Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Songs synced to Android

Wrong Songs synced to Android

Hi, ive only just recently had this problem with a few local mp3s on my computer.

--

I sync the playlist i have with a few new mp3s on it and it seems to transfer correctly to my phone and work alright, the song will play for maybe 10-15 seconds but the song either goes silent or plays something completely wrong thats also a local MP3 file.... so so strange and frustrating. done everything like hard reset, unlink track etc but cant seem to find the solution. any help would be great becasue this is is really hard for me to fix

Thanks

3 Replies

The best course of action here would be to try a clean reinstallation of the application.

Give this a shot and let us know if it works. Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I recently downloaded a mixtape online on my computer. I made a playlist with the mixtape on my computer and synced it with my phone. When I check the playlist on my phone everything is fine except one song replaced another song on the mixtape. Say song A is supposed to be there and song B is there instead. Song B is by the same artist with a similar song title but I don't understand why it's there. 

When you sync ocal files the app will prefer stored content from the server, so if it finds you added a track to a local playlist that it has in the database it wil sync the spotify version. If like you've found that's the wrong thing you need to modify the metadata on your local track. use an id3 tag editor to change the song title and it should then sync correctly.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts