Simplified Chinese language option

Simplified Chinese language option

Plan  - Premium

Country - China

Device - MacBook Air M1

Operating System - MacOS 11.2.2

My Question or Issue

Hi there,

I'm happy to know that iOS app supports Simplified Chinese. When will it be available for MacOS Spotify? Thanks

2 Replies

Hey @chengyingjia,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We don't have any official information currently on whether Simplified Chinese will be added to the language selection for the Desktop app.

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @chengyingjia 

In the news article here it mentions that Simplified Chinese language support is available in the web player:

Spotify Is Rolling Out 36 New Languages on Mobile 

It was also just announced in this news article here that a new desktop app is rolling out that shares the same infrastructure as the web player. So there is a good chance that the new desktop app also has Simplified Chinese language support. Keep a look out.

Introducing a New Spotify Experience Across Desktop App and Web Player 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts