Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Recovering musing from the SD in a new phone

Hi,As I move my SD, with the songs downloaded in my previous phone, I can not get the musinc to be play in the new one.both are Android, the old one an S4 and the new one an S7Spotify thinks the songs are already downloaded so I can not just download...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, As I move my SD, with the songs downloaded in my previous phone, I can not get the musinc to be play in the new one. both are Android, the old one an S4 and the new one an S7 Spotify thinks th...
  • rafaelg53
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

won't play songs? ?

My spotify hasn't been playing for days - every time I select shuffle play on any list or song it says to get premium for ad free... so I try to watch an ad and it always shows the same thing - some images about going premium but not a proper ad - an...

• My spotify hasn't been playing for days - every time I select shuffle play on any list or song it says to get premium for ad free... so I try to watch an ad and it always shows the same thing - some ...
  • feelikeastrangr
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Artist info while streaming gone after update

I updated my Xperia Z2 to Marshmallow a couple of days ago and suddenly my car stereo (Volvo) is not showing artist and song anymore, just "Audio Streaming"This worked perfectly before update. Spotify version 5.2.0.885Android version 6.0.1

• Gig Goer
  • I updated my Xperia Z2 to Marshmallow a couple of days ago and suddenly my car stereo (Volvo) is not showing artist and song anymore, just "Audio Streaming" This worked perfectly before update. &nb...
  • RutgerManger
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't change the volume

Hello everyone,I'm asking your help because I can't change the volume on my android device. It's either on full or mute. It only happens with the spotify app. I've tried reinstalling, turning my phone off and back on again, installing an older versio...

• Visitor
  • Hello everyone, I'm asking your help because I can't change the volume on my android device. It's either on full or mute. It only happens with the spotify app. I've tried reinstalling, turning my ph...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Verlauf einzelner Songs anzeigen (Mix der Woche hat sich aktualisiert)

Ich möchte gerne sehen, welche Songs ich bei der letzten Nutzung gehört habe. Da ich die Playlist "Mix der Woche" genutzt habe, hilft mir die Kategorie "zuletzt gespielt" nicht weiter, da hier nur die letzte Playlist gezeigt wird (der Sinn erschließt...

• Ich möchte gerne sehen, welche Songs ich bei der letzten Nutzung gehört habe. Da ich die Playlist "Mix der Woche" genutzt habe, hilft mir die Kategorie "zuletzt gespielt" nicht weiter, da hier nur di...
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashing on android

I have an samsung xcover 3, where the spotify app tends to crash randomly. After a few minutes of playing it just stops. When checking phone app is not showing, nor is it in the recently opened apps/running in the background.

• Casual Listener
  • I have an samsung xcover 3, where the spotify app tends to crash randomly. After a few minutes of playing it just stops. When checking phone app is not showing, nor is it in the recently opened apps/...
  • Fiskaa91
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Crash
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Force Stop ruined everything!

I chose to force stop the app like an idiot and ever since songs are delayed (some don't start at all) and playback stutters the whole time. I don't want to deactivate, I love my Spotify!!! I reset app preferences, did a clean reinstallation and even...

• Casual Listener
  • I chose to force stop the app like an idiot and ever since songs are delayed (some don't start at all) and playback stutters the whole time. I don't want to deactivate, I love my Spotify!!! 😢 I rese...
  • erin04stacey
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Reproducion aleatoria

Soy usuario Premium. Tengo listas de reproducción elaboradas por mí que suelo escuchar en la forma aleatoria. Casi todo los dias las escucho al hacer deporte y tienen cada una de ellas de 400 a 500 canciones. Lo más normal sería que el sistema memori...

• Casual Listener
  • Soy usuario Premium. Tengo listas de reproducción elaboradas por mí que suelo escuchar en la forma aleatoria. Casi todo los dias las escucho al hacer deporte y tienen cada una de ellas de 400 a 500 c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New artists

After the last upgrade the application is randomly picking music that I would never choose to listen to. How do I stop that? After the albumin I have selected is over it used to play more music by the same artist shock I liked but know it is going to...

• After the last upgrade the application is randomly picking music that I would never choose to listen to. How do I stop that? After the albumin I have selected is over it used to play more music by th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Slow sync

I just migrated from Windows Phone back to Android and Spotify is taking the same amount of time my old Lumia needed to download everything just to reach 10% of my songs. It's frustrating. Tried everything, even reinstalling the app. Only found compl...

• I just migrated from Windows Phone back to Android and Spotify is taking the same amount of time my old Lumia needed to download everything just to reach 10% of my songs. It's frustrating. Tried ever...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Search will not load on android

Hey guys, Has anyone been trouble when they search for an artist and Spotify will not load the albums/song? I checked my WIFI and I am with good signal strength and I do not want to re-start my phone every time I want to look for something. Any ideas...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,   Has anyone been trouble when they search for an artist and Spotify will not load the albums/song? I checked my WIFI and I am with good signal strength and I do not want to re-start...
  • ricardorivera84
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium isnt working

I already pay for my spotify premium for 1 month and its still not working. Ive been waiting for like 10 hours, is it normal? Or is it going to take a day to be activated? Thank you

• Casual Listener
  • I already pay for my spotify premium for 1 month and its still not working. Ive been waiting for like 10 hours, is it normal? Or is it going to take a day to be activated? Thank you
  • Bonsai
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing songs

When I try playing songs from any playlist, they are not highlighted and when I click on them to play it says the songs are unavailable. The only way to play them is through shuffle play and also ads are becoming more frequent even though I am under ...

• When I try playing songs from any playlist, they are not highlighted and when I click on them to play it says the songs are unavailable. The only way to play them is through shuffle play and also ads...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pago colombia

Ayer a las 2 de la tarde hice el pago por Bancolombia. Hasta ahora no se han hecho efectiva la compra a pesar de haber pagado Spotify no funciona, muy mal, bad, bad, bad

• Ayer a las 2 de la tarde hice el pago por Bancolombia. Hasta ahora no se han hecho efectiva la compra a pesar de haber pagado Spotify no funciona, muy mal, bad, bad, bad
  • Bonsai
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Feezing Randomly

For the past 2 weeks, when ever I use Spotify, if I start a playlist of songs I don't have in my library, they'll play just fine, and then stop playing if I go on other apps. Then as soon as I open Spotify they play again. It makes it really frustrat...

• For the past 2 weeks, when ever I use Spotify, if I start a playlist of songs I don't have in my library, they'll play just fine, and then stop playing if I go on other apps. Then as soon as I open S...
  • Bonsai
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast audio phone callls

Hello. Would hear it is possible to get spotify to stop/pause streaming to a chromecast autdio when you receive a phone call or even to carry out of a phone call. Please help Henrik

• Hello. Would hear it is possible to get spotify to stop/pause streaming to a chromecast autdio when you receive a phone call or even to carry out of a phone call. Please help 😉   Henrik
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle won't turn off

I selected the "shuffle play" option for an album. It shuffled for that selected album but now it's shuffling everything else, too. Is there a way to turn this off or something? It's super annoying!

• Casual Listener
  • I selected the "shuffle play" option for an album. It shuffled for that selected album but now it's shuffling everything else, too. Is there a way to turn this off or something? It's super annoying!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Could someone please explain how to play downloaded spotify music on poweramp

Poweramp doesn't seem to be able to find the downloaded music from spotify. Is there anyway for me to be able to play my music downloads from spotify on poweramp since I prefer poweramps player. Thanks

• Poweramp doesn't seem to be able to find the downloaded music from spotify. Is there anyway for me to be able to play my music downloads from spotify on poweramp since I prefer poweramps player. Than...
  • DarrenJBlagden
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

My radio isnt working and unavailable songs

I'm a premium user and my "discover weekly" songs are all unavailable and my radio section doesn't load or show any of my stations. Please help

• I'm a premium user and my "discover weekly" songs are all unavailable and my radio section doesn't load or show any of my stations. Please help
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes