Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

surface pro 2

under my music, my playlists do not appear.  any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • under my music, my playlists do not appear.  any ideas?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify dont uses the whole space on sdcard

i have a lg g3 with 32gb sd card. if there is only ~11gb free on the sd card spotify stops downloading "offline" music. the internal storage has about 8gb left. why? there is no option to say spotify to go ahead with downloading? any solutions for th...

• Casual Listener
  • i have a lg g3 with 32gb sd card.   if there is only ~11gb free on the sd card spotify stops downloading "offline" music. the internal storage has about 8gb left.   why? there is no...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Internet Connection - Samsung Note 3

So, this is an issue I've been having for a long time across multiple phones. I'll open the app on my phone and it'll say that I don't have an Internet connection. Sometimes restarting the app or the phone will fix the problem, other times I simply h...

• Regular
  • So, this is an issue I've been having for a long time across multiple phones. I'll open the app on my phone and it'll say that I don't have an Internet connection. Sometimes restarting the app or the...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • internet
    Samsung note 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! help with spotify connect

I have a problem and I am unable to solve. Me and my father uses the same account spotify, both in online mode, but when he's listening to a song and I also happens a kind of interference, the music I'm listening also plays on his cell phone, and he ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem and I am unable to solve. Me and my father uses the same account spotify, both in online mode, but when he's listening to a song and I also happens a kind of interference, the music ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved songs

Is there a way to find out how many songs in your saved music within the android app? I know you can see how many songs are in your playlists but I don't see how many I have in my saved songs. I don't know if I'm close to the 10,000 limit or not.

• Music Fan
  • Is there a way to find out how many songs in your saved music within the android app? I know you can see how many songs are in your playlists but I don't see how many I have in my saved songs. I don'...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Xperia Z2 tablet + unlimited

I have a Sony Xperia z2 tablet and iPad + Spotify unlimited. For some reason I get only shuffle feature in my Xperia tablet, iPad is working without problems. Is Spotify interpreting my Z2 tablet as Android phone???

• I have a Sony Xperia z2 tablet and iPad + Spotify unlimited. For some reason I get only shuffle feature in my Xperia tablet, iPad is working without problems. Is Spotify interpreting my Z2 tablet as ...
  • SuperWisdom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android 4.4.4 Lockscreen Widget is missing.

Is there a know Issue with on the Nexus5 ? I dont got the Spotify Widget on the Lockscren. Also i cant find it in the List of Lockscreen Widgets...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a know Issue with on the Nexus5 ? I dont got the Spotify Widget on the Lockscren. Also i cant find it in the List of Lockscreen Widgets...
  • elPatricko
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Certain Tracks from my personal library are not available

I have a Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.4, have the latest update to Spotify, am a premium user have only 8600 tracks on my iTunes but still can't listen to all of my tracks. Like for some playlists I can only listen to listen to certain tracks. The res...

• Regular
  • I have a Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.4, have the latest update to Spotify, am a premium user have only 8600 tracks on my iTunes but still can't listen to all of my tracks. Like for some playlists I c...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How to disable Spotify Connect

Hi, since a few days my Samsung s4mini displays the songs which i hear on my pc. In the Connect options of the phone i can only chose between the two devices (PC and phone), but cant disable it. In the device option on the PC it says "conncected to s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   since a few days my Samsung s4mini displays the songs which i hear on my pc. In the Connect options of the phone i can only chose between the two devices (PC and phone), but cant disab...
  • Narut
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

songs skipping ahead

Im a premium account user and my Spotify keeps skipping ahead songs when using my Android app on my HTC One phone. This happens with synch, playlists and normal streaming with and without headphones. I have tried factory reset of my phone and uninsta...

• Casual Listener
  • Im a premium account user and my Spotify keeps skipping ahead songs when using my Android app on my HTC One phone. This happens with synch, playlists and normal streaming with and without headphones....
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • abdroid app htc one
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify Grey screen

Recently after re-instaling the spotify app I do only get a Grey screen with a not working menu button.On Xperia t android 4.3. Does somebody know how to solvent this problem?

