Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

1 song

Lately spotify plays one song then stops, i cant play another cause it tells me i need premium if i want ad free music? The app has been down for 10 + hours on my phone. Then other times it plays 30 seconds of a song then stops..mmkaay. hey its free ...

• Lately spotify plays one song then stops, i cant play another cause it tells me i need premium if i want ad free music? The app has been down for 10 + hours on my phone.  Then other times it pla...
  • jmdesin892
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No longer available to download songs in my SD Card

I´ve just opened the app and I realized all my downloaded songs had been deleted. I downloaded them again and all the music was being storaged in my device memory. Now I realized there is no option for moving them to a SD Card. Why? Is it because of ...

• Casual Listener
  • I´ve just opened the app and I realized all my downloaded songs had been deleted. I downloaded them again and all the music was being storaged in my device memory. Now I realized there is no option f...
  • idem2lyon
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music/Playlists Downloading Randomly on Cellular

A few times now i've experienced my Spotify app (on android) will suddenly start updating and downloading a load of playlists when i am off Wifi (using a 4G connection) even through my settings have "Download using cellular" set to Off. Last month, a...

• A few times now i've experienced my Spotify app (on android) will suddenly start updating and downloading a load of playlists when i am off Wifi (using a 4G connection) even through my settings have ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

OASIS' albums cant be played

I have all the available albums downloaded on my s7, but cant manage to play them. It happen only with oasis' albums, whether they are downloaded or not, online or offline...My friends can easily play this music, so I cant really figure out whats goi...

• I have all the available albums downloaded on my s7, but cant manage to play them. It happen only with oasis' albums, whether they are downloaded or not, online or offline...My friends can easily pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download music to SD card

I can't get Spotify to download music to my SD card and am running out of options. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify as well as deleting downloaded music and moving com.spotify.music folder from internal storage to SD card - this gives...

• I can't get Spotify to download music to my SD card and am running out of options. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify as well as deleting downloaded music and moving com.spotify.music f...
  • daisey
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen to certain songs

I can't listen to songs that i've been able to hear before. My husband can listen to these songs. I have spotify premium.

• I can't listen to songs that i've been able to hear before. My husband can listen to these songs. I have spotify premium.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App extremely glitchy

I'm really trying not to be impolite, but the spotify app has been a buggy mess since the last update. I have premium, and all of my songs are downloaded, but for some reason spotify randomly pauses my songs. I know it's not my connection, because I ...

• Music Fan
  • I'm really trying not to be impolite, but the spotify app has been a buggy mess since the last update. I have premium, and all of my songs are downloaded, but for some reason spotify randomly pauses ...
  • Tommaniacal
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to play certain Artists

Whenever i click on a song published by certain artists i am unable to play the songs. The bottom bar disappears and no music plays. When i go to artist page and click shuffle on tracks they are featured on play. These are all major artist such as Fu...

• Whenever i click on a song published by certain artists i am unable to play the songs. The bottom bar disappears and no music plays. When i go to artist page and click shuffle on tracks they are feat...
  • Ryan445
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage Issue

I was short on storage for an Android update, so instead of deleting some albums, I uninstalled the whole app. But then it just freed the amount of storage taken by the app itself, not the songs. I couldn't find the files to manually delete them. (Th...

• Casual Listener
  • I was short on storage for an Android update, so instead of deleting some albums, I uninstalled the whole app. But then it just freed the amount of storage taken by the app itself, not the ...
  • lucashlamy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Home Screen not loading

Hey everyone, So I got a new phone and ever since I started using the app on this phone, my Spotify home screen does not load and it is always showing this messsge - "Sorry, something went wrong. That didn't work. Please have another go." The rest of...

• Hey everyone,   So I got a new phone and ever since I started using the app on this phone, my Spotify home screen does not load and it is always showing this messsge - "Sorry, something went w...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Spotify resets phone and removes all downloads

On my android phone, I have about 1,300 songs saved. One day, spotify restarted my phone while I was listening to music and all my saved songs were gone, like someone went and manually unselected all my playlists' "download" button. This happened on ...

• On my android phone, I have about 1,300 songs saved.  One day, spotify restarted my phone while I was listening to music and all my saved songs were gone, like someone went and manually unselect...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Desktop
    Garbage
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant listen to or queue

This is my first month of premium and its OK. It just seems buggy. Some of my music doesnt download, and the main issue is, I cant get certain songs to play. Some songs cannot be put into queue at all it just states "this content cannot be put in que...

• This is my first month of premium and its OK. It just seems buggy. Some of my music doesnt download, and the main issue is, I cant get certain songs to play. Some songs cannot be put into queue at al...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Blank Playlist Cover art ..

So I was wondering if anyone is having this issue where all playlists are missing their cover art only while viewing them on public profiles.. My brothers and I have been having this issue for a long time now and it's rather annoying. I contacted spo...

• Casual Listener
  • So I was wondering if anyone is having this issue where all playlists are missing their cover art only while viewing them on public profiles..    My brothers and I have been having this i...
  • _lavender
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App stops mid-song/some songs not playing

Ever since the last update, I've had all songs by some artists (The Cars, for example) stop playing. Also, in the middle of a song, it will just stop (the song, not the app) and I'll have to switch to a different song to get the app to start working ...

• Ever since the last update, I've had all songs by some artists (The Cars, for example) stop playing. Also, in the middle of a song, it will just stop (the song, not the app) and I'll have to switch t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play Maroon 5 music.

I have followed playlists for the best of Maroon 5 and the only two songs that are able to play are the ones link to other artists as well. If I search Maroon 5 and just try playing a song on their profile it doesn't work either it says song unavaila...

• I have followed playlists for the best of Maroon 5 and the only two songs that are able to play are the ones link to other artists as well. If I search Maroon 5 and just try playing a song on their p...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't play specific artist

Hi, I'm unable to play any songs by Metallica on Android devices. I can see the catalogue but can't play any songs. I've tried reinstalling but to no avail. I'm running spotify v8.4.23.784 and android v8.0. Thanks.

• Hi, I'm unable to play any songs by Metallica on Android devices. I can see the catalogue but can't play any songs. I've tried reinstalling but to no avail. I'm running spotify v8.4.23.784 and androi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify logging out and wiping files when battery dies

Whenever the battery on my Moto G5 dies when I turn it back on it's logged me out and wiped everything. I try logging in but it tells me I must be connected and to go online. I try but it just keeps looping saying I need to connect. Tried it on numer...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever the battery on my Moto G5 dies when I turn it back on it's logged me out and wiped everything. I try logging in but it tells me I must be connected and to go online. I try but it just keeps ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • cache clearing
    cache problems
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded Music does not appear so / No Offline

On my Samsung Galaxy J3 I use the premium version. I have quite a bit of music downloaded. I recently had to soft reset my phone for a separate reason. When I rebooted it, I could no longer play music offline. Every song I had downloaded appears to b...

• On my Samsung Galaxy J3 I use the premium version. I have quite a bit of music downloaded. I recently had to soft reset my phone for a separate reason. When I rebooted it, I could no longer play musi...
  • coalminecanary
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Some music not playing

Hi there! I've been trying to listen to Justin Timberlake on both my android mobile device and on my windows laptop. However, none of songs seem to be working. It does seem to only be his songs however as everything else is working normally! I have s...

• Hi there! I've been trying to listen to Justin Timberlake on both my android mobile device and on my windows laptop. However, none of songs seem to be working. It does seem to only be his songs howev...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes