Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Version 1.1.25 is not compatible with Mac OSX 10.11

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceiMac Core 2 DuoOperating SystemMac OS X 10.11.5 My Question or IssueI updated with new version, downloaded with full installer on dmg.Checking with Deltawalker that there are differences in Spotify Helper frameworks, whic...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device iMac Core 2 Duo Operating System Mac OS X 10.11.5   My Question or Issue I updated with new version, downloaded with full installer on dmg. Checking ...
  • MacTerrassa
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search window on my Macbook puts letters as a mirror image when typing

PlanPremiumCountrySweden/ FinlandDeviceMacBook ProOperating SystemmacOS Mojave version 10.4.6 My Question or IssueSearch window on my Macbook puts letters as a mirror image when typing. It usually happens a few times in a row but after trying to 2-5 ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden/ Finland Device MacBook Pro Operating System macOS Mojave version 10.4.6   My Question or Issue Search window on my Macbook puts letters as a mirror...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution remove unwanted artists from radio/release radar, "discover" playlists

recently my mothers iPad broke and I gave her mine until she git her new one. During that time she used Spotify Premium on my iPad and listened to a whole bunch of horrible music (read: music that´s not even close to what I like) and this totally mes...

• Casual Listener
  • recently my mothers iPad broke and I gave her mine until she git her new one. During that time she used Spotify Premium on my iPad and listened to a whole bunch of horrible music (read: music that´s ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 28 replies
  • 19 likes
  • Mac
  • 28 replies
  • 19 likes

How stupid can you get?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue After two years I've closed my premium account in Spotify and won't return because I refuse ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   ...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Bug] Playlist description text is not saved

Operating SystemmacOS Catalina 10.15.2 My Question or IssueI had one playlist whose description I was trying to change. I changed the text, saved, the description changed, but when I changed to another playlist and back, the old description was there...

• Casual Listener
  • Operating System macOS Catalina 10.15.2   My Question or Issue I had one playlist whose description I was trying to change. I changed the text, saved, the description changed, but when I cha...
  • some-1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Description
    playlist description
    saving
    saving problem
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Keeps playing Xmas music....

Hi - I play a new playlist and then as soon as it goes to the next song, it goes back to a Xmas pop playlist and it's driving me crazy. It's like it's stuck on that playlist. On my phone, I uninstalled the app and re-installed it again and it seemed ...

• Hi - I play a new playlist and then as soon as it goes to the next song, it goes back to a Xmas pop playlist and it's driving me crazy. It's like it's stuck on that playlist. On my phone, I uninstall...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

A specific ad keeps freezing

I'm listening on my Macbook Pro, macOS Catalina 10.15.2 with a recently updated Spotify app. My issue was occurring before and is continuing to occur after updating.My account is Free, in the USA. My Question or IssueA specific ad freezes every time ...

• Visitor
  • I'm listening on my Macbook Pro, macOS Catalina 10.15.2 with a recently updated Spotify app. My issue was occurring before and is continuing to occur after updating. My account is Free, in the USA. ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Need help with which version of Spotify for Mac is compatible with old macbook

Greetings, I have a Premium account, an iPhone 6s plus, and I am in the United States. I would like to install desktop on an old MacBook (August 2008) that is not able to be upgraded past OS X 10.7.5 . Although older versions of Spotify for Mac seem ...

• Visitor
  • Greetings,    I have a Premium account, an iPhone 6s plus, and I am in the United States. I would like to install desktop on an old MacBook (August 2008) that is not able to be upgraded p...
  • 引きこもり
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • old mac compatibility
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Impossibile riprodurre il brano corrente (mac desktop)

PlanFreeCountryItaly DeviceiMac 2017Operating SystemCatalina 10.15.2 My Question or IssueDa un paio di giorni, qualsiasi brano, dopo meno di un minuto di ascolto, smette di sentirsi e compare l'avviso "impossibile riprodurre il brano corrente".Non po...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Italy   Device iMac 2017 Operating System Catalina 10.15.2   My Question or Issue Da un paio di giorni, qualsiasi brano, dopo meno di un minuto di ascolto, smet...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Impossibile riprodurre il brano corrente su Mac

Buonasera,è da questo pomeriggio che Spotify non funziona sia sul mio Mac che sul mio HTC.All'inizio riproduceva i brani a scatti, poi a smesso completamente di riprodurli facendo comprarire in alto la barra blu con scritto "Impossibile riprodurre il...

• Buonasera, è da questo pomeriggio che Spotify non funziona sia sul mio Mac che sul mio HTC. All'inizio riproduceva i brani a scatti, poi a smesso completamente di riprodurli facendo comprarire...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Mac Desktop app crashes intermittently, but consistently

PlanFreeCountryUS DeviceMacBook Pro 16" 2019Operating SystemMac OS Catalina 10.15.2Spotify app version1.1.24.91.g4ca6d5eb My Question or IssueThe Spotify desktop app began crashing intermittently today. It will open, login, and begin playing music, b...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country US   Device MacBook Pro 16" 2019 Operating System Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2 Spotify app version 1.1.24.91.g4ca6d5eb   My Question or Issue The Spotify desktop a...
  • ScottyZ
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify doesn't works on my computer

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello, My Spotify app doesn't works on my computer. I tried the Microsoft app, the Desktop app, both don't work since few months. I tried a lot of issues (clear cache, upd...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello,   My Spotify app doesn't works on my computer. I tried the Microsoft app, the Des...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify opens but than stays blank

PremiumGermany DeviceMacBook Pro 2018Operating Systemmac OS Catalina Hello Community, I have a long lasting problem with the Spotify-App on my MacBook. When I open the app, it stays blank and it seems to crash somehow, because I can't acces any part ...

• Visitor
  • Premium Germany   Device MacBook Pro 2018 Operating System mac OS Catalina   Hello Community,   I have a long lasting problem with the Spotify-App on my MacBook. When I open ...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Keeps Opening at Login

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiMac Late 2015Operating SystemCatalina Spotify opens on login. I've turned off the log in through Spotify's settings. I've checked my iMac login preferences and it's not listed. I don't want it to open at the login. Please ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device iMac Late 2015 Operating System Catalina   Spotify opens on login. I've turned off the log in through Spotify's settings. I've checked my iMac log...
  • whiteyg
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 30 on Macbook

For some reason my spotify won't let me log in, no matter what I try, and it always says "A firwall may be blocking spotify" Here's a screenshot: Please helpPlan: FreeCountry: Indonesia DeviceMacbook Air 2018Operating SystemHow can I fix it??

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 19.22.31.png
  • Visitor
  • For some reason my spotify won't let me log in, no matter what I try, and it always says "A firwall may be blocking spotify" Here's a screenshot:   Please help Plan: Free Country: In...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Viewing 'About' of an artist auto scrolls to bottom

When I go to the 'About' tab of an artists and go back to their main page, spotify will autoscroll all the way to the bottom of that artists page. To recreate: 1) Select an Artist, it should bring you to their 'Overview' page/tab 2) Select the 'About...

• Casual Listener
  • When I go to the 'About' tab of an artists and go back to their main page, spotify will autoscroll all the way to the bottom of that artists page.   To recreate:   1) Select an Artist, ...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes
  • bug
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes

[Desktop][Other] ad freezes my screen on macbook

So my Spotify screen keeps freezing and the only reason i see is that an ad for AIRFrance that is on top of where the song progress bar is. The ad has a white background and the little plane avatar it has is moving but everything in my screen except ...

• Visitor
  • So my Spotify screen keeps freezing and the only reason i see is that an ad for AIRFrance that is on top of where the song progress bar is. The ad has a white background and the little plane avatar i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Loved songs information not correct on playlist view for generated radios

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceMacBook Pro 13'' 2019Operating SystemmacOS 10.15 My Question or IssueThe heart to the left on radios generated from playlists doesn't appear to be always correct. Many times, heart at the bottom of the window appears full...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device MacBook Pro 13'' 2019 Operating System macOS 10.15   My Question or Issue The heart to the left on radios generated from playlists doesn't appear to b...
  • ManuMateos
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    macOS
    Radio
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play song, it keeps changing

When I try to play my playlist or any song that I want to listen after 10s it changes to a random artist that I don't know. I tried to change my password or logout all the devices and it still doesn't work. Can you please help me? I do have the Preni...

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to play my playlist or any song that I want to listen after 10s it changes to a random artist that I don't know. I tried to change my password or logout all the devices and it still doesn'...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tell Spotify NOT to play certain songs or albums

Hi, I am looking to find out whether it is possible to tell Spotify that I don't like certain songs or albums. For example, when I ask it to play Taylor Swift's Red album, it plays the Red (Big Machine Radio) version which is full of interviews and t...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I am looking to find out whether it is possible to tell Spotify that I don't like certain songs or albums. For example, when I ask it to play Taylor Swift's Red album, it plays the Red (...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes