Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify doesn't go on playing songs

I can hear a few songs in a row, but after them I have to unlock my Phone again and go on the Spotify App

• Casual Listener
  • I can hear a few songs in a row, but after them I have to unlock my Phone again and go on the Spotify App
  • DerLado
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync from my Desktop

Hello I used to sync and download my playlists from my desktop into my android.... now its gone... Why is that???? I have a lot of playlists and download one by one in my phone is pretty stupid, I used to do that with one click in my desktop.... Is t...

• Regular
  • Hello   I used to sync and download my playlists from my desktop into my android.... now its gone... Why is that???? I have a lot of playlists and download one by one in my phone is pretty stu...
  • Sk0ll
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs wont play

• Casual Listener
  • Greg49
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Smart Offline Mode for Mobile Apps

My smart phone constantly says i'm offline and I always have my WiFi on. Either way, I have premium & my offline setting is on and it never plays any of my music. I have read several articles on here, tried everything, and nothing helped. I want dire...

• Casual Listener
  • My smart phone constantly says i'm offline and I always have my WiFi on. Either way, I have premium & my offline setting is on and it never plays any of my music. I have read several articles on ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas de almacenamiento

Hola!Me pueden ayudar de favor para saber como puedo mover mi spoti a la tarjeta SD.Cuando lo descargue automaticamente se guarda en la memoria interna tengo un xperia xa ultra y lo quiero hacer manualmente desde una pc pero no me aparece una carpeta...

• Hola! Me pueden ayudar de favor para saber como puedo mover mi spoti a la tarjeta SD. Cuando lo descargue automaticamente se guarda en la memoria interna tengo un xperia xa ultra y lo quiero hacer ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist viewing and shuffle

Hi,I've had Premium for many years and there has always been an option on my various android phones to view all the tracks within a certain playlist, and then play that list in Shuffle mode. I reinstalled Spotify today as it was getting buggy and now...

• Regular
  • Hi, I've had Premium for many years and there has always been an option on my various android phones to view all the tracks within a certain playlist, and then play that list in Shuffle mode.  ...
  • Sk0ll
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 8 likes

Queue button is gone

My queue button is just gone...

• Casual Listener
  • My queue button is just gone...
  • BlakeTheDJ
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloads no longer working

I'm a Spotify premium member but the app no longer seems to download the music to my phone any more. This has been happening for a few weeks now with my phone saying 0 out of 51 (0% complete). Occasionally I'm lucky and one song will download but not...

• Visitor
  • I'm a Spotify premium member but the app no longer seems to download the music to my phone any more. This has been happening for a few weeks now with my phone saying 0 out of 51 (0% complete). Occasi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC One N7 Nougat - Music stops on screenlock

Just that, really annoying. Permissions all OK. Just started doing it last night.

• Casual Listener
  • Just that, really annoying. Permissions all OK. Just started doing it last night.
  • ViktoriaB
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to switch to wifi speaker

Hi all,I have problem with connection to wifi speaker.I'm using MUZO on wifi and Spotify offers me more devices, but I can not run them.Please see screen shot. "kocka" is wifi speaker, I can not run it from here..It just simly plays on the background...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, I have problem with connection to wifi speaker. I'm using MUZO on wifi and Spotify offers me more devices, but I can not run them. Please see screen shot. "kocka" is wifi speaker, I can no...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

"Make Available Offline" Toggle Switch Missing - Android app

Spotify for Android - Version 1.1.2.453 Premium Account Directions are not very clear (actually incorrect) on how to download a playlist that I found by browsing. I spent the last three days trying to fumble around with this. I guess you need to clic...

• Spotify for Android - Version 1.1.2.453 Premium Account   Directions are not very clear (actually incorrect) on how to download a playlist that I found by browsing.  I spent the last ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to stream local music to Chromecast Audio

I synced a few tracks from my pc to my android spotify app as instructed, but when playing those songs in the app, the chromecast option is greyed out. As soon as I switch to a song that I stream from spotify, I can play it on chromecast. Similarly, ...

• Music Fan
  • I synced a few tracks from my pc to my android spotify app as instructed, but when playing those songs in the app, the chromecast option is greyed out. As soon as I switch to a song that I stream fro...
  • eriknjoo
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant get local files onto mobile app

I cant get my local files on my computer to sync onto my mobile app.Added the song to a playlist and made sure i was on the same Wifi as the phone when i started the download. Disabled both windows and virus program firewalls. Still nothing. How can ...

• I cant get my local files on my computer to sync onto my mobile app. Added the song to a playlist and made sure i was on the same Wifi as the phone when i started the download. Disabled both windows...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App wants total control

Something has changed in this app. When I stop a song, I noticed that the next time the phone connects to my car stereo, or bluetooth headphones at work, it automatically starts playing again. If I clear the app from "recent items", that does not sto...

• Casual Listener
  • Something has changed in this app.  When I stop a song, I noticed that the next time the phone connects to my car stereo, or bluetooth headphones at work, it automatically starts playing again. ...
  • ethannwu
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

google now, locked device, not working

Hi,I want to use google now to change spotify track while my device is locked in my pocket.I tell "ok google, please play daft punk with spotify"-answer form google now: "okay, we will tell spotify to play daft punk".But it doesn't do anything, until...

• Regular
  • Hi, I want to use google now to change spotify track while my device is locked in my pocket. I tell "ok google, please play daft punk with spotify" -answer form google now: "okay, we will tell...
  • Jon403
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Other
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Suggested songs

I have an account with Spotify. How do stop Spotify from interrupting a playlist I created with suggested songs?

• Casual Listener
  • I have an account with Spotify.  How do stop Spotify from interrupting a playlist I created with suggested songs?  
  • Fenwol
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming quality on Android TV client?

Since the Spotify app for this client doesn't let you change the streaming quality (at least, I couldn't find the option anywhere), I was wondering what bitrate it was using for this particular client and if there was any plan to add the option for c...

• Since the Spotify app for this client doesn't let you change the streaming quality (at least, I couldn't find the option anywhere), I was wondering what bitrate it was using for this particular clien...
  • bartaspoz
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! downloaded Playlist won't stay downloaded

I have had this app for some years and right now I am ready to do away with it. It is suckling the data off my plan like crazy.I have downloaded my starred Playlist 5 times for offline use and when I close out the app, not log out, when I open app th...

• Casual Listener
  • I have had this app for some years and right now I am ready to do away with it. It is suckling the data off my plan like crazy. I have downloaded my starred Playlist 5 times for offline use and when...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes