Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

xczxv

cbcvbncv

• Casual Listener
  •    cbcvbncv
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist wiped of all contents (not deleted, so can't recover).. please help!

EDIT: Resolved on the chat system - playlist needed to be restored from a backup held by Spotify, fixed in under a minute! Thanks Randy P! Hi guys, I'm not entirely sure what's happened, but one of my playlists has been cleared - something I definite...

• EDIT: Resolved on the chat system - playlist needed to be restored from a backup held by Spotify, fixed in under a minute! Thanks Randy P!   Hi guys,   I'm not entirely sure what's happ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

gfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

• Regular
  • tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

juilll

iuhpoj[pok]poj[hojl[p;[;[

• Casual Listener
  • iuhpoj[pok]poj[hojl[p;[;[
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why are there two queues? "Next in Queue" and "Next Up"?

I find those two queues quite confusing and unintuitive. What is the purpose of having those two? When I play an album it gets into "Next Up" if I then want to add some tracks to the queue they get into "Next in Queue". And then they are played befor...

• Regular
  • I find those two queues quite confusing and unintuitive. What is the purpose of having those two? When I play an album it gets into "Next Up" if I then want to add some tracks to the queue ...
  • 0 replies
  • 29 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 29 likes

htyut

tgtyutyuiyuiyuiyiu

• Casual Listener
  • tgtyutyuiyuiyuiyiu
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

dxgbftcnhgfhjndxgbftcnhgfhjn

dxgbftcnhgfhjndxgbftcnhgfhjndxgbftcnhgfhjndxgbftcnhgfhjndxgbftcnhgfhjn

• Regular
  • dxgbftcnhgfhjndxgbftcnhgfhjndxgbftcnhgfhjndxgbftcnhgfhjndxgbftcnhgfhjn
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

fdsf

sfsafa

• Regular
  • sfsafa
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My Mac Won't Play New Tracks

My Mac book that I got from school has used spotify jsut fine until recently. I can play all my old songs but new songs I want to play don't work and they will not play. What do I do to get them to play. It says that they are playing but no progress ...

• Casual Listener
  • My Mac book that I got from school has used spotify jsut fine until recently. I can play all my old songs but new songs I want to play don't work and they will not play. What do I do to get them to p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Empty title bar overlapping the top in fullscreen mode

In OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and Spotify version 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af, I'm seeing a "frosted glass" titlebar overlapping the top of the window when it's in full screen mode. The bar doesn't have buttons, and it overlaps the topmost elements in the interf...

• Casual Listener
  • In OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and Spotify version 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af, I'm seeing a "frosted glass" titlebar overlapping the top of the window when it's in full screen mode. The bar doesn't have buttons,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! High CPU usage

Hi, If i'm in the Explore tab(Utforska in Swedish) the CPU usage get very high! Seems to have to do with the Music bar(see picture). As soon as i hide it the CPU drops. Best regards Johnny

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, If i'm in the Explore tab(Utforska in Swedish) the CPU usage get very high! Seems to have to do with the Music bar(see picture). As soon as i hide it the CPU drops. Best regards Johnny
  • felix123123
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! OSX - blank black screen

First off, I'm running OSX Mavericks 10.9.4. My Spotify version is 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c. This problem only exists at work, where I am behind a proxy. The proxy settings work because I can play music and scrobble to last.fm and browse. Here's my issue:...

• Visitor
  • First off, I'm running OSX Mavericks 10.9.4. My Spotify version is 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c. This problem only exists at work, where I am behind a proxy. The proxy settings work because I can play mu...
  • BrianM3
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't delete or remove "Local Files" (OSX)

Hi, this is turning me a little bit bonkers. I can't delete (or remove) songs that show up in my Spotify Desktop client no matter what I try. I will try to explain in detail what I have tried: I have Spotify on my MacI have Spotify on my iPadI have S...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   this is turning me a little bit bonkers. I can't delete (or remove) songs that show up in my Spotify Desktop client no matter what I try. I will try to explain in detail what I have trie...
  • benpunter
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

"Service temporarily unavailable" error message

Been getting the message below for a few days. Uninstalling did't solve the problem. The problem is only occuring on my desktop. It works fine on the phone. please help

• Casual Listener
  • Been getting the message below for a few days. Uninstalling did't solve the problem. The problem is only occuring on my desktop. It works fine on the phone. please help
  • smithmas
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes