Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why remove the Android Widget?

Solved!

Why remove the Android Widget?

I just found out why my widget dont work anymore on my Note9. 

I dont get why Spotify shuns Android users. One of the reasons people use Andoid is the widgets and i use the Spotify widget quite allot during the day.

Your so called solution is a lazy solution that is pretty useless since it does not offer the same flexibility and is not even a good suggestion. 

Why was the widget even removed to begin with? what was the reasoning? 

Its pretty bad to just say "Not Right Now". Your paying customers wont stick around with you once better options come around with this sort of attitude. 

You already had the widget so why remove it to begin with? For a huge company like Spotify its silly to come up with excuses. I have 1 man apps that offer widget. 

I'm very dissapointed with Spotify at this point. Now that i'm on the subject, even your updates dont say what you update each time. Its pretty lazy copy/past text each time about improvment. 

What has happened with the company i loved and was an example for others? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @vampyren,

Happy to hear you feel informed 🙂 

We're always testing different features to see how the user experience changes depending on that. We'll keep you posted.

Have a nice day! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I'm not really surprised that Spotify wont reply to the questions. 

Dont we deserve some answers? Did your developers basically got lazy and said we dont want to do it one day? Seriously why do you remove something so essential? 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your interest in the Android Widget and for the feedback. 

Please follow this thread for upcoming updates. We do value your feedback and care about your user experience.

Stay tuned 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Glad to read about the widget being reinstated. Still why was it removed in the first place is a big question mark. Any way its good news. Thanks for letting us know.

Marked as solution

Hey @vampyren,

Happy to hear you feel informed 🙂 

We're always testing different features to see how the user experience changes depending on that. We'll keep you posted.

Have a nice day! 

PetyaModerator

Sure will accept this as answer. Just wanted to mention another issue that i think Spotify should really look into. The updates from Spotify do not have any mention of what is actually updated. Its a lazy copy/paste that you keep improving etc etc. 

This is really bad to be honest. Usually apps make a list of things they have added, changed, improved and keep their users up to date with the news. 

Like now, how will we know when you add the widget if you dont mention it in the update for the app?

Please bring this up with the team in charge and let them know about this issue.

Thanks!

Hey @vampyren,

Thanks for being active in this thread and for letting us know how you feel about the updates as a whole - I get ya. 

Just FYI - when there is a thread like this, you can easily hit Subscribe to keep track of the updates we make - we announce any big changes that have been made there. And you will get a notification immediately after the status changes. 

I hope this has been helpful 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Suggested posts