Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I have to download ALL my songs everytime

Hello,Everytime that I save a song and download it, Spotify starts downloading all my songs again. I mean, songs that was already downloaded, and Spotify downloads them as if they were songs that I just saved, but they are not! Could anybody help me?

• Hello, Everytime that I save a song and download it, Spotify starts downloading all my songs again. I mean, songs that was already downloaded, and Spotify downloads them as if they were songs that I...
  • cemremanet
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Gift card

I have a problem with my gift card if i redeem the code it says oops try later again can some one help please ?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem with my gift card if i redeem the code it says oops try later again can some one help please ?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Thumbs up not working on radio - Stuck after first thumbs up

When listening to radio and using my Andriod to control my Spotify compatible amplifier I can thumbs up a song but after that the thumbs up appears locked for all subsequent song and I can't thumbs up or thumbs down any more.

• When listening to radio and using my Andriod to control my Spotify compatible amplifier I can thumbs up a song but after that the thumbs up appears locked for all subsequent song and I can't thumbs u...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Radio plays after playlist ends

Each time a playlist ends a related radio starts playing using my cellular data. Can I turn that off somehow? It sucks...

• Each time a playlist ends a related radio starts playing using my cellular data. Can I turn that off somehow? It sucks...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can't share songs to other Spotify user

I can't share songs to other spotify user from my A5 2016 ( Android 6.0.1). I can only share them via sms, email, messenger etc. When I use spotify from computer there is no problem, I can share songs to Spotify people. Few days ago I connected my ac...

• I can't share songs to other spotify user from my A5 2016 ( Android 6.0.1). I can only share them via sms, email, messenger etc.  When I use spotify from computer there is no problem, I can...
  • toasterface
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android closing Spotify in background

Hi all The last few versions of Spotify have not allowed me to leave the app in the background without it just closing the app mid song! No I don't have any task killers. My developer settings are set to not kill background apps. No memory optimisati...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all   The last few versions of Spotify have not allowed me to leave the app in the background without it just closing the app mid song! No I don't have any task killers. My developer settin...
  • bacizone
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How to determine if a song is already in a playlist?

Hi.Is there a way to quickly determine if a song that's playing is already in one of my playlists? For example a menu option to show playlist membership? I'd like to keep all songs in my playlists unique. I have a lot of playlists and don't always re...

• Music Fan
  • Hi. Is there a way to quickly determine if a song that's playing is already in one of my playlists? For example a menu option to show playlist membership? I'd like to keep all songs in my playlists ...
  • bosi
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

No Notifications

Hey I've had spotify for a few months now and have yet to receive any push notifications to any of my Android devices. I follow playlists that are updated regularly and it would be nice to know when new content is added. I've got push notifications t...

• Hey I've had spotify for a few months now and have yet to receive any push notifications to any of my Android devices. I follow playlists that are updated regularly and it would be nice to know when ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto plays sound through the phone speakers

I just bought a Volkswagen GTI 2016 with Android auto. The phone connects to Android auto and I can press play in Android auto and the song showing on the car display starts playing from the phone speakers. Bluetooth phonecalls work over the car spea...

• Casual Listener
  • I just bought a Volkswagen GTI 2016 with Android auto.    The phone connects to Android auto and I can press play in Android auto and the song showing on the car display starts playing fr...
  • pustekuchen2017
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Skipping Track

When I startup the app and resume the last song I closed the app, it always skips the next song. And the song is available. Don't know why. Can you help solve or will it be fixed in a future update.

• Regular
  • When I startup the app and resume the last song I closed the app, it always skips the next song. And the song is available. Don't know why. Can you help solve or will it be fixed in a future update.
  • fserdil
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Old Pictures.

So, I've changed facebook pic like 3-4 months ago or so, but the "discover weekly" picture is still a picture of me and my ex.. so does anyone know how to fix this?

• Visitor
  • So, I've changed facebook pic like 3-4 months ago or so, but the "discover weekly" picture is still a picture of me and my ex.. so does anyone know how to fix this?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

A dedicated button to stream to Google Chromecast

Hi, I use Spotify on an iPad but mainly on an Android Tablet and Smartphone. Most apps on Android have a dedicated Chromecast button. May I ask yo to implement this for Spotify as well? It will simplify the use of Google Chromecast. With kind regatrd...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I use Spotify on an iPad but mainly on an Android Tablet and Smartphone. Most apps on Android have a dedicated Chromecast button. May I ask yo to implement this for Spotify as well? It w...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android audio routing messed up since 7.0.0.1369

Hi people, I've encountered a serious audio routing problem on my device since version 7.0.0.1369. It's the same on version 7.0.0.1371. What's the problem? I use Spotify together with Waze navigation all the time. My phone is connected with a 3,5mm j...

• Roadie
  • Hi people,   I've encountered a serious audio routing problem on my device since version 7.0.0.1369. It's the same on version 7.0.0.1371.   What's the problem? I use Spotify together wi...
  • deechtewber
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify jumping songs when being paused

When playing an album and the music is paused I expect that Spotify just keep on and play the rest of the album when I push play again but instead Spotify jumps over the song that follows the one that was played when I did push pause. For example if ...

• Casual Listener
  • When playing an album and the music is paused I expect that Spotify just keep on and play the rest of the album when I push play again but instead Spotify jumps over the song that follows the one tha...
  • Quoman
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

how do I add downloaded music to a playlist?

I tried to do what spotify said on their website, but it's not working. I'm on the same wifi network and everything. What do I do?

• I tried to do what spotify said on their website, but it's not working. I'm on the same wifi network and everything. What do I do?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution There's no "Download to SD" option in my Spotify

Hello, I'm in a trouble because I'm not able to see the option to save my downloaded playlists in the SD card, it simply disappeared after the latest Spotify updradedI have a Samsung J5, Android 6.0.1 and the latest version of Spotify. I've tried uni...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm in a trouble because I'm not able to see the option to save my downloaded playlists in the SD card, it simply disappeared after the latest Spotify updraded I have a Samsung J5, Android 6....
  • Danagu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

too many devices, only 1 device

Running on a galaxy note 3, worked fine until I switched offline tracks to my new SD card. Now every time I load the app I have to download my whole library. It says there are too many devices synced even though even on the website it only shows one ...

• Casual Listener
  • Running on a galaxy note 3, worked fine until I switched offline tracks to my new SD card. Now every time I load the app I have to download my whole library. It says there are too many devices synced...
  • fgsfsfbbbrd
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sequential Play no longer functioning/happening on Premium

As of recently (this weekend/most recent update) albums no longer play tracks in sequential order, all playback is shuffle. This is useless and defeats the purpose of listening to an album in total or even sequencing an album to begin with. Not being...

• As of recently (this weekend/most recent update) albums no longer play tracks in sequential order, all playback is shuffle. This is useless and defeats the purpose of listening to an album in total o...
  • jamesspitz
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes