Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Cover art not showing up

Hey anyone that can help me,I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but a while ago when I updated spotify, whatever artist I was listening to didnt show thier cover art. Usually in the bottom left corner above the song title and artist it u...

•   Hey anyone that can help me, I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but a while ago when I updated spotify, whatever artist I was listening to didnt show thier cover art. Usually i...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Dragging albums into playlist folder - naming has changed. WHY?

My Question or IssueI find an album, drag it into a playlist folder and up until today it has put the artist first, followed by the album name. Very handy for finding artists in the playlist folder.For some reason, this has changed. Spotify - why?Wha...

• Music Fan
  •   My Question or Issue I find an album, drag it into a playlist folder and up until today it has put the artist first, followed by the album name. Very handy for finding artists in the playlis...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can I make a playlist from just song links?

I know you can make a playlist by just copy/pasting the Spotify URI but in this case I only have the songs LINKS (example: https://open.spotify.com/track/7qCAVkHWZkF44OzOUKf8Cr?si=ElxTl91URn6Y-_CChQT6wQ) and it won't let me paste that into a playlist...

•   I know you can make a playlist by just copy/pasting the Spotify URI but in this case I only have the songs LINKS (example: https://open.spotify.com/track/7qCAVkHWZkF44OzOUKf8Cr?si=E...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Artists Unfollowed

You have a community post saying solved but this issue has never been solved, artists continue to be unfollowed. in my case on my iPhone 6 runnnunt iOS 10, with a premium account there are still artists being unfollowed randomly and without any of my...

• You have a community post saying solved but this issue has never been solved, artists continue to be unfollowed.   in my case on my iPhone 6 runnnunt iOS 10, with a premium account there are s...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Album cover not displaying in bottom left

PlanPremiumCountryFrance (language english)DeviceMacbook AirOperating SystemMacOS High Sierra 10.13.5 My Question or IssueThe album covers of the music I'm listening to aren't displaying in the bottom left as they normally would, but they load fine w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France (language english) Device Macbook Air Operating System MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5   My Question or Issue The album covers of the music I'm listening to aren'...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

On other people's computer it shows in friend feed I haven't listened to anything in a week.

Like I said in the title, on all my spotify friends "friend activity" it shows I haven't been active for a while. Not true. It accurately showed my songs I've played and then all of a sudden stopped. I tried everything for it to work. I logged in and...

• Casual Listener
  • Like I said in the title, on all my spotify friends "friend activity" it shows I haven't been active for a while. Not true. It accurately showed my songs I've played and then all of a sudde...
  • -xijjd_0o4v6
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Static noise on music lately

For the last few weeks, I notice static on every song while playing spotify on my Macbook Pro (its own speakers) only, but not when played on my desktop or the Amazon Fire app. I thought my laptop might be damaged but I have tested out my SiriusXM ac...

• Casual Listener
  • For the last few weeks, I notice static on every song while playing spotify on my Macbook Pro (its own speakers) only, but not when played on my desktop or the Amazon Fire app.    I thoug...
  • brol-x_rxlj5
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Touchbar Controls Gone

The macbook pro touchbar controls after the latest update are gone

• The macbook pro touchbar controls after the latest update are gone
  • ipuzunov
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Frozen

Idrk what is happening with my spotify but it's frozen. Whenever I play a song, the tab doesn't change, and whenever I try to switch the song, pause or change the volume, it does nothing. I need help with this please. I already tried restarting my co...

• Casual Listener
  • Idrk what is happening with my spotify but it's frozen. Whenever I play a song, the tab doesn't change, and whenever I try to switch the song, pause or change the volume, it does nothing. I need help...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

album art

PlanFree/PremiumCountry My Question or Issue (mac) the album art next to the song title and artist isn't showing anymore, I wanted to make it bigger but is dissapeard A

• Plan Free/Premium Country       My Question or Issue  (mac) the album art next to the song title and artist isn't showing anymore, I wanted to make it bigger but is dissape...
  • verringer
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify is frozon while downloading

PlanPremiumCountry CALIFORNIADeviceiPhone 10Operating SystemiOS 11 My Question or Issue

• Plan Premium Country  CALIFORNIA Device iPhone 10 Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

shuffle is broken

I am about to go back to torrenting. Fix shuffle or else. 

• Regular
  • I am about to go back to torrenting. Fix shuffle or else. 
  • carrotlime
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Time/Length of Playlist no longer shows

Time/Length of playlist no longer shows. This is a no brainer. This a very BASIC feature. I use this app for my job & need to know the length of my playlists. Please add this feature back. I contacted Spotify support team & was told to leave a compla...

• Time/Length of playlist no longer shows. This is a no brainer. This a very BASIC feature. I use this app for my job & need to know the length of my playlists.   Please add this feature bac...
  • 6i9r6-m7_gci
  • 1 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 20 likes

It won't let me play any music

When I clicked on the play button for the music it wouldn't play and it wouldn't do anything, I tried reloading the page thinking it was just a glitch or something but it didn't fix anything at all, nothing worked and I just made an account on Spotif...

• When I clicked on the play button for the music it wouldn't play and it wouldn't do anything, I tried reloading the page thinking it was just a glitch or something but it didn't fix anything at all, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to delete local files?

Hi, I'm using the Desktop version of Spotify on Macbook Pro with Premium in the US. I want to get rid of all my local files as I don't need or want them. I searched this topic and saw many people found a solution in going to the "Spotify" -> "Users" ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm using the Desktop version of Spotify on Macbook Pro with Premium in the US. I want to get rid of all my local files as I don't need or want them.     I searched this topic an...
  • carolinegwils
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist - Album title reversed when dragging album to create playlist

PlanUnlimitedDeviceMacbook Pro mid 2014Operating SystemMacOS 10.13.5 My Question or IssueI use playlists heavily as a way to manage albums. For every album that i listen to reguarly i create a new playlist by dragging the album cover to the sidebar. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Unlimited Device Macbook Pro mid 2014 Operating System MacOS 10.13.5   My Question or Issue I use playlists heavily as a way to manage albums. For every album that i listen to regua...
  • redrohX
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't see artist followers

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemmacOS High Sierra My Question or IssueOn my Mac I can no longer see how many followers an artist has. Not that big of a deal, but I liked being able to see how popular an artist was or seeing if t...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device Macbook Pro Operating System macOS High Sierra   My Question or Issue On my Mac I can no longer see how many followers an artist has. Not that big ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How many artists can you follow?

How many artists can you 'Follow'? I am following some artists that do not display in under my 'Library'.

• Music Fan
  • How many artists can you 'Follow'?   I am following some artists that do not display in under my 'Library'.   
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Play the Current Song?

PlanPremium CountryUS but Currently in South Korea Device Macbook Pro My Question or Issue:So I'm studying in South Korea for three months and I have premium which means I shouldn't have a problem listening on my laptop, but almost every song lags an...

• Plan Premium   Country US but Currently in South Korea    Device   Macbook Pro   My Question or Issue: So I'm studying in South Korea for three months and I have p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't see album artwork after latest update

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceMacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)Operating SystemMacOS 10.13.4My Question or IssueI just updated my spotify and now I can't see the album artwork in the bottom left corner while listening to music. I know it isn'...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) Operating System MacOS 10.13.4 My Question or Issue I just updated my spotify and now I can't see the album ...
  • Quart
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • album artwork gone
    Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes