Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mac] Spotify crashes on launch - macOS 10.14 Mojave Beta 1

Solved!

[Mac] Spotify crashes on launch - macOS 10.14 Mojave Beta 1

Spotify Mac app is crashing on launch. I tried reinstalling it which allowed it to open, but as soon as I tried to play anything it crashed then continued to crash any subsequent launch. I hope this is a quick fix as I can't listen to music at work now!

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Apple MacBook Pro Retina (Mid 2015)

Operating System

macOS 10.14 Mojave Beta 1

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Solved!

If you go to System Preferences->Security/Privacy->Privacy->Accessibility->Unlock->Plus sign->Applications->Spotify->Done, this will allow it to work

Note that I also had BarRemote (mac app store) installed, and you need to force quit that from Activity Monitor otherwise it will crash spotify

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks for those suggestions!

Turns out I had a similar situation as you. I have a program called SpotMenu installed to show what I'm listening to in the menu bar. Quitting this solved the issue!

View solution in original post

31 Replies

I'm also having the same issue, in the meantime, I have been using the web player.

i have the same problem on macbook air 2014

Ditto. Its broke.

i got it working on Mojave Beta 1, but it asks for Microphone Permission in the new Privacy settings. It was force closing because it had not been granted permissions. For some reason it is asking for microphone permissions in order to playback audio. When enabled it plays music, when disabled, it cannot play song.

It's a Beta so things won't work as they should. Don't expect that. 

I have plenty issues with many apps in iOS 12 so it's something expected.

Use the web version from now on until a new update from Spotify might address that.

SAME and isss verrrryyy annnnoyingggg plsss spotify fix it

@zeus2366 wrote:

i got it working on Mojave Beta 1, but it asks for Microphone Permission in the new Privacy settings. It was force closing because it had not been granted permissions. For some reason it is asking for microphone permissions in order to playback audio. When enabled it plays music, when disabled, it cannot play song.

how did u get it to work pls its so annoying

Ditto from me, I've checked under Privacy > Microphone and Spotify doesn't appear in the list.

Oh don't get me wrong, I was prepared for this sort of thing when I installed the beta. Been a developer for many years so I'm well aware of the issues new OS versions can cause inadvertantly.

I also expected something to go wrong and not upset that it doesn't work but would love to find a workaround. I also didn't find Spotify in the microphone section in system preferences... 

Add Psotify to the Application Data List and it works.

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 6.02.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 6.03.24 PM.png

This solution did not work for me.

Spotify put an update out today that fixed my issue. I did a direct download from Spotify and all seems to be working now!

spoke to soon it is not working 😞

This is also did not work for me 😞

Mojave is still in beta, isn't it? So why don't you report the issue to Apple instead?

Filip

Yes, Mojave is still in beta. Even so, the responsibility for fixing this lies with Spotify, not Apple.

My guess is most of those on this thread are probably Apple Developers anyway, it is our responsibility to make sure our apps are ready for the new releases ahead of their public release. This is why betas exist, so Spotify have time to address the issue.

It is in Beta and yes they do exist for DEVELOPERS TO HELP MAKE THE OS MORE USABLE FOR THE OTHERS!

You speak with great words for someone who knows little to nothing about the issue in hand. It's totally the opposite, most here do different things and "most" aren't working for Apple.

We know Spotify should fix the issues in hand, but it's not their fault that you are upgrading to a BETA software and expect for things to work flawlessly for you! They both warn users for BETA and one shouldn't use a BETA on it's daily driver and whine later that things aren't working.

In case you didn't know Spotify has a BETA program for their apps so you might sign up there if you want. They are testing things there before they get to you and everyone else.

It is up to both Apple and Spotify to fix it not just one of them and with 7 or 8 other updates it is a bit hard to address any freakin' issue that will come down the road from each BETA.

We are just reporting an issue we are experiencing in beta no need to be rude. We are aware that by having a beta it will crash and might not work. This thread isn't us complaining but more so trying to find a solution. 

Be nice, not rude. 

Suggested posts