Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yamaha AV Receiver and Android how does it work

Solved!

Yamaha AV Receiver and Android how does it work

Hello, I use an apperently  a spotify enabled yamaha receiver. I need help how to get spotify run at this AV receiver.

I use no apple devices only android phones tabs etc.

Thanks 

122 Replies

When you download the firmware Yamaha insists that you also download the manual in which they describe how to get into this super secret manual.

@PeterMerkin wrote:
When you download the firmware Yamaha insists that you also download the manual in which they describe how to get into this super secret manual.

What?

Isn't it the firmware update done via ethernet directly on the receiver??

superior9: there are two ways to update, over the internet or using USB stick. You can download the firmware file from Yamaha website. There is also a manual about how to update.

@poisike wrote:
superior9: there are two ways to update, over the internet or using USB stick. You can download the firmware file from Yamaha website. There is also a manual about how to update.

That's what I thought in the first place, before some misinformation on these pages... Thanks. 

But that doesn't explain the fact that I still only see version 1.05 of the firmware on the 475/575 pages(!?)

Yes I am sure. I am in Germany. You can download Firmware in the www.Yamaha.de site

It works with english language in my German receiver

Could you link it here, because all I see on the Deutschland Yamaha site for 475 is RX-V475 Firmware Update Version 1.05 , which is not the new one.

Ups! sorry You are right! I have the 675! Since the difference is marginal I gues the update for the 575 will come soon AS well.

Today it can download new firmware to YAMAHA RX-V475 with Spotify Connect

Great! I will try when I get home. I can see it on the homepage ver 1.21 for v475

Just updated my RX-V475. Now I can connect with it using my Spotify app. Works great! Enjoy!

Perfect for RX-575 :)))

Marked as solution

Great
The APP alles to change sound quality in streaming mode. Has anybody checked if this has an effect for The Yamaha sound as well. My hearing is not young enough to realize a difference

The connect hardware devices all stream direct from the servers at 320 kbps. Changing quality on your mobile has no effect. You can actuall take the battery out of your mobile and the Yamaha will carry on streaming.

As a Samsung S4 owner and Yamaha RX-V673 owner, I can say the delay in rolling out Spotify Connect has made me explore other options.

I have used Google Music and CastToUpnp/dlna and found the quality absolutely A1. No dropouts with absolutely crisp sound quality. The same can be said for when I am using headphones to my S4.

I am also an iphone user and can't tell the difference between the two.

My feeling is that Google Music has the slight edge on encoding quality compared with Spotify.

Try Google Music and tell me Spotify sounds better.

Anything over Airplay sounds like crap to me if I compare it to Spotify Connect on my Yamaha RX-A2030.

I tried Google music all access using Chromecast connected to my Yamaha receiver. The sound quality is good but its really buggy, I got a lot of buffering and the playback just stopped at random times.

To me Spotify Connect on Yamaha receiver sounds better and works better, so I canceled my Google All Access. I really like that I can just open Spotify app and select my receiver as player and it turns on and plays.

About Spotify Connect and your v673 receiver. There can't be any delay if they have not even announced it for 2012 receivers. As far as I have seen, they have only told that they are looking into if its possible. If I remember correctly then Yamaha UK Facebook page replied that it should come to 2012 receivers sometime in the future, without any eta.

I don't use chromecast dongle. I use castupnp/dlna app on my android phone. It gives me the cast icon which then gives me the option to select my amp.

I have found it rock solid and sound quality is amazing.

hey guys, any update when will it be available for 2012 receivers?

@dr23 - You would need to ask Yamaha I'm afraid. It appears Spotify only "approve" connect devices, it is down to the manufacturers to get to that stage first.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

V475 works perfect.

Whilst out I tried to connect my spotify app to the car via Bluetooth and wasn't getting any sound.
Only realised what was going on when the wife called to ask why the hifi had come on.
The app turned on the amp over the 3g network. I thought it only worked over the same wifi network.
Scared the life out of the wife.

Suggested posts