Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Wont play the next song unless i open the app

I'm shuffle my Playlist and when the song is over it won't play the next song unless i open the app. Really frustrating because I don't want to keep constantly opening the app to play the next song.

• I'm shuffle my Playlist and when the song is over it won't play the next song unless i open the app. Really frustrating because I don't want to keep constantly opening the app to play the next song.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why all offline devices on the account webside just named "AndroidPhone"

Why all offline devices just named "AndroidPhone" and not with a hostname?Why have I all offline lists after any Spotify update new to downloading?Why is Spotify after any update mounted to the internal memory and all syncronized data are away?Why re...

• Casual Listener
  • Why all offline devices just named "AndroidPhone" and not with a hostname? Why have I all offline lists after any Spotify update new to downloading? Why is Spotify after any update mounted to the i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song not available

Everytime I go to play a song, even if it's from one of my personal playlists it wont let me play the song it says it's not available. I'm paying for premium so I don't understand why it's acting up is anyone else having this problem or know how to f...

• Everytime I go to play a song, even if it's from one of my personal playlists it wont let me play the song it says it's not available. I'm paying for premium so I don't understand why it's acting up ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle function not properly working on android

Hey, On the desktop version I can put all my playlists in a group and then shuffle through all the playlists. On my phone however, I can only click on "all songs" within the group, or select a specific playlist. When I select shuffle afterwards click...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   On the desktop version I can put all my playlists in a group and then shuffle through all the playlists.   On my phone however, I can only click on "all songs" within the group, ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I've had it with Spotify

I don't understand why Spotify is so terrible with customer service. I've been waiting since December for them to give me an app that works on my tablet. Spotify Cares seems to be the slowest and most clueless bunch I've ever had to deal with. I've r...

• Visitor
  • I don't understand why Spotify is so terrible with customer service.  I've been waiting since December for them to give me an app that works on my tablet.  Spotify Cares seems to be the slo...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify

My Spotify won't load. When ever I open it Spotify has a black screen and then my phone reports it has froze the only notification from Spotify is check your storage space. I have in reinstalled it but nothing has happened

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify won't load. When ever I open it Spotify has a black screen and then my phone reports it has froze the only notification from Spotify is check your storage space. I have in reinstalled it b...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Super slow after marshmallow upgrade

The app will start up and work well for the first few minutes. After that it takes forever to load or switch tracks, and sometimes when clicking an album, the tracks won't even show up. Brand new phone, just installed, no offline play list.LG V10 And...

• Casual Listener
  • The app will start up and work well for the first few minutes. After that it takes forever to load or switch tracks, and sometimes when clicking an album, the tracks won't even show up. Brand new pho...
  • Fungusamongus98
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline songs keep getting deleted

This is the 4th time this has happened and i'm getting pretty frustrated since i am paying for premium. All the songs i have downloaded onto my device have been deleted because it says that, "you have reached the maximum of three devices", when i am ...

• This is the 4th time this has happened and i'm getting pretty frustrated since i am paying for premium. All the songs i have downloaded onto my device have been deleted because it says that, "you hav...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection problem

Hi, I've been suffering this problem since I have smartphone. I don't know why but while I have my app open my Spotify internet conection works perfectly (in the streets, at work, at home, etc...) but when I leave the app, it disconects from internet...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've been suffering this problem since I have smartphone. I don't know why but while I have my app open my Spotify internet conection works perfectly (in the streets, at work, at home, etc...) bu...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to log into my spotify account on phone

Hi I am using a oneplus phone. I installed spotify and tried logging in. It gave me the error incorrect usrname/ password. I re-installed the app and then changed the password but I am still getting the same error. I am using a one plus phone. Kindly...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I am using a oneplus phone. I installed spotify and tried logging in. It gave me the error incorrect usrname/ password. I re-installed the app and then changed the password but I am still getting ...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help logging into my Galaxy 7 cell phone

Just signed up for the family plan online and it will not let me sign into my account on my cell phone.It tells I don't have a account.But when I go sign onto my laptop there's no issue with the matter. I just signed up and I am having problems out o...

• Just signed up for the family plan online and it will not let me sign into my account on my cell phone.It tells I don't have a account.But when I go sign  onto my laptop there's no issue with th...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on android wont stay open or play music.

When I try to open spotify it instantly closes. I've done a complete uninstall and restart, all of the trouble shooting things and it still isn't usable.

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to open spotify it instantly closes. I've done a complete uninstall and restart, all of the trouble shooting things and it still isn't usable.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested Songs

I'm trying to listen to a specific album, and I don't mind that it's shuffled, or that ads play every now and then, but what I do find incredibly bothersome and unappealing about this app is that, recently, it keeps playing unending strings of "sugge...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to listen to a specific album, and I don't mind that it's shuffled, or that ads play every now and then, but what I do find incredibly bothersome and unappealing about this app is that, re...
  • tjones17
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Play mp3 files on my mobile phone

I have added a couple of mp3 files to one of my playlists and while they can be played in the desktop version I'm still having trouble getting them to play on my mobile (the songs are greyed out right now). The files are on the phone too of course, b...

• Casual Listener
  • I have added a couple of mp3 files to one of my playlists and while they can be played in the desktop version I'm still having trouble getting them to play on my mobile (the songs are greyed out righ...
  • HoneySue
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Por qué no puedo ver lo que escuchan mis amigos en tiempo real?

No puedo observar lo que mis amigos escuchan en tiempo real, ni desde mi tablet ni desde el celular. Alguien sabe como resolverlo?

• Casual Listener
  • No puedo observar lo que mis amigos escuchan en tiempo real, ni desde mi tablet ni desde el celular. Alguien sabe como resolverlo?
  • padd20OmG
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify lost my playlist

Hi, spotify (probably) lost my playlist and I would like to have it back. What can I do?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, spotify (probably) lost my playlist and I would like to have it back. What can I do?
  • mzwagemakers
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't login anymore

I can't login anymore neither with Facebook nor password/email. I uninstalled reinstalled but that didn't work. The error i getbis Invalid username/ passwordSamsung s6 on marshmallow

• Roadie
  • I can't login anymore neither with Facebook nor password/email. I uninstalled reinstalled but that didn't work. The error i getbis Invalid username/ password Samsung s6 on marshmallow
  • tinalbutlergb
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Login problems android
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify doesn't recognize device as tablet

I am using Spotify on the tablet that came with my 2016 Vizio M-Series Smart TV. It only allows shuffle play like it would on phones. How do I get this fixed/report to Spotify devs?

• I am using Spotify on the tablet that came with my 2016 Vizio M-Series Smart TV. It only allows shuffle play like it would on phones. How do I get this fixed/report to Spotify devs?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App crashing too often

I can't stand it anymore. When I listen to an album the app crashes 3-5 times. It's horrible. It destroys the whole atmosphere and emotion of listenning to a song/album. I'm a premium user and I want a solution for this. I already reinstalled it, reb...

• I can't stand it anymore. When I listen to an album the app crashes 3-5 times. It's horrible. It destroys the whole atmosphere and emotion of listenning to a song/album. I'm a premium user and I want...
  • Knyaf
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes