Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

"Discover Weekly" and "Release Radar" are broken

My Discover Weekly playlist keeps showing me artists I already follow/I already liked songs of, and my Release Radar keeps showing me artists that I have expressed I have no interest in MULTIPLE TIMES, by clicking on the "Don't Like" icon. It's been ...

• Casual Listener
  • My Discover Weekly playlist keeps showing me artists I already follow/I already liked songs of, and my Release Radar keeps showing me artists that I have expressed I have no interest in MULTIPLE TIME...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • broken
    Discover Weekly
    Release Radar
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify Program Shuffle & Rewind system

Hello,I will tell you a few things that bothers me in the process of using Spotify generally. First, Spotify is playing my last music of my playlist. after it finished, Spotify continues to play other recommended musics. it is okey but when i push th...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I will tell you a few things that bothers me in the process of using Spotify generally.   First, Spotify is playing my last music of my playlist. after it finished, Spotify continues t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth
    Play Button
    rewinding
    Spotify General
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Slooooooow on iMac ... zzzzzzz

PlanPremiumCountry NetherlandsDeviceApple iMacOperating SystemMacOS 12 Mojave (and all previous versions) My Question or IssueSpotify is, as one of the few apps on my iMac, very, VERY slow. While looking in this community I found a couple of posts wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Netherlands Device Apple iMac Operating System MacOS 12 Mojave (and all previous versions)   My Question or Issue Spotify is, as one of the few apps on my iM...
  • Elcompadrito
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Airplay keeps setting volume to max.

PlanFreeCountryAustralia Device(Macbook Pro 15 inch Mid-2015)Operating System(Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3) My Question or IssueI use Airplay with Spotify on Mac. Whenever an ad comes on it lags and then sets my speaker volume to maximum. It has frightene...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Australia   Device (Macbook Pro 15 inch Mid-2015) Operating System (Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3)   My Question or Issue I use Airplay with Spotify on Mac. Whenever ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Hide This Song not working in playlist radio

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceMacbook Pro Early 2015Operating SystemMacOS My Question or IssuePressing Hide This Song not working in playlist radio does nothing.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Macbook Pro Early 2015 Operating System MacOS   My Question or Issue Pressing Hide This Song not working in playlist radio does nothing.
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

AppleScript is broken when using Spotify Connect

The macOS desktop client supports scripting via AppleScript. A recent update has broken it when Spotify is playing via Spotify Connect. This is an issue for people using scripting to help with accessibility, and for people how rely on scripting for a...

• Casual Listener
  • The macOS desktop client supports scripting via AppleScript. A recent update has broken it when Spotify is playing via Spotify Connect.   This is an issue for people using scripting to help wi...
  • Masterbas
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Casting to Chromecast Audio

I usually use Spotify on my phone, however I decided to download the app onto my MacBook Pro. I have several google home's and a chrome cast audio, and I usually just start the music and then cast to one of these devices. However, when I go to the ca...

• Visitor
  • I usually use Spotify on my phone, however I decided to download the app onto my MacBook Pro. I have several google home's and a chrome cast audio, and I usually just start the music and then cast to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist pane doesn't simultaneously display "downloaded" & "playing" icons

Plan: PremiumCountry: U.S.A. Device: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)Operating System: OS X 10.14.3 Mojave What I'm seeing: When I'm playing music from a playlist, the "playing" icon () is displayed next to the playlist's name in the playlist pane. When I...

• Music Fan
  • Plan: Premium Country: U.S.A.   Device: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) Operating System: OS X 10.14.3 Mojave   What I'm seeing: When I'm playing music from a playlist, the...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] "can't play the current song" appears on every song

You know the whole "can't play the current song" thing? Well. After shutting down my MacBook Air 2013... and turning it back on again. It's started appearing on every and any song I play. I have tried most if not all solutions and still nothing. Can'...

• Gig Goer
  • You know the whole "can't play the current song" thing? Well. After shutting down my MacBook Air 2013... and turning it back on again. It's started appearing on every and any song I play.   I ...
  • Cloud1
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Macbook connect to TEAC ud-501 DAC

PlanFree/PremiumCountryHong KongDevice:Macbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemEl Capitan 10.11My Question or IssueSpotify songs could not play on my stereo system when connect my Macbook through TEAC UD-501 DAC. The sound keeps appearing on my Macbook ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Hong Kong Device: Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System El Capitan 10.11 My Question or Issue Spotify songs could not play on my stereo system when connect my Macb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify muting and skipping tracks

Hey guys,My spotify app on my desktop keeps muting itself and skipping tracks. Premium for StudentsUSA DeviceMacbook OS Catalina Version 10.15.2 My Question or Issue

• Hey guys, My spotify app on my desktop keeps muting itself and skipping tracks.    Premium for Students USA   Device Macbook OS Catalina Version 10.15.2     My Ques...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The beginning of a songs starts low.

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDevice(Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10,) My Question or Issue At the beginning of each song that I play the volume starts low and them increases back to normal 1/2 seconds later. It's really annoying, I tried t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device (Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10,)     My Question or Issue   At the beginning of each song that I play the volume star...
  • xpinarellax
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't play the current song

Hi, I've got a Premium account and the desktop app on MacOS Mojave. The app has been behaving erratically. I would listen to music, pause, go back to play again and it'd keep saying can't play the current song. I removed the old app and installed the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've got a Premium account and the desktop app on MacOS Mojave. The app has been behaving erratically. I would listen to music, pause, go back to play again and it'd keep saying can't pl...
  • haphazardeous
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Configure Sculpt keyboard for Spotify

Hi guys,I started using Microsoft Sculpt keyboard with my Macbook Air. The keyboard is fantastic but, by default, it's missing the crucial keys I use with Spotify - Next & Previous. I tried configuring it in Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> App Shortcuts and...

• Regular
  • Hi guys, I started using Microsoft Sculpt keyboard with my Macbook Air. The keyboard is fantastic but, by default, it's missing the crucial keys I use with Spotify - Next & Previous.  &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution bug on spotify

My Question or Issueif I'm listening to a playlistand filtering the playlist so that the first song added to the playlist is at the top of the list, and listening without shuffle,while the music is playing, and you click on the image of the album, it...

• Visitor
  •   My Question or Issue if I'm listening to a playlist and filtering the playlist so that the first song added to the playlist is at the top of the list, and listening without shuffle, while ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlist is now alphabetical and i don't know how to make it stop

My playlist is now sorted alphabetically, any guess as to why? I have lived with not being able to have my playlist in any other order then when i added a song for so long, this is not ideal either. Anyone having this issue?PlanFree/PremiumCountry De...

• My playlist is now sorted alphabetically, any guess as to why? I have lived with not being able to have my playlist in any other order then when i added a song for so long, this is not ideal either. ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify for artists - Creating new playlist with my newer releases

In the middle of getting my Spotify artist page in order, when I open my page I see a playlist which is old. It features all music I created or was a part of creating. I have some newer material added to Spotify within the last 4 - 5months and want t...

• Visitor
  • In the middle of getting my Spotify artist page in order, when I open my page I see a playlist which is old. It features all music I created or was a part of creating. I have some newer material adde...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing local Fies on phone not working / Lokale Dateien laden nicht auf's Handy

PlanPremiumCountryGermany Device(iPhone 6s, MacBookAir8,2)Operating System(iOS 10, MacOS 10.15.3) My Question or Issue (ENG) I have a local music file on my Mac, that I would like to download to my phone. Both devices are in the same WiFi. The option...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device (iPhone 6s, MacBookAir8,2) Operating System (iOS 10, MacOS 10.15.3)   My Question or Issue   (ENG) I have a local music file...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • apple
    Datei
    Hilfe
    iOS
    Lokal
    macbook
    Synchronisieren
    Technik
    wlan
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Red Hot Chill Peppers Plays second, no matter what I select

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiMacOperating SystemMac OS 15 My Question or IssueI've had an onrunning issue with Spotify on my Mac Desktop. No matter what playlist or choice of songs I select, Spotify will play - The first song on the playlist- I Could D...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iMac Operating System Mac OS 15   My Question or Issue I've had an onrunning issue with Spotify on my Mac Desktop. No matter what playlist or choice of s...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to unlike song (greyed out)

PlanPremiumCountryThe Netherlands DeviceMacbook Pro 2018Operating System10.15.2 My Question or IssueI'm unable to unlike a song which is greyed out. It's not visible on mobile or within the web player, however it stays visible in the desktop app. If ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands   Device Macbook Pro 2018 Operating System 10.15.2   My Question or Issue I'm unable to unlike a song which is greyed out. It's not visible o...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes