Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[bug] swiping Spotify from recent apps changes song

[bug] swiping Spotify from recent apps changes song

As a free user on mobile, I accidentally swiped Spotify from my recent apps, stopping the music. When I went back into the app, I noticed that the song had switched to a new one and started in the middle instead of the beginning. Nothing bad happened, but I realized that exploiting this bug could sort of create unlimited skips for free users.
4 Replies

Does it happen all of the time?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I just barely discovered it, but it happens every time I try it

Can you tell me why the Spotify App (Android) stops when I clear it from my Recent Apps? Is there a possibility to disable this? It really bugs me because I clear my Recent Apps a lot (all the recent apps at once) without thinking.

@Buijsman95 wrote:

Can you tell me why the Spotify App (Android) stops when I clear it from my Recent Apps? Is there a possibility to disable this? It really bugs me because I clear my Recent Apps a lot (all the recent apps at once) without thinking.

Don't forget you are opening recent and running apps. So in closing Spotify while it is playing you are ending the process. Generally speaking you should just let Android manage the running processes automatically. 

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts