android 11/Update 2021-01-05): 8.5.98.894

EDIT: Later updated Android & Spotify on my Pixel 2 and it is still working solid.

Hi there @slamhound,

Thanks for getting back to us with the info.

It would be a good idea to do a soft reset of the Pixel 5, make sure the device is updated to the latest OS version and double check the relevant network permissions on the Pixel 5. Make sure that there is no Battery or Performance optimization enabled for the Spotify app.

If necessary you can try one more clean reinstall of Spotify after that to start afresh in case there are any issues with the cache on the device.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Still a problem on my brand new router (yes TP-link replaced it for me). The one I have now is a TP-link Archer AX50.
Actually it's worse - on my Pixel 5 Spotify will not connect to the OS volume control at all. And what's even worse - it will also not connect back to the Chromecast Audio device for tracking song position and/or play/pause features. AND after restarting Spotify I now have the Chromecast playing but a Spotify that starts up without a 'Now Playing' bar.
Tried on the older Spotify on my Pixel 2 - works fine. Updated to latest Spotify - Chromecast breaks down completely and I now have 2 devices that won't connect to a playing Chromecast Audio. Volume control still works IF Spotify is in focus.
---
I now uninstalled Spotify and re-installed. It immediately connected to the OS "Shared controls" (notification bar) but the device volume buttons still cannot control volume unless Spotify is in focus. Spotify now also asks to keep playing on Chromecast but answering Yes will not connect ok (still no 'Now Playing' bar).---
I don't know - sounds like NEW bugs and it's quite tiresome. I also made an investigation weeks back when I got the new router and tried to post the results on here - only to find everything I wrote was trashed by some timeout error message on community.spotify.com.

Looking forward to an updated Spotify with working Chromecast functionality.

---Haha, got an error posting again:
An Unexpected Error has occurred.Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.Click your browser's Back button to continue.Return to my original page
Clicking return will have lost the message.

I think all Chromecast Audio users need to go here, post and press "VOTE+" button
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-Chromecast-Audio-Connection-Keeps-Dropping/i...

Suggested posts