Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BUG] When shuffle is enabled, wrong music is highlighted when clicking the song display image.

Solved!

[BUG] When shuffle is enabled, wrong music is highlighted when clicking the song display image.

Device

Macbook Pro 15 inch 2019

Operating System

MacOS 10.15.5

Spotify Version

1.1.33.569.gced9e0f5

If shuffle is enabled, the wrong music in the list is highlighted when clicking the song image.

Shuffle Enabled (highlighted the currently playing song)

AcidSlide_1-1590793432362.png

Now clicking this, should take you to the currently playing song, right??

AcidSlide_2-1590793527856.png

But after clicking this, this happens... (a different song is highlighted)

AcidSlide_3-1590793608311.png

Below is a screen recording as proof.

https://streamable.com/mg9pne

I was actually trying to attach the video file which is .mp4 format and is around 1MB only. But I guess this might be another bug.

AcidSlide_0-1590794488597.png

AcidSlide_1-1590794525833.png

[UPDATE #1]

I thought I found the bug, but it's only to certain custom playlist.  I'll update again once I found the pattern.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for getting back to us @AcidSlide!

It's possible that this is a temporary error with the app since you mention it's not consistent.

In case you notice this is happening to other playlists, feel free to let us know and we'll take a closer look. We need as much info as possible to be able report this.

It'll also help us if you let us know if you experience this on different networks.

Keep us in the loop!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey there @AcidSlide!

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. We'll be happy to investigate further 🔍

Could you try logging out > restarting your computer > logging back in to see if that makes any difference for you?

If you still experience this, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here. Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

If a family member or a friend has a Spotify account, it could also be a good idea to ask them to log in on your device to see if the app behaves the same way on a different account.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator

I haven't really gotten back at looking where the issue is coming from. But based on more test the other day, it is only happening to some playlist (even playlist by Spotify). And somehow was able to replicate it on a 2nd mac using a different account.

I might be able to do some more test tonight or tomorrow.

Ok I did a very quick check and test (using Spotify playlists)...

This playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DXdxcBWuJkbcy?si=GxMJKwEPTHGTvzJ8BtbF9Q

I was able to replicate the issue on 2 different Macs with very different OS version, using 2 different spotify account.

Now using this playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DXcBWIGoYBM5M?si=2nYq7rBsTTGkfXDPsPWqlg

The issue only was apparent on the first mac, no issue on the 2nd mac.  But after a while (switching playlist), on the 2nd or 3rd test "Today's Top Hits" (on the first mac), the issue went away.

Went back to the "Motivation Mix" (on both Macs), and issue still persisted.

So based on the first playlist, it's an apparent issue. But can't find why the 2nd playlist showed the issue only at first but went away.

Marked as solution

Thanks for getting back to us @AcidSlide!

It's possible that this is a temporary error with the app since you mention it's not consistent.

In case you notice this is happening to other playlists, feel free to let us know and we'll take a closer look. We need as much info as possible to be able report this.

It'll also help us if you let us know if you experience this on different networks.

Keep us in the loop!

ElenaModerator

Hi @Elena,

Well so far it's very consistent with the "Motivation Mix": https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DXdxcBWuJkbcy

Whichever mac laptop I use or spotify account, the "Motivation Mix" has consistently shown the issue.

Maybe you can check it initially with that playlist?

Regards

I found another playlist by chance with the same issue:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DXaXB8fQg7xif?si=g6A_Kzu4SJOovAPPuLjhfg

Suggested posts