Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yamaha AV Receiver and Android how does it work

Solved!

Yamaha AV Receiver and Android how does it work

Hello, I use an apperently  a spotify enabled yamaha receiver. I need help how to get spotify run at this AV receiver.

I use no apple devices only android phones tabs etc.

Thanks 

122 Replies

Yamaha firmware update is available!

Awsome !!

My receiver should arrive either today or tomorrow. I will defintaly feedback after testing the spotify feature guys !!

Installing it now 😉

Looks like the update has only come to 675, at least it has not yet come to 475. There do seem to be new PDFs on the Connect feature - added today - but still no firmware update.

http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?language=sv&site=se.yamaha.com&category_id=16446&product_...

I have a question in to a guy I've been in contact with at Yamaha Finland to see when it's coming.

@superior9 wrote:

Looks like the update has only come to 675, at least it has not yet come to 475. There do seem to be new PDFs on the Connect feature - added today - but still no firmware update.

http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?language=sv&site=se.yamaha.com&category_id=16446&product_...

I have a question in to a guy I've been in contact with at Yamaha Finland to see when it's coming.

Network update does not offer you any update? It looks to me that the 475-675 use the same update file. Of course i'm not 100% sure, but if you want, you could try...

Not at home at the moment, will check if it doesn't show up on the yamaha site.

I can confirm it works perfectly on an RX-A830 with 1.46 😉

@superior9 wrote:

Not at home at the moment, will check if it doesn't show up on the yamaha site.

Ok, it looks like 475 and 575 updates are the same but 675 is different.

Yamaha Finland just replied:

"Spotify Connect firmware update have come to models V675 and higher.
Models V475 and S600 update will come next week ( information from product manager )

Older models will have that update after 1 month."

Downloaded it, installed it, played it, loved it!

@PeterMerkin wrote:

Downloaded it, installed it, played it, loved it!

Same here! I love that i can just start the payback in Spotify app and my Yamaha receivers turns on, selects Spotify input and plays. It works great and it's really easy to use.

Sounds awesome, I just got a V475 with the belief that it alredy had Spotify, but I really hope it comes next week.

I'm like you. I m waiting for the firmware upgrade for the RX575. I check every day on the site....

Ooooook - The spotify feature works fantastic. Good sound - good connection.

Although I had to manually switch from update via USB to update via LAN in the advanced options.

Default setting seemed to be "update via USB".

AVR is RX-V775 with now FW version 1.46

Awsome work!!

Great news wäre did you find the advanced options Menü?

@hhrhd wrote:
Great news wäre did you find the advanced options Menü?

Turn your receiver off, hold Straight button and press Power.

Press Program key until "UPDATE....USB" is displayed.

Press Straight key until "UPDATE.NETWORK is displayed.

Press Info key to start the update.

Check your receivers firmware installation manual, it's available on Yamaha support website.

I confirm new firmware works very well with my RX-V 575. Receiver Update is a bit tricky, you have to go into a hidden menue (see thread above).

Now it works immediately with the existing spotify apps on my Nexus 10 , 7 and 4.

Neat interface

Sound quality is now excellent, much better than bluetooth (bluetothh compresses too much in most cases at least if you do not have bluetooth ap-x) )

Thanks again for the hint with the info button on the front panel. Was not mentioned in the manual

hhrhd: are you sure you got the update on V575? As far as I know, the update is not yet released for V475 and V575. My friend has a V475 and there is no update available for him.

What firmware version do you have now? Are you in Europe or US?

Agree poisike.

I can't find the update on the Swedish/EU or US sites for 475/575 yet either.

Suggested posts