• Casual Listener
  • Recently after re-instaling the spotify app I do only get a Grey screen with a not working menu button. On Xperia t android 4.3. Does somebody know how to solvent this problem?
  • Brandtair
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to "disconnect" by android phone and laptop?

I want to use them for different playlists and I don't want one to change the other one. It worked the way I wanted it until I upgraded the laptop version of spotify and I want to change it back to the way it was. I cannot see any options to do this.

• Roadie
  • I want to use them for different playlists and I don't want one to change the other one.   It worked the way I wanted it until I upgraded the laptop version of spotify and I want to change i...
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Losing last playing track when closing and re-opening app after a while

Hi all. I'm a Premium user, using Spotify 1.4.0.631 on a Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.4. Here's the typical situation where I find the bug I wish to report: - I download tracks to listen in offline mode - I play offline music, then later I pause a track ...

Screenshot_2014-09-18-13-01-04.png
  • Music Fan
  • Hi all. I'm a Premium user, using Spotify 1.4.0.631 on a Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.4. Here's the typical situation where I find the bug I wish to report:   - I download tracks to listen in of...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes when opening open.spotify.com link.

Today I was trying to open a song from the browser. But spotify keeps crashing when opening the link.

• Casual Listener
  • Today I was trying to open a song from the browser. But spotify keeps crashing when opening the link.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes / shuts down Note 3

Description When I listen on Note 3, after a while of changing the songs the sound is gone and after a few second the phone restarts or shuts down. Spotify is in version premium. Issue appears in offline mode, as well as online mode. What are the ste...

• Description When I listen on Note 3, after a while of changing the songs the sound is gone and after a few second the phone restarts or shuts down. Spotify is in version premium. Issue appears in o...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Usuario Premium le sale el modo sin conexión cuando no está activado

Hola buenas, el problema está en que soy usuario Premium (mi cuenta caduca dentro de 1 año y medio) y el dispositivo me dice todo el rato que estoy sin conexión aunque tenga desactivada la opción de escuchar música sin conexión. No puedo utilizar la ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola buenas, el problema está en que soy usuario Premium (mi cuenta caduca dentro de 1 año y medio) y el dispositivo me dice todo el rato que estoy sin conexión aunque tenga desactivada la opción de ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

PLEASE FIX SMS and email notifications still non existent.

I am getting really mad that spotify fixed the issue with not being able to hear directions from an app, but still never fixed the issue that they will not play notifications (really low to the point you can't hear it). I drive long distance all the ...

• I am getting really mad that spotify fixed the issue with not being able to hear directions from an app, but still never fixed the issue that they will not play notifications (really low to the point...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Reordering songs in playlists - is this possible?

On the desktop app I can reorder songs in my playlist. I usually put them in the order I like listening to them. I can't find a way to do this on the android app. Is this just a key missing feature or am I just not seeing how to do it. Is it possible...

• Casual Listener
  • On the desktop app I can reorder songs in my playlist.  I usually put them in the order I like listening to them.  I can't find a way to do this on the android app.  Is this just a key...
  • Joemommaspotify
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist won't update on Galaxy S5

Hi, I've had this problem for 2 days now. I've updated a playlist on my computer, and it works as usual. And no problem the 100 times before that either. But now the last time, sure, the playlist was still in my phone. But there was no tracks in it.....

• Hi, I've had this problem for 2 days now. I've updated a playlist on my computer, and it works as usual. And no problem the 100 times before that either. But now the last time, sure, the playlist w...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Galaxy S4 sound level

When equalizer is turned off sound level is higher than when it is on. Why is this and how can I get the higher sound levels?

• When equalizer is turned off sound level is higher than when it is on. Why is this and how can I get the higher sound levels?
  • raypalmer22
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes