Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't remove downloads

I want do change offline-playlists to online-playlists but when I turn the download button on off or try to click 'remove download' it is still there as a offline playlist..So I waste much of my memory for unwanted playlists..

• I want do change offline-playlists to online-playlists but when I turn the download button on off or try to click 'remove download' it is still there as a offline playlist.. So I waste much of my me...
  • MonicaM_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs downloading extremely slowly

I'm currently using Spotify 7.5.0.1076 on Android 7.1.1. I have Spotify premium and I've previously been able to download songs very quickly to my phone to play offline. However, for the past few weeks songs have been downloading extremely slowly. Fo...

• I'm currently using Spotify 7.5.0.1076 on Android 7.1.1. I have Spotify premium and I've previously been able to download songs very quickly to my phone to play offline. However, for the past few wee...
  • Jbeau72
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Al cambiar canciones descargadas spotify se queda pegado

Bueno principalmente lo del titulo, estoy escuchando canciones descargadas pero al cambiar las canciones se queda pegado un rato, como podria solucionar esto?? me pasa en mi android. When I Changing songs on my Android the Spotify player stops for a ...

• Bueno principalmente lo del titulo, estoy escuchando canciones descargadas pero al cambiar las canciones se queda pegado un rato, como podria solucionar esto?? me pasa en mi android.   When I ...
  • Erika
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Skipping songs in an album or playlist

I've owned spotify Premium for a year, but just recently it will randomly skip a song in an album, even if I have the album downloaded offline. I can go back and play the song, but it is annoying to have to keep checking my phone to make sure I'm not...

• Casual Listener
  • I've owned spotify Premium for a year, but just recently it will randomly skip a song in an album, even if I have the album downloaded offline. I can go back and play the song, but it is annoying to ...
  • Dtayl13
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

Songs not available on Android but are on Windows

I have created a playlist on Windows. When I open the playlist on Android, some songs are not available. If I search for the song on Android, the search cannot find the album, song or artist. On Windows it works fine. This makes no sense at all.An ex...

• Casual Listener
  • I have created a playlist on Windows.  When I open the playlist on Android, some songs are not available.  If I search for the song on Android, the search cannot find the album, song or art...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant control spotify from phone when using chromecast

My phone is a Sony xperia z5 updated to 6.01 and I just updated to the most recent version of Spotify. The problem I'm having is once I connect Spotify to chromecast I lose all controls. When I press anything such as shuffle on/off or next song it wi...

• My phone is a Sony xperia z5 updated to 6.01 and I just updated to the most recent version of Spotify. The problem I'm having is once I connect Spotify to chromecast I lose all controls. When I press...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

samsung note 3 stuck in offline mode

i have a samsung note 3. I went offline with the device. I am unable to get back online . my screen says "you're offline." "please connect to the unternet and try again" "spotify is currently set to offline " this problem has persisted for weeks and ...

• Casual Listener
  • i have a samsung note 3. I went offline with the device. I am unable to get back online . my screen says "you're offline." "please connect to the unternet and try again" "spotify is currently set to ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Pitch slow p9 lite

In my p9 lite downloaded music is played with a slow pitch, the difference is minimal, but if you pay attention you can notice it.It does not happen with stream songs.I have no equalizer in the system and I have disabled automatic gain control...

• Casual Listener
  • In my p9 lite downloaded music is played with a slow pitch, the difference is minimal, but if you pay attention you can notice it. It does not happen with stream songs. I have no equalizer in the s...
  • spinus1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Starting Playback on PC startes playback on mobile too

When Spotify is used last on my Android mobile device and I start it on PC, select a track and press play the music starts both on my PC and my mobile device. I haven't intentionally activated Spotify Connect. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • When Spotify is used last on my Android mobile device and I start it on PC, select a track and press play the music starts both on my PC and my mobile device.   I haven't intentionally activat...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify jumping songs when being paused

When playing an album and the music is paused I expect that Spotify just keep on and play the rest of the album when I push play again but instead Spotify jumps over the song that follows the one that was played when I did push pause. For example if ...

• Casual Listener
  • When playing an album and the music is paused I expect that Spotify just keep on and play the rest of the album when I push play again but instead Spotify jumps over the song that follows the one tha...
  • Quoman
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing Country on a daily base

Hi,Can I change the country on a daily base with spotify? I read I need to change every time the payment condidtion for this, but what when I do this on a daily base? This is not a solution for people they live close to a border and working the count...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Can I change the country on a daily base with spotify? I read I need to change every time the payment condidtion for this, but what when I do this on a daily base? This is not a solution for peo...
  • phfran
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Running playlist doesn't work

I tried to use Running for the first time. I chose running playlist, it detected my pace but then nothing happened, I got back to playlist selection.I have Lenovo P2. I restarted the phone and reinstalled Spotify. Can you help?

• Casual Listener
  • I tried to use Running for the first time. I chose running playlist, it detected my pace but then nothing happened, I got back to playlist selection. I have Lenovo P2. I restarted the phone and rein...
  • TimmiOlihen
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Musica en pausa

Cada vez que salgo de la aplicación en mi celular, la canción deja de reproducir. Hasta que regreso a la app vuelve a reproducir y pasa 3 a 4 veces por canción.Como puedo arreglarlo??

• Cada vez que salgo de la aplicación en mi celular, la canción deja de reproducir. Hasta que regreso a la app vuelve a reproducir y pasa 3 a 4 veces por canción. Como puedo arreglarlo??
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

30 minutes as free never works

Any time I watch an ad (any ad) which says I will then enjoy thirty minutes of as free music, I usually enjoy between 10-20 minutes before the next one pops up. I've counted. Multiple times. Is this a glitch or are you just hoping we won't notice?

• Any time I watch an ad (any ad) which says I will then enjoy thirty minutes of as free music, I usually enjoy between 10-20 minutes before the next one pops up. I've counted. Multiple times. Is this ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search function not working in android app

I can type in something but when I press enter or the search button nothing happens.

• Casual Listener
  • I can type in something but when I press enter or the search button nothing happens.
  • kirashi
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Top Issue with Bluetooth and Android (and the solution)

- Open any media application (e.g. Google Music or Radiosnet) - I use to stream radio during my breakfast at home- Go to your car and launch Spotify- Leave your car and go do something else (e.g. work in the office)- Return back to the car by the end...

• - Open any media application (e.g. Google Music or Radiosnet) - I use to stream radio during my breakfast at home - Go to your car and launch Spotify - Leave your car and go do something else ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

streaming quality for capped data plans

All the other known streaming apps have this feature. Spotify should have different settings for cellular and wifi and automatically switch from one streaming setting to another when the data switches from cellular to wifi and viceversa. Automatic op...

• Casual Listener
  • All the other known streaming apps have this feature. Spotify should have different settings for cellular and wifi and automatically switch from one streaming setting to another when the data switche...
  • andrejjorje
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes