[Queue] Shuffle queued Tracks

It would be useful if the shuffle button would also changed the order of queued songs too.

I like to randomly add songs/albums to a playlist of songs I want to hear now but it's annoying shuffle is ignored when you add songs in this manner and having to create a playlist just to shuffel negates the point of a queue system.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
modo_slapshot

I too miss the possibility to play streaming music in shuffle mode from queue. Please fix!

tchen79

Agree with Scott!  Queue == Playlist.

The play queue should not be treated any differently than a temporary playlist.  Random feature should work ALL of the time. Same goes for repeat.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

user-removed
Not applicable

So this idea was sugest more than a year ago, and i'm still wondering why random/shuffle does not work with queue already. :/

gabrielvdk

+1

nikobe
Casual Listener

Boggles why this doesn't work, why would shuffle be a dead button while playing the queue

petergibbons

+1 This should be a standard feature. 

matijnweren

Really miss this too.

vanMartijn

+1 please

This can't be that hard to integrate

kimbiep

+1, agreed! This is driving me crazy and would be a very useful feature as I often use the queue to listen to new music before organizing it into appropriate playlists.