Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Carter158
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app stops after 30 minutes

Hi there!Since the Android update last week, my Spotify account on my Nokia 6 shuts down after a while when I'm not using other functions (let's say 30 minutes, when I'm walking or biking). I tried everything: my settings, downloading the app again, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there! Since the Android update last week, my Spotify account on my Nokia 6 shuts down after a while when I'm not using other functions (let's say 30 minutes, when I'm walking or biking). I tried...
  • jamesXL
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

local files without premium

I don't have spotify premium but I would like to add local files to my mobile device (android 7.0) is there any other way than to download the playlist as I cannot download songs?

• I don't have spotify premium but I would like to add local files to my mobile device (android 7.0) is there any other way than to download the playlist as I cannot download songs?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downgraded search function? Search by year etc.

Just noticed that the 'year:1998' search function no longer works in the android app. Genre:indie and label:epitaph searches still work. The Spotify help Twitter account have confirmed you can't search by year in the android app. Why remove this func...

• Casual Listener
  • Just noticed that the 'year:1998' search function no longer works in the android app. Genre:indie and label:epitaph searches still work. The Spotify help Twitter account have confirmed you can't sear...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalize, more bass

Hi! I have a question. I use spotify on android huawei honor phone. How can i hear more bass. I have seen in the setting quality of music but its an other thing. Thank you!

• Hi!   I have a question. I use spotify on android huawei honor phone. How can i hear more bass. I have seen in the setting quality of music but its an other thing.    Thank you!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stockage important

BonjourL'appli Spotify utilise 10 Go sur ma carte SD alors que je n'ai telecharge aucun titre, tout juste une dizaine d'album sauvegarde dans mes playlists. Je suis loin des 1Go preconises.Merci de votre aide.Willy

• Bonjour L'appli Spotify utilise 10 Go sur ma carte SD alors que je n'ai telecharge aucun titre, tout juste une dizaine d'album sauvegarde dans mes playlists. Je suis loin des 1Go preconises. Merci ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Lost a song that I added

I added a song a few days ago that I thought was really good to my saved songs (clicking the check). I guess the internet swapped later on during the day and when my phone went to offline mode it deleted the song from the list. The song was in my Dai...

• Casual Listener
  • I added a song a few days ago that I thought was really good to my saved songs (clicking the check). I guess the internet swapped later on during the day and when my phone went to offline mode it del...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts no longer save how much you've listened to

I've been listening to podcasts through Spotify for nearly a year now, and in the last few weeks, the feature has been pretty much completely broken. If I listen to some of a podcast, close the app, then begin listening to the podcast again, it start...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been listening to podcasts through Spotify for nearly a year now, and in the last few weeks, the feature has been pretty much completely broken. If I listen to some of a podcast, close the app, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android - Volume?

Hi,Have searched and do not find an answer. Using V8.4.39.673 on a Galaxy S5 I do not see where to turn up the volume. Have looked in settings, on the track where the album art shows...cannot find it. Help please

• Hi, Have searched and do not find an answer. Using V8.4.39.673 on a Galaxy S5 I do not see where to turn up the volume. Have looked in settings, on the track where the album art shows...cannot find ...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't view all songs from one artist on Android App

Hello. I am using the Android version of Spotify and am paying for Spotify Premium. I have a very simple request: I would like to view a list of all of the songs by one artist within the app. Not one album at a time, but a full list of their repetoir...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I am using the Android version of Spotify and am paying for Spotify Premium. I have a very simple request:   I would like to view a list of all of the songs by one artist within the app...
  • Rodjar13
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes

Why did my uhq and tube amp features stop working?

I have premium and all of a sudden my sound quality enhancer stopped working? Anybody know what to do?

• I have premium and all of a sudden my sound quality enhancer stopped working? Anybody know what to do?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is Extremely Slow and Unresponsive on S8 Plus

I have a Samsung S8 Plus. For starters, the entire app acts extremely slow, not loading and even crashing. It works slightly better in offline mode. Most of the time it takes 10 minutes to open, even after closing it out completely and reopening. Res...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung S8 Plus. For starters, the entire app acts extremely slow, not loading and even crashing. It works slightly better in offline mode. Most of the time it takes 10 minutes to open, even...
  • ScubaSteve007
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes

Chromecast audio - can't connect from Android

I can connect from any other audio app to chromecast every time but Spotify doesn't connect 99% of the time. Have tried the usual things, uninstalls etc, and can only conclude its a bug. Any tips? Android 7.0. Samsung S8

• I can connect from any other audio app to chromecast every time but Spotify doesn't connect 99% of the time. Have tried the usual things,  uninstalls etc, and can only conclude its a bug. &nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Parrot astroid NOT working any longer...

My parrot asteroid smart is no longer working with the Spotify app...It use Libspotify 12.1.134.gba1124f3Release Android-arm[parrot]Mobile I suspect Spotify has updated and is no longer backwards compatible...truly disappointing service in auto segme...

• Casual Listener
  • My parrot asteroid smart is no longer working with the Spotify app... It use Libspotify 12.1.134.gba1124f3Release Android-arm[parrot]Mobile   I suspect Spotify has updated and is no longer ba...
  • Trucker
  • 17 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 3 likes

Full playlist won't shuffle

I have a playlist of 225 songs. But when I try to shuffle it, only the first 50 or so songs are able to appear in the shuffled playing list.I pay for premium, so this is super annoying

• I have a playlist of 225 songs. But when I try to shuffle it, only the first 50 or so songs are able to appear in the shuffled playing list. I pay for premium, so this is super annoying
  • patbit60
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify closes when opening a app

So when listening to my music I go to the home page and open a game or look at articles while while trying to listen to music but Spotify just closes instantly or closes during a song and have to start from the beginning this is frustrating to me. An...

• So when listening to my music I go to the home page and open a game or look at articles while while trying to listen to music but Spotify just closes instantly or closes during a song and have to sta...
  • amirism
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

On my android mobile my session closes

On my android mobile my session closes and only I can enter again if I delete the data of the apliccation. This is happening every week or two or three days in a week.

• On my android mobile my session closes and only I can enter again if I delete the data of the apliccation. This is happening every week or two or three days in a week. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

• Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why won't spotify play all my saved music

I don't have spotify premium first off but I have a lot of music saved but when it shuffles it ends up playing my old music and not any of the new ones I saved

• I don't have spotify premium first off but I have a lot of music saved but when it shuffles it ends up playing my old music and not any of the new ones I saved
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify stops playing when mobile reception is low

I'm not sure if this is the cause but whenever my reception drops Spotify doesn't play the next song and at times stops playing the current song. This happens on downloaded playlists on songs that have been there for ages. Any ideas how to fix this? ...

• Music Fan
  • I'm not sure if this is the cause but whenever my reception drops Spotify doesn't play the next song and at times stops playing the current song. This happens on downloaded playlists on songs that ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution premium but can't play downloaded song

I have premium account but I can't play my downloaded songs when I'm offline. There are the green circle too but I still can't play my downloaded songs. What should I do? Help pls

• Not applicable
  • I have premium account but I can't play my downloaded songs when I'm offline. There are the green circle too but I still can't play my downloaded songs. What should I do? Help pls
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes