Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starting automatically

Spotify starts automatically on my mobile out of nowhere. I wouldn't even have it open nor am I listening to anything else. Please help, it's driving me crazy!

• Spotify starts automatically on my mobile out of nowhere. I wouldn't even have it open nor am I listening to anything else.   Please help, it's driving me crazy!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle only

I have premium and it all of a sudden will only let me do suffle... Why?

• I have premium and it all of a sudden will only let me do suffle... Why?
  • RussAwakuni
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Worst app on android

Spotify must have really skimped on coders. Worst UI, worst app Ive ever used on android. Whoever got paid to make this code should be ashamed

• Spotify must have really skimped on coders. Worst UI, worst app Ive ever used on android. Whoever got paid to make this code should be ashamed
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Downloaded playlists that update automatically / effect on song limit

I have several playlists downloaded that have 50-100 songs in them, and they are updated weekly or frequently. When the downloaded lists are updated with new songs, will my Android automatically download the new, updated list as Spotify updates it? I...

• I have several playlists downloaded that have 50-100 songs in them, and they are updated weekly or frequently. When the downloaded lists are updated with new songs, will my Android automatically down...
  • Shred00
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify Connect doesnt work anymore

Dear community,I really need your help.I used to have an iPhone 5 and connected it to a marantz SR 6007.Spotify connect worked perfectly fine.Now I got a Samsung galaxy s8.I just can't get it to work with the marantz receiver.I have the newest firmwa...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear community, I really need your help.I used to have an iPhone 5 and connected it to a marantz SR 6007.Spotify connect worked perfectly fine.Now I got a Samsung galaxy s8.I just can't get it to wo...
  • maartenspot
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! graphics android issue

I’m using a Samsung galaxy s8+ and the text on my app it’s blurred.Anyone knows how to fix it? Regards

• Regular
  • I’m using a Samsung galaxy s8+ and the text on my app it’s  blurred. Anyone knows how to fix it?   Regards 
  • alex_meneses
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Device

Ever since I added my Gear S3 as offline device, i seem to always loose 1 out of 3 avaialble devices. So, my ipad will say I have reached maximum number of oflline devices, i will check on offline device list and there's my gear s3 and android phone....

• Regular
  • Ever since I added my Gear S3 as offline device, i seem to always loose 1 out of 3 avaialble devices.  So, my ipad will say I have reached maximum number of oflline devices, i will check on off...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto Album Art

When using Spotify with Android Auto, the album art display on my Honda Accord (2016) does not show properly. It sometimes seems to work when the phone is first connected, but once the second track queues up it goes away. Any ideas?

• Visitor
  • When using Spotify with Android Auto, the album art display on my Honda Accord (2016) does not show properly.  It sometimes seems to work when the phone is first connected, but once the second t...
  • AKoenig
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Bluetooth Seat Easy Connect

Hello.I have a New Car (Seat Leon St Fr) with Seat Easy Connect. I can play my music over Bluetooth but i didnt See the tracks in my Boardcomputer. With Google Play I can See the tracks.How can i fix this?BR Philipp

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I have a New Car (Seat Leon St Fr) with Seat Easy Connect. I can play my music over Bluetooth but i didnt See the tracks in my Boardcomputer. With Google Play I can See the tracks. How can...
  • peppino_93
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

O download de musicas no cartão SD foi desabilitado?

Após atualização o spotify excluiu os meus downloads e quando fui baixar novamente percebi que deu notificação de memória interna cheia, após isso fui verificar e vi que não existe mais a opção de selecionar entre Memória interna e SD.

• Após atualização o spotify excluiu os meus downloads e quando fui baixar novamente percebi que deu notificação de memória interna cheia, após isso fui verificar e vi que não existe mais a opção de se...
  • Cafecomlivros
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • bug
    Sd
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Android Auto: list of voice commands needed

I'm using Spotify Premium on a Galaxy S7 Edge and have recently bought a car featuring Android Auto. I'm trying to find a list of commands that can be used to control Spotify through the car. There are several threads here in which users ask the same...

• Regular
  • I'm using Spotify Premium on a Galaxy S7 Edge and have recently bought a car featuring Android Auto. I'm trying to find a list of commands that can be used to control Spotify through the car.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • android auto
    voice commands
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Unable to pay certain songs on phones???

Why can't I listen to them on my phone????

Screenshot_20171102-022158.png
  • Casual Listener
  •   Why can't I listen to them on my phone????
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't update my playlist

I have two playlists, one with all my music and a second, smaller, one for my mobile phone. I added a few songs to both playlists, but the songs won't come up on the playlist for my phone. So I can't sync them and listen to them when I'm offline. Fun...

• Casual Listener
  • I have two playlists, one with all my music and a second, smaller, one for my mobile phone. I added a few songs to both playlists, but the songs won't come up on the playlist for my phone. So I can't...
  • disapppointed
  • Casual Listener
  • 29 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 2 likes

"Local files" songs stop playing after 1 second on phone only.

For some reason, a couple days ago, any songs that were originally "local files" from my computer will fade out after 1 second. The bar at the bottom still moves and if I start a song in the middle it picks up there (for 1 second). This doesn't occur...

• For some reason, a couple days ago, any songs that were originally "local files" from my computer will fade out after 1 second. The bar at the bottom still moves and if I start a song in the middle i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Minhas músicas apagadas do nada

Toda vez que eu renicio o celular minhas músicas são apagadas e tenho q baixar dnv, 3 vez já

• Casual Listener
  • Toda vez que eu renicio o celular minhas músicas são apagadas e tenho q baixar dnv, 3 vez já
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

streaming problems, choppy playback

I even switched my streaming to extreme quality and the breaks are shorter but the music is not playing smoothly. And it's a break every few seconds I wouldn't care if it was like once during the song. It's not my phone or my data. Everything played ...

• I even switched my streaming to extreme quality and the breaks are shorter but the music is not playing smoothly. And it's a break every few seconds I wouldn't care if it was like once during the son...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Random playlist

Hello everyone, I use Sleep as Android to wake up the morning. I set it to use Spotify playlist to wake me up. Problem: Once in a while, it doesn't use my latest playlist used but this stupid Eye of the Tiger playlist with 3 or 4 tracks. Everyone tha...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone,   I use Sleep as Android to wake up the morning. I set it to use Spotify playlist to wake me up.   Problem: Once in a while, it doesn't use my latest playlist used but t...
  • SpawN-
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm doesn't stay turned off

I recently switched from the the integrated scrobbler to a seperate app. The problem is that the switch controlling the integrated scrobbler keeps turning itself back on. I haven't quite found out how fast/when it turns itself on but most of the time...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently switched from the the integrated scrobbler to a seperate app.   The problem is that the switch controlling the integrated scrobbler keeps turning itself back on. I haven't quite fou...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

When in offline mode, unavailable songs still try to play...

I have been using spotify for a little over a year now.I have all the songs i want to work while in my car downloaded so that they are available offline.I put spotify into offline mode, then go to library, then songs and click "shuggle play" at the t...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using spotify for a little over a year now. I have all the songs i want to work while in my car downloaded so that they are available offline. I put spotify into offline mode, then go t...
  • jarodhamm
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes