Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Carter158
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • iavned
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

ERROR :(

There is no storage space on the device . I get an error.

• There is no storage space on the device . I get an error.
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App "Normal Quality" by downloads

My ask stands over that ^^.Sorry, if my question is annoying, but I can't find the answer (especially for this setting) in the FAQ

• Casual Listener
  • My ask stands over that ^^. Sorry, if my question is annoying, but I can't find the answer (especially for this setting) in the FAQ 😛
  • jonasherdegen
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No notification bar controls

Hi, when i change the app the notification bar controls are gone but in the spotify app notification bar controls are visible.I tried reinstall spotify and notification tick is okey.. Sorry for bad english. Version: 4.5.0.820

• Hi, when i change the app the notification bar controls are gone but in the spotify app notification bar controls are visible. I tried reinstall spotify and notification tick is okey.. Sorry for bad...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium free one week

Hi, I've activated the free trial for one week and now I don't know how to quit this offer and I don't know if it will cost me something after this week, please help me :S

• Hi, I've activated the free trial for one week and now I don't know how to quit this offer and I don't know if it will cost me something after this week, please help me :S
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Reset device password no e-mail received - "Geräte-Kennwort festlegen"

Hi, I am trying to reset the device password to use my Account on Spotify and I never receive the e-mail to reset. I checked spam folder and tried several days ago - not working. Please help. I am registered with a FB Account. Kind regards,Tim

• Hi,   I am trying to reset the device password to use my Account on Spotify and I never receive the e-mail to reset.   I checked spam folder and tried several days ago - not working. &...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify doesn't play continuously

Alright so I have Spotify running all the time and it does so pretty fine. Though when the screen is off after a few plays the song seems to get stuck at - for example - 4:35/4:35 and it doesn't go to the next song. I have to turn on the screen again...

• Music Fan
  • Alright so I have Spotify running all the time and it does so pretty fine. Though when the screen is off after a few plays the song seems to get stuck at - for example - 4:35/4:35 and it doesn't go t...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Ik krijg de hele tijd een foutmelding als ik probeer in te loggen.

Hallo,Ik heb sinds kort een nieuwe mobiel samsung s6 maar als ik wil inloggen via men facebook account zegt ie hele tijd fout melding probeer later. Ik heb het nou al 3 dagen geprobeert en hij werkt nog steeds niet. Ik heb men ww op facebook ook al v...

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo, Ik heb sinds kort een nieuwe mobiel samsung s6 maar als ik wil inloggen via men facebook account zegt ie hele tijd fout melding probeer later. Ik heb het nou al 3 dagen geprobeert en hij werk...
  • Jeroenlondon
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Crackling/static noice when in portrait mode on Nexus 9 tablet (possible bug)

Hi, Been using spotify on my android phone for years with no problem. Installed it on my nexus 9 (android 6.0.1) and got a really wierd bug. When im in portrait mode looking at a playlist all songs have a static / crackling sound every few seconds. T...

• Hi,   Been using spotify on my android phone for years with no problem. Installed it on my nexus 9 (android 6.0.1) and got a really wierd bug. When im in portrait mode looking at a playlist al...
  • etherist
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Video Issues

Started trying out some of the Spotify Video areas, liked and followed a few. I was watching slomo animals... Amazing stuff.. Then about 5 mins into the video weird rendering lines happened.Im using the latest version of Spotify, and on a Nexus 6I sc...

• Started trying out some of the Spotify Video areas, liked and followed a few. I was watching slomo animals... Amazing stuff.. Then about 5 mins into the video weird rendering lines happened. Im us...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Videos
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

songs are playing, but no sound

When I'm playing my playlist or the artist radio, the first song will play fine..but when the next song comes up, it will "play", except there is no sound! I have to stop and start the song again, then it works fine..until the next song. Has this hap...

• When I'm playing my playlist or the artist radio, the first song will play fine..but when the next song comes up, it will "play", except there is no sound! I have to stop and start the song again, th...
  • Jclark840
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Web Player
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify Offline

I was having this same issue. I had "use cellular data" setting turned on in the app but it wouldn't connect. I had to also go into my iPhone settings and then go to apps > Spotify > turned on "Cellullar Data" there two. Now works. In short, having "...

• I was having this same issue. I had "use cellular data" setting turned on in the app but it wouldn't connect. I had to also go into my iPhone settings and then go to apps > Spotify > turned on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline Access
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing the option to sort by Artist on my Songs folder

Hello, I searched for the solution and couldn't find it anywhere. I did find the button, but the only options showing are by "Title" and "Recently added", while the "Artist" one is missing, even though it is said to be there here.I tried reinstalling...

• Hello,   I searched for the solution and couldn't find it anywhere. I did find the button, but the only options showing are by "Title" and "Recently added", while the "Artist" one is miss...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Resume Playing or Mono Sound with My Fort Touch 3.8 and Bluetooth Stereo Connection

I have a 2013 C-MAX Hybrid with the latest MFT update (3.8?), TracFone LG34C (Android 4.4). I am connecting spotify android app (v4.5.0.820) to the car speakers via Bluetooth Stereo. It will start playing if I use the controls in the spotify app. Car...

• I have a 2013 C-MAX Hybrid with the latest MFT update (3.8?), TracFone LG34C (Android 4.4).  I am connecting spotify android app (v4.5.0.820) to the car speakers via Bluetooth Stereo.  It w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

offline playlists don't save on sd card (htc m8)

I have a 64 gb SD card in my phone. So the offline tracks should save on the card. I deleted the catch already and tried it with extreme quality too.Thanks for help

• Casual Listener
  • I have a 64 gb SD card in my phone. So the offline tracks should save on the card. I deleted the catch already and tried it with extreme quality too. Thanks for help 😊 👌
  • timmyboy
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Previous track STILL not working? Seriously?

So I have found out that the previous track widget on lock screen has not worked since introduction of Lollipop. And it still doesn't work. And it will probably never work. Google Play Music can do it. But hey, it's Google, they have Magic Powers.Pow...

• Roadie
  • So I have found out that the previous track widget on lock screen has not worked since introduction of Lollipop. And it still doesn't work. And it will probably never work.   Google Play Music...
  • navaira
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

import playlist

how can I import a playlist from a friend ?I am using a Samsung s6

• Casual Listener
  • how can I import a playlist from a friend ?I am using a Samsung s6
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App not functioning

I downloaded spotify to my galaxy S5, it let's me log in but then it goes black and shuts down. I don't have an SD card, so that's not it. I've Uninstalled and tried again several times but it still won't work. Please help

• I downloaded spotify to my galaxy S5, it let's me log in but then it goes black and shuts down. I don't have an SD card, so that's not it. I've Uninstalled and tried again several times but it still ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Mute on my Tablet

Hey guys basically what is happeneing, if I go to any song, and press replay, it will only replay with sound 3-5 times then mute, the progress bar keeps going, but it keeps playing on mute, until i either rewind the song, or until i shut off my table...

• Not applicable
  • Hey guys basically what is happeneing, if I go to any song, and press replay, it will only replay with sound 3-5 times then mute, the progress bar keeps going, but it keeps playing on mute, until i e...
  • Stodadio
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Where is Video shows?

I have seen a number of articles in the tech press about the new Video update and how both Android and IOS versions are available. Indeed, I received the update on my Moto E phone. I have not, however, received the update on my Nexus 7. What do I hav...

• Gig Goer
  • I have seen a number of articles in the tech press about the new Video update and how both Android and IOS versions are available. Indeed, I received the update on my Moto E phone. I have not, h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't save to SD card on HTC One M8

I've tried this solution as well others on the internet. Still Spotify downloads everything to my internal storage. I have a 64GB external memory with ~50GB free space. My phone has ~4GB free space.

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried this solution as well others on the internet. Still Spotify downloads everything to my internal storage. I have a 64GB external memory with ~50GB free space. My phone has ~4GB fr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes