Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Updated App now.not connect at all

I have updated spotify app on my samsung galaxy and now it doesnet connect at all....i have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it....turned phone on and off....still no luck....please help!

• Casual Listener
  • I have updated spotify app on my samsung galaxy and now it doesnet connect at all....i have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it....turned phone on and off....still no luck....please help!
  • Graybar80
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify closes when I pause a song

Everytime a pause a song the app closes and I have to open it again to keep listening the song or pass to the next one. Please help!

• Everytime a pause a song the app closes and I have to open it again to keep listening the song or pass to the next one. Please help! 😞
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Androind Background Data

I recently realized that Spotify was consuming way more data than it used to (I stopped using Spotify for like two monts then reactivated my premium acount a month ago) so I went to my settings and saw the backgound data was usin 3x what the foregoru...

• I recently realized that Spotify was consuming way more data than it used to (I stopped using Spotify for like two monts then reactivated my premium acount a month ago) so I went to my settings and s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    background data
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Atualizacao do app e importacao de musica

Depois que atualizei e adquiri o plano familiar premium nao achei a opcao de importar musicas do meu android,como devo proceder?

• Depois que atualizei e adquiri o plano familiar premium nao achei a opcao de importar musicas do meu android,como devo proceder?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stopping between each song

When I listen on my phone with my new bluetooth beadphones (platronic Backbeat Pro 2) the playlist stops at the end of each song. The phone display still shows that it is playing but I have to skip to the next song to get it to start playing again.

• When I listen on my phone with my new bluetooth beadphones (platronic Backbeat Pro 2)  the playlist stops at the end of each song.  The phone display still shows that it is playing but I ha...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution APP STARTET VON SELBST UND ALLE DOWNLOADS SIND WEG

Seit ca 3-4 Wochen öffnet sich die App ständig von selbst. Heist ich spiele mit dem Handy und die App popt einfach auf. Auch sind jeden Tag alle offline Tracks weg und ich muss sie erst wieder runterladen. Bin kurz davor spotify zu kündigen!!!Hat jem...

• Seit ca 3-4 Wochen öffnet sich die App ständig von selbst. Heist ich spiele mit dem Handy und die App popt einfach auf. Auch sind jeden Tag alle offline Tracks weg und ich muss sie erst wieder runter...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist not updating on phone

My playlist is not updating or downloading new songs I add from my pc. The issue has been happing for the last week or so. I've rebooted the phone multiple times. The songs show up on my PC playlist but not on the phone. Any thoughts on fixing?

• My playlist is not updating or downloading new songs I add from my pc. The issue has been happing for the last week or so. I've rebooted the phone multiple times. The songs show up on my PC playlist ...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I delete a single song off of an entire downloaded playlist?

I've downloaded my whole playlist but I don't see any options of deleting a single song from my downloads. I've been told that removing the song from my playlist does not delete the song. Is there any solution to this? Why is it so complicated to del...

• Casual Listener
  •  I've downloaded my whole playlist but I don't see any options of deleting a single song from my downloads. I've been told that removing the song from my playlist does not delete the song. Is th...
  • ElsaGottvall
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify deleting downloaded songs

Randomly Spotify will delete all but a song or two from most of my downloaded albums. Playlists are unaffected. This has happened across two phones now, after clearing the offline devices and reinstalling the app, wiping cache, data, restarting the p...

• Randomly Spotify will delete all but a song or two from most of my downloaded albums. Playlists are unaffected. This has happened across two phones now, after clearing the offline devices and reinsta...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Issues

Been having several issues with Spotify for a while now.1. Songs often just stop/pause midway through a track for no reason.2. Keeps unsaving all of my downloaded songs (2000+)3. Occasionally just glitches, songs skip almost like a scratched CD?I've ...

• Been having several issues with Spotify for a while now. 1. Songs often just stop/pause midway through a track for no reason. 2. Keeps unsaving all of my downloaded songs (2000+) 3. Occasionally j...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Half my playlist disappeared

Hello! I hope someone can help me out. I have searched the forum but haven't found a solution to my problem. Last week I listened to one of my playlists on my phone (android) while I slept for about an hour. When I woke up, I noticed that the playlis...

• Hello! I hope someone can help me out. I have searched the forum but haven't found a solution to my problem.   Last week I listened to one of my playlists on my phone (android) while I slept f...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why the **bleep** Spotify Premium keeps DELETING thousand of offline songs on my 2 offline devices?

Well, this is getting beyond annoying:I have spotify premium, regular payments, etc etc...I have 2 offline-enabled devices with a lot of offline music downloaded (a samsung galaxy S7 and a samsung galaxy tab s2)Every other day or so I find a number (...

• Regular
  • Well, this is getting beyond annoying: I have spotify premium, regular payments, etc etc... I have 2 offline-enabled devices with a lot of offline music downloaded (a samsung galaxy S7 and a samsun...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect - Multiple Speakers/Devices

Hi, I have Chromecast and Apple devices for streaming music at home. However, Spotify doesn't show Airport Express on available devices, only Chromecast. How can I enable streaming Spotify thru my Airport Express?Thanks for your adviceFausto

• Hi, I have Chromecast and Apple devices for streaming music at home. However, Spotify doesn't show Airport Express on available devices, only Chromecast. How can I enable streaming Spotify thru my Ai...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local File Problem?

Hi. I downloaded MP3 file of Charlie Puth's Chandelier cover before. First time I failed to apply it on Spotify, but second time I succeed.However, that's not a problem. The file that I failed to apply still remains. It keeps catching my eyes.Is ther...

• Regular
  • Hi. I downloaded MP3 file of Charlie Puth's Chandelier cover before. First time I failed to apply it on Spotify, but second time I succeed. However, that's not a problem. The file that I failed to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! turn saved songs into play list when using android app

Hey guys. I have no computer available and wanted to convert my saved songs into a playlist that I can share. Any suggestions? Cheers.

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys. I have no computer available and wanted to convert my saved songs  into a playlist that I can share. Any suggestions? Cheers.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Singles not showing on Artist page.

Well. Yeah.Yesterday I was looking for System of a Down singles, and I noticed that they were gone (before, there were two singles). I thought that maybe Spotify removed them because copyright, or something.Then I got suspicious, and decided to look ...

• Well. Yeah. Yesterday I was looking for System of a Down singles, and I noticed that they were gone (before, there were two singles). I thought that maybe Spotify removed them because copyright, or ...
  • collider93
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android Wear 2.0: volume control missing after 2.0-update on Polar M600

After the Android Wear 2.0-update on my Polar M600, I can't control the volume anymore via the M600 watch (see attachment). Before the update, the M600 would display a diamond shaped control pad on the watch: left and right for previous/next track - ...

• Visitor
  • After the Android Wear 2.0-update on my Polar M600, I can't control the volume anymore via the M600 watch (see attachment). Before the update, the M600 would display a diamond shaped control pad...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My Spotify is useless

Ok my Spotify simply does not play anything I want, if I try to play some new Playlist or something it simply does not do it. Please check the pics, but if a want to play something that I already played before or some suggestions work fine. Please he...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok my Spotify simply does not play anything I want, if I try to play some new Playlist or something it simply does not do it. Please check the pics, but if a want to play something that I already pla...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline content

Hi! I have two phones, both on the internet via the save WiFi. Phone 1 has a playlist which is saved to the phone. When I listen to music on phone 2 and then stream it via phone 1 (via available devices) and that particular track is saved on phone 1,...

• Hi!   I have two phones, both on the internet via the save WiFi. Phone 1 has a playlist which is saved to the phone. When I listen to music on phone 2 and then stream it via phone 1 (via avail...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play downloaded song without internet connectio

Hey hi everyoneI updated the appAnd after that the app doesn't allow me to play music without an Internet connection. Even if I have already downloaded the songsI have deleted the app and redownloaded the song and still the same problemI have spotify...

• Hey hi everyone I updated the app And after that the app doesn't allow me to play music without an Internet connection. Even if I have already downloaded the songs I have deleted the app and redow...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes