Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! Can't hear song

FreeUSADevice-MacbookWhenever I try to listen to a song it starts to play and i can see the timer moving but I can't hear anything. I have made sure that my volume is up and if i go to YouTube I can listen to the song just fine. I have restarted the ...

• Visitor
  • Free USA Device- Macbook Whenever I try to listen to a song it starts to play and i can see the timer moving but I can't hear anything.  I have made sure that my volume is up and if i go to ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't install newest update

Yesterday, my spotify was working perfectly. It told me to download the new update, and when I did, the install window has been stuck like this for hours. This is now my 5th time trying to install the new update. Any ideas? Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 12.52.53 AM.png
  • Visitor
  • Yesterday, my spotify was working perfectly. It told me to download the new update, and when I did, the install window has been stuck like this for hours. This is now my 5th time trying to install th...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts on desktop

How come you can't mark a podcast episode as played on the desktop app. I can mark it played on my phone. Speaking of podcasts on the phone… How come it doesn't remember how I want my podcasts sorted? I always have to select it again that I want it s...

• Visitor
  • How come you can't mark a podcast episode as played on the desktop app. I can mark it played on my phone. Speaking of podcasts on the phone… How come it doesn't remember how I want my podcasts sorted...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • desktop podcast
    E-mail Notifications
    Functions
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Prohibit 1 user in a public playlist

We have a public playlist with a group of friends.There's 1 guy who's taste in music (not only in music, aswel in clothes) is absolutely horrifying. We want him to allow to listen to our music, but forbid him to add songs. Is this possible? This is a...

• Visitor
  • We have a public playlist with a group of friends. There's 1 guy who's taste in music (not only in music, aswel in clothes) is absolutely horrifying.   We want him to allow to listen to our m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Dektop app moving with spaces

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceMacBook Pro 2016Operating SystemMacOS Catalina My Question or IssueHi, I could not find an existing post with this problem:Spotify is always open on all Spaces (Desktops) in MacOS.I'm switching between 3 Desktops on MacO...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device MacBook Pro 2016 Operating System MacOS Catalina   My Question or Issue Hi,   I could not find an existing post with this problem: Spoti...
  • BigLebowsky
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Automatically mutes, changes song, and switches to shuffle

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMacbook Pro mid 2014Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueUsing the desktop application, I have a single song playing on repeat. Without warning and in the middle of the song, the player automatically mutes, changes t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device Macbook Pro mid 2014 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue Using the desktop application, I have a single song playing on repeat. Without...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playlist URI not valid

Hey all. I'm trying to post a playlist on playlist exchange and the URI for all of my playlists keeps coming back as invalid. I'm just copying the link directly from the desktop application that says Spotify URI. Am I missing something?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all. I'm trying to post a playlist on playlist exchange and the URI for all of my playlists keeps coming back as invalid.   I'm just copying the link directly from the desktop application ...
  • Msbtwmg
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution After pausing Spotify, the song is playing but I can't hear it

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceMacBook Air 2019Operating SystemmacOS Catalina 10.15.2 My Question or IssueWhen I start Spotify, I can play every song and it works perfectly. But after pausing, doing something else, play a YouTube video for ex...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device MacBook Air 2019 Operating System macOS Catalina 10.15.2   My Question or Issue When I start Spotify, I can play every song and it works per...
  • michaschoen17
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Local files can't be linked properly

I imported playlists to Spotify from iTunes on iPhone.Imported playlists can be played normally on iPhone, but some can't be played on Mac.Music that can't be played normally is displayed like this: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the...

• I imported playlists to Spotify from iTunes on iPhone. Imported playlists can be played normally on iPhone, but some can't be played on Mac. Music that can't be played normally is displayed like th...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Mac Desktop Daily Mix dislike button not there!

Plan: PremiumCountry: UK DeviceMacbook Pro (newish)Operating System(iOS 10ish maybe) My Question or Issue On my iphone using daily mixes there is a heart (like button) on the left of the pause buttons and on the right there is a dislike button - as s...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: UK   Device Macbook Pro (newish) Operating System (iOS 10ish maybe)   My Question or Issue   On my iphone using daily mixes there is a heart (like...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Daily Mixes
    Desktop Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs won’t play at all

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueThe problems with my Spotify app started when I wasn’t able to connect my devices or play any new or recent music, now it won’t play any song I select and some of my playlis...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device Macbook Pro Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue The problems with my Spotify app started when I wasn’t able to connect my devices or play...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend activity stopped suddenly working, only shows 'find friends' option

PremiumCountry UK DeviceMacbook Air late 2015Operating SystemMAC OS version 10.14.16 MOjave Friend activity working normally until suddenly only displayed find friends option Have tried the following:Total Mac system update Restart Delete and reinsta...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Country UK   Device Macbook Air late 2015 Operating System MAC OS version 10.14.16 MOjave    Friend activity working normally until suddenly only displayed find fr...
  • br6_i6s-pdsjm
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Find friends
    Friend Activity
    Mac Desktop
    Mac Desktop App
    stopped working
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution ZIP-DOWNLOAD: Young Nudy - ANYWAYS [ALBUM] MP3

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Avoid promoting unauthorized links to music on channels other than Spotify". For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Must...

• Spotify Legend
  • This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Avoid promoting unauthorized links to music on channels other than Spotify". For more information please read her...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Suggestion: Re-Link Missing Songs

I'll start out by saying I understand that music comes and goes on streaming platforms, but I like that Spotify still leaves a space for the missing song, whether it's on streaming or local; this is a huge advantage to YouTube where a song will disap...

• Casual Listener
  • I'll start out by saying I understand that music comes and goes on streaming platforms, but I like that Spotify still leaves a space for the missing song, whether it's on streaming or local; this is ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Quitting Spotify during playback hangs Spotify after the main window closes, until force-quit

Plan - PremiumCountry - NL Device - MacPro 6.1Operating System macOS 10.14.6 (18G2022) When Spotify has been playing for some time (say 10 minutes) quitting it hangs it. It can only be force-quit. Every time I need to quit Spotify I have to force-qui...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - Premium Country - NL   Device - MacPro 6.1 Operating System macOS 10.14.6 (18G2022)   When Spotify has been playing for some time (say 10 minutes) quitting it hangs i...
  • julikt
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Macbook Pro vs bluetooth headset problem.

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevice(Macbook Pro 2018 13")Operating System(MacOs 10.15.3.) My Question or Issue I am having problem with spotify and bluetooth headset, my headset randomly stops playing sound whole system wide, but it is still connected and...

• Plan Premium Country Turkey Device (Macbook Pro 2018 13") Operating System (MacOs 10.15.3.)   My Question or Issue   I am having problem with spotify and bluetooth headset, my he...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify URI not valid

Hello, I can't seem to share my link on exchange playlist. It keeps on giving me an error. spotify:playlist:3Sr5cpruyeppjxaGRSgPlCPlan PremiumCountry Belgium Device Macbook Air 2017(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System I...

• Regular
  • Hello, I can't seem to share my link on exchange playlist. It keeps on giving me an error.    spotify:playlist:3Sr5cpruyeppjxaGRSgPlC Plan Premium Country Belgium   Device M...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops before an ad

Plan- Free Country- Canada Device- MacBook Air Operating System- IOS Hi, it's normal to see an ad after every 3-4 songs but for the past month, my Spotify stops after playing a song and then goes to an ad but it never actually plays the ad. it gets s...

• Visitor
  • Plan - Free   Country - Canada   Device - MacBook Air   Operating System - IOS   Hi, it's normal to see an ad after every 3-4 songs but for the past month, my Spot...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Artist Page Blank on Mac..OK on Android Any Ideas please ?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes