Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Friends Can't See What I'm listening to

I already turned on all the settings for friends to see me on the sidebar yet they still cannot. I even have premium. Can someone please help?

• I already turned on all the settings for friends to see me on the sidebar yet they still cannot.  I even have premium.  Can someone please help?
  • EddSchlaghecke
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

error code 4 - doesn't recognise internet connection

Hi, i have the same problem in my phone and tablet. My app doesnt recognize my conection, what can i do in that case. Ive tried with uninstall my windows firewall and my spotify app doesnt work.

• Hi, i have the same problem in my phone and tablet. My app doesnt recognize my conection, what can i do in that case. Ive tried with uninstall my windows firewall and my spotify app doesnt work.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Takes forever to load

Hi there. After the last update Spotify really takes a looooooong time to load. I'm on Mac mini. Tons of RAM, really fast internet.Can you give some explanation, tips? Thanks for all the great work. Cheers,Zrinko

• Music Fan
  • Hi there.   After the last update Spotify really takes a looooooong time to load.  I'm on Mac mini. Tons of RAM, really fast internet. Can you give some explanation, tips?   ...
  • -Arya-
  • 20 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Mac
  • 20 replies
  • 6 likes

Popup ads keep pausing music

Everytime an ad pops up (as a banner on lower screen) in Spotify, the music pauses. Any suggestions as how to correct this, Spotify is only on my desktop and I have the free version. TYIA.

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime an ad pops up (as a banner on lower screen) in Spotify, the music pauses.  Any suggestions as how to correct this, Spotify is only on my desktop and I have the free version. TYIA.
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

ESTER

ERTRETGR

• Casual Listener
  • ERTRETGR
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Please help! Spotify access has been shut off for my Mac.

Hi there! Can you please help me? I am a fitness instructor and I have been usuing Spotify premium for years to provide music during my fitness classes. I recently stopped using my PC computer (I returned it to work) and have been using my own MAC as...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there!   Can you please help me? I am a fitness instructor and I have been usuing Spotify premium for years to provide music during my fitness classes. I recently stopped using my PC comput...
  • kaltat
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My Mac El Capitan won't sync my BBC playlist tracks to Spotify.

My Mac and i phone have stopped syncing my BBC Playlister tracks to my Soptify account on my El Capitan Mac Book Air and my iphone 5C. These tracksseemed to have stopped in Feb 2017. Is it some kind of a software update issue?Someone said tontry chan...

• Casual Listener
  • My Mac and i phone have stopped syncing my BBC Playlister tracks to my Soptify account on my El Capitan Mac Book Air and my iphone 5C. These tracksseemed to have stopped in Feb 2017. Is it some kind ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Play not Shuffling

Hello, I have a playlist that I've been adding to since the early days of spotfiy - it now has around 1,600 songs in it. Over the past few months, I've noticed that when playing shuffle, it only plays the first 50 or so songs in the playlist. This is...

• Hello,   I have a playlist that I've been adding to since the early days of spotfiy - it now has around 1,600 songs in it. Over the past few months, I've noticed that when playing shuffle, it ...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a way to shuffle your radio stations?

I want to listen to many kinds of music at once. is there a way to put multiple genres into one station or to shuffle your stations like a playlist? This is the only reason I prefer pandora over spotify b/c I don't know how to do this.

• I want to listen to many kinds of music at once. is there a way to put multiple genres into one station or to shuffle your stations like a playlist? This is the only reason I prefer pandora over spot...
  • 987rob65
  • 14 replies
  • 30 likes
  • Mac
  • 14 replies
  • 30 likes

Unable to play music via Spotify Connect (-> Sonos Speaker or Speaker Group)

Hi, I am running a bug where Spotify will not play music to my Sonos speakers. I have a number of Sonos speakers setup in my house: Connect:Amp powering speakers on my deck, three PLAY:1s in different rooms as well as a PLAYBAR in my living room). I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am running a bug where Spotify will not play music to my Sonos speakers.   I have a number of Sonos speakers setup in my house: Connect:Amp powering speakers on my deck, three P...
  • jbburf
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't install on Mac OS 10.13.1 High Sierra

Hi, Previously I had Spotify installed and working fine on my iMac running 10.13.1 high sierra.I've had to reinstall 10.13.1 for other reasons but now I'm unable to get Spotify to reinstall. It's definitely not installed on the hard drive as I have s...

• Hi,   Previously I had Spotify installed and working fine on my iMac running 10.13.1 high sierra. I've had to reinstall 10.13.1 for other reasons but now I'm unable to get Spotify to reinstal...
  • alukasik
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify changes from "listening on this computer" to "Spotify Web Player" by itself

This is happening consistently. I open Spotify and play something. Mid-song, it goes silent, and when I check, the app has changed output to "Spotify Web Player" and not "Listening on this computer". What's the deal?

• This is happening consistently.  I open Spotify and play something.  Mid-song, it goes silent, and when I check, the app has changed output to "Spotify Web Player" and not "Listening on thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Everywhere" device

What is this "Everywhere" device that starting showing up in my device list? My guess is that its related to the Amazon Echo, because it only plays on those devices when selected.Any details on it? It would be cool if we could make our own groups of ...

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 9.54.40 PM.png
  • Music Fan
  • What is this "Everywhere" device that starting showing up in my device list? My guess is that its related to the Amazon Echo, because it only plays on those devices when selected. Any details o...
  • TalkingHead
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

MusixMatch not saving lyrics

My lyrics are not saving.I've been trying to edit lyrics for a few days now. It says it saves them when I click the done button, but it reverts back to the old lyrics.I've tried it on OSX and Windows 8. I'm not sure why they're not saving.

• My lyrics are not saving. I've been trying to edit lyrics for a few days now. It says it saves them when I click the done button, but it reverts back to the old lyrics. I've tried it on OSX an...
  • AdielGodino
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Playlists won't show songs, and search won't function.

Everything will be working fine, and then when I click on a different playlist, it won't load. The loading circle appears but nothing loads. I can double click the playlist and it will play, but I can't see the order. Restarting works but then it hap...

• Everything will be working fine, and then when I click on a different playlist, it won't load. The loading circle appears but nothing loads. I can double click the playlist and it will play, but I ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't login to my Spotify

I have the Macook Pro OS High Sierra version 10.13.2. I recently downloaded Spotify onto my comupter and when I went to login, it read "Service is temporarily unavailble, please try again later (Error Code: 404)". When I first saw this I just left it...

• I have the Macook Pro OS High Sierra version 10.13.2. I recently downloaded Spotify onto my comupter and when I went to login, it read "Service is temporarily unavailble, please try again later (Erro...
  • nelletremblay
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot add cover art for a Playlist

Hey there, I removed my covert art because I was about to change it to something updated and whenever I try to add something, it flashes in the box as being added then a second or two later shows the red bar that says 'failed to upload image please t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there, I removed my covert art because I was about to change it to something updated and whenever I try to add something, it flashes in the box as being added then a second or two later shows the...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can only add a song to a few playlists

When I right click to add a song to a playlist I can only add it to a few playlists. The dropdown no longer scrolls. I can't figure out a way to add it to any playlist I want. Any ideas?

• When I right click to add a song to a playlist I can only add it to a few playlists. The dropdown no longer scrolls. I can't figure out a way to add it to any playlist I want. Any ideas?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound is quieter only when playing Spotify

Whether I'm listening to external speakers or my headphones, music through Spotify on my MacBook air is significantly quieter than other sounds. I can listen to YouTube or other videos perfectly with volume and sound working perfectly, but listening ...

• Whether I'm listening to external speakers or my headphones, music through Spotify on my MacBook air is significantly quieter than other sounds. I can listen to YouTube or other videos perfectly with...
  • estebanGramaj0
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Genius

How I hate this thing. I turned on the bottom to desable the behind the lyrics and it keeps showing. It's annoying. Please, fix this. Thanks

• How I hate this thing. I turned on the bottom to desable the behind the lyrics and it keeps showing. It's annoying. Please, fix this. Thanks
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes