Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Can't scroll on MAC Desktop

Have tried reinstalling. Still can't scroll. Never had this problem before.

• Casual Listener
  • Have tried reinstalling. Still can't scroll. Never had this problem before. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Macbook application not allowing to login with facebook

Hello, I have just installed spotify in my macbook and when I try to login with facebook it opens the browser, asks for login details, the browser's window closes automatically and then spotify App does nothing.It keeps in the same login screen. Can ...

• Hello,   I have just installed spotify in my macbook and when I try to login with facebook it opens the browser, asks for login details,  the browser's window closes automatically and the...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows 10 apps pause Spotify

Sometimes (a bit to often) when I open windows 10 apps, for example the Mail-app, my Spotify pause. It is really irritating. Does anyone know why?

• Sometimes (a bit to often) when I open windows 10 apps, for example the Mail-app, my Spotify pause. It is really irritating. Does anyone know why?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify only playing 3 artists

i have a playlist with about 1000 songs and it will only play songs from 3 artists, i could see why if they were a majority of my playlist but one artist only has about 10 songs on my playlist

• i have a playlist with about 1000 songs and it will only play songs from 3 artists, i could see why if they were a majority of my playlist but one artist only has about 10 songs on my playlist
  • JesseHansonl
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Desktop App not syncing with Mobile

So, a few months back i had an issue with Spotify. Whenever i created a playlist on my iphone or ipad it would not show up on my desktop and viceversa. After reinstalling spotify several times on my Mac and deleting every file i could find( including...

• So, a few months back i had an issue with Spotify. Whenever i created a playlist on my iphone or ipad it would not show up on my desktop and viceversa. After reinstalling spotify several times on my ...
  • mschumacher
  • 21 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 4 likes

I can't scroll on my macbook!

Hi! A while ago i stopped being able to scroll down on my macbook without pressing alt at the same time as i press the up or down button. Normallt I can scroll just by pressing the arrows and with alt it always scrolls all the way down so i can't see...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! A while ago i stopped being able to scroll down on my macbook without pressing alt at the same time as i press the up or down button. Normallt I can scroll just by pressing the arrows and with al...
  • sealionmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Output of Spotify

Hello, can i change the output source of spotify? can't find anything about it.. best regards

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   can i change the output source of spotify? can't find anything about it..    best regards
  • VecchioJohn
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution No Artist Radio / Can't download app on my MAC

hiim suffering from 2 major problems after buying spotify premium:1. There is no Aritst Radio option in my iphone app. weirdly the option does appear on the web player 2. I can't download the spotify app to my mac. everytime i download the file and t...

• hi im suffering from 2 major problems after buying spotify premium: 1. There is no Aritst Radio option in my iphone app. weirdly the option does appear on the web player   2. I can't downloa...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Home and Chromecast not appearing on Spotify Connect or Device List

For the Mac application, my Google Home and Google Chromecast don't appear in the device list only AFTER I tell the device by voice to play something on Spotify, or I initiate the play from another device, like my Phone. Before I manually play someth...

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 12.47.56.png Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 12.48.17.png
  • Casual Listener
  • For the Mac application, my Google Home and Google Chromecast don't appear in the device list only AFTER I tell the device by voice to play something on Spotify, or I initiate the play from anot...
  • 0 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 27 likes

Local files

Hi all, I am new to spotify and have a couple of songs on my laptop which I can't seem to find on spotify so I am trying to access them via the local files feature. However since I listen to music from my phone most often, I need to add them in a pla...

• Hi all,   I am new to spotify and have a couple of songs on my laptop which I can't seem to find on spotify so I am trying to access them via the local files feature. However since I listen to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove album art

Can I remove the viewing of album art? Some of the art is just plain inappropriate and racy and I really don't need to be seeing it consistently. Any help?

• Can I remove the viewing of album art?  Some of the art is just plain inappropriate and racy and I really don't need to be seeing it consistently. Any help?
  • Alcamtar
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 38 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 38 likes

I cannot see the recently played tracks by friends

since a few days I cannot see the recently played tracks of any of my friends.Alle it shows under "recent activity" is a blank.I've tried everything in the preferences menu, ticked all the sharing buttons to yes but still nothing.Who knows hoe te fix...

• Casual Listener
  • since a few days I cannot see the recently played tracks of any of my friends.Alle it shows under "recent activity" is a blank.I've tried everything in the preferences menu, ticked all the sharing bu...
  • loudandproud
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why doesn't Spotify for mac have an equalizer?

Can we please have an equalizer for the mac desktop app?

• Casual Listener
  • Can we please have an equalizer for the mac desktop app?
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

[Desktop][Mac] Function/media keys (play/pause, next, previous) not working

Function keys have been broken since last Spotify update. macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 Spotify version 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc

• Regular
  • Function keys have been broken since last Spotify update.   macOS High Sierra 10.13.3   Spotify version 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc  
  • vicponce22
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Remove "i'm with the banned" playlist, it is insulting

If you stand with artists from the nations of the travel banned, then can you explain why you banned the same people from these nations to use your service? if you are not allowed to let Iranian people use your services and forced to ban us, then ple...

• Casual Listener
  • If you stand with artists from the nations of the travel banned, then can you explain why you banned the same people from these nations to use your service? if you are not allowed to let Iranian...
  • m3iisam
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • banned nation
    Iran
    sanction
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

This Song Is Unavailable. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

I deleted my iTunes folder on my Mac because it was taking a lot of space.Now, on Spotify the songs that I deleted cannot be played and show a "This Song Is Unavailable. If you have the file on your computer you can import it. " These are the same so...

• I deleted my iTunes folder on my Mac because it was taking a lot of space. Now, on Spotify the songs that I deleted cannot be played and show a "This Song Is Unavailable. If you have the file on you...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Update local files

Hello, I've been trying to update my local files list, but when I change the folders nothing happens, it keeps appearing the 4K+ songs that I have in my music, but not the 2 new folders i've been trying to replace it with. (Sorry in advance if my eng...

• Hello, I've been trying to update my local files list, but when I change the folders nothing happens, it keeps appearing the 4K+ songs that I have in my music, but not the 2 new folders i've been try...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

MacOS High Sierra Spotify Frame Rate

I recently upgraded to High Sierra, and now my Spotify app is really slow and choppy. For example, when scrolling, the frame rate is way slower. Another example is when I have spotify open in a different desktop, and when I slide over to that desktop...

• I recently upgraded to High Sierra, and now my Spotify app is really slow and choppy.   For example, when scrolling, the frame rate is way slower. Another example is when I have spotify o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

'Cant play the current track' issue is back

Hi there Spotifyers!!Anyone experiencing this type of problem since yesterday? For me it started yesterday (Desktop Mac) when listening to Genres & Moods playlists and it's getting worse and worse. Today it is impossible to listen straight to a song,...

• Music Fan
  • Hi there Spotifyers!! Anyone experiencing this type of problem since yesterday?  For me it started yesterday (Desktop Mac) when listening to Genres & Moods playlists  and it's getting...
  • anabelacc
  • Music Fan
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

Disable Browse on desktop app (Mac OS)

Every time I open Spotify I am prompted to listen to a bunch of playlists that I do not want to even have to look at. Is there a way to disable the Browse tab, or at least open Spotify on my Mac to literally any other section or playlist? There is a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I open Spotify I am prompted to listen to a bunch of playlists that I do not want to even have to look at. Is there a way to disable the Browse tab, or at least open Spotify on my Mac to l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes