Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

external sd card

Solved!

external sd card

I read threads below, but cannot find the solution on using the external sd card. Should I reinstall Spotify with card mounted or just delete all data and make the first downloading with the card mounted?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there. Thanks 4 queston.

You can reinstall app, plug in sd card and install Spotify. it will automatically install itself to external sd card.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Restart Spotify, should be ok then.

Marked as solution

This is not possible to show library or playlist in car streo. Only Bluetooth metadata over AVRCP (artist, song, album).

Have a nice time 🙂 And ask any questions, if you have in future, here to help.

22 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there. Thanks 4 queston.

You can reinstall app, plug in sd card and install Spotify. it will automatically install itself to external sd card.

Have a nice day.

It works. Thanks. Only all the downloads again....

Problem. The playlist has been dowloaded, but remains on the undwnloaded list.
Marked as solution

Restart Spotify, should be ok then.

It works. Thanks. Just one last question. For today.:) Streaming via bluetooth in the car it shows name of artist, cd and song, sometimes (?) length of the track. There is no library of playlists? Got Android 4.4. Htc compatible with car stereo.
Marked as solution

This is not possible to show library or playlist in car streo. Only Bluetooth metadata over AVRCP (artist, song, album).

Have a nice time 🙂 And ask any questions, if you have in future, here to help.

Thanks

Hi again. Somethings wrong. I downloaded couple of playlists successfully on sd card. Everything seemed to be fine. Now today I cannot store on card any photo or cannot open Spotify, as it writes "to check if the card is working and there is no free space more". I checked storage manager and it shows that card is empty, only some photos, no sign of any Spotify data n disappeared. I remounted card, restarted mobile. Nothing..

I formatted the card and then reinstalled Spotify. It is downloaded in internal storage, not on ext card, thou the settings in storage manager are ok, as before.

Same problem in other micro sd card? Sounds like card error for me.

Hi.
I am sorry not. Pictures are downloaded on the card. Card appears with data used in storage manager. We tried other card as well Spotify always appears on int storage. I restarted mobile formatted card again, reinstalled Spotify.... Checking the settings of storage... All the time the same result. I already do not know what else. Maybe some screwup 4.4 - sd card...

Sorry, I meant camera pictures. Just found out, That any download from inet gora to int memory. Though it shortly ran yesterday, now it seems, ot is not possible to download whatever from inet.

Hi. Can you help? No way to download app on ext sd and any inet download either.

Exactly what device and android version are you using?

I can't reproduce your issue on my Samsung S 4 Mini with Android 3.2 and Samsung 2GB micro-sd Card.

Can you tell your OS and phone?

Sorry. Htc buttterfly s, A 4.4.

Thanks.

I have now escalated this to right team. As i said, I can't reproduce issue on my Android 4.2. Maybe this is bug in KitKat compatiblity.

I am afraid... Let me know pls. I guess A 44 is different issue of w 8.

This is now escalated to Android team. Hopefully solution follow 🙂

Suggested posts