Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Cannot Reinstall Spotify After it Stopped Working

Hi there, My Spotify was working fine on my Mac...however, I haven't been able to use it in about 3+ weeks. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. When I download, it always shows up "incomplete" in my "downloads" and, therefore, I am unable to re...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   My Spotify was working fine on my Mac...however, I haven't been able to use it in about 3+ weeks. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. When I download, it always shows up "inc...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Album Meta Tag Mess

I recently purchased an album '2015 Warped Tour Compilation'. The majority of songs are already available on Spotify but there were some that weren't so I decided on this rare occasion to purchase the whole album. I moved the album directory into one...

• Regular
  • I recently purchased an album '2015 Warped Tour Compilation'. The majority of songs are already available on Spotify but there were some that weren't so I decided on this rare occasion to purchase th...
  • Rollo_
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync my iTunes music with Spotify

Hi! I would like to subscribe to the Premium, but I want to be sure I can upload all my iTunes library (playlist included) to Spotify and sync it. How do i do it? Thanks in advance!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I would like to subscribe to the Premium, but I want to be sure I can upload all my iTunes library (playlist included) to Spotify and sync it. How do i do it?   Thanks in advance!...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect interferes with change to AirPlay on speaker

I use Spotify Connect from the Spotify OSX app to connect to a Spotify Connect speaker.That speaker is also AirPlay compatable too.I also use AirPlay from iTunes to play to it.When I go from AirPlay to Spotify, it is usually not a problem.But, after ...

• Gig Goer
  • I use Spotify Connect from the Spotify OSX app to connect to a Spotify Connect speaker. That speaker is also AirPlay compatable too. I also use AirPlay from iTunes to play to it. When I go from Ai...
  • Joe10
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Suddenly I can't log in to spotify because of a "firewall error" and i don't have any firewall

So my spotify used to be linked with a facebook account, I deactivated facebook a week ago and started just using my email and password. This is the ONLY thing that has changed recently relevant to spotify. It worked fine up until yesterday, and my i...

Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 10.17.31 AM.png
  • Regular
  • So my spotify used to be linked with a facebook account, I deactivated facebook a week ago and started just using my email and password. This is the ONLY thing that has changed recently relevant to s...
  • camimaldonado
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playback issue: Eric Clapton Unplugged "Tears In Heaven" plays the wrong song

DescriptionIncorrect track is played back when selecting "Tears In Heaven" in the "Unplugged" album by Eric Clapton. Also, the incorrect album art is displayed. A more detailed description, using numbered steps1. Launch Spotify Desktop for Mac2. Go t...

Eric Clapton Unplugged screenshot
  • Spotify Legend
  •   Description Incorrect track is played back when selecting "Tears In Heaven" in the "Unplugged" album by Eric Clapton. Also, the incorrect album art is displayed.   A more detailed des...
  • bgerstle
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot import iTunes playlist to Spotify

I hope someone is able to help me out. I just upgraded to Spotify Premium to test Spotify. I cannot import my iTunes playlists to Spotify. I am dragging and dropping a Playlist, a + sign actually appears, but when I drop in Spotify nothing actually h...

• I hope someone is able to help me out. I just upgraded to Spotify Premium to test Spotify.    I cannot import my iTunes playlists to Spotify. I am dragging and dropping a Playlist, a...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Still cannot install Spotify Mac app when using proxy

It is still not possible to do a clean install of the Spotify Mac app if you use a proxy to connect to the internet. The app attempts to connect, fails, and displays an error message. The Preferences tab remains greyed out, however, so it is impossib...

• Music Fan
  • It is still not possible to do a clean install of the Spotify Mac app if you use a proxy to connect to the internet.  The app attempts to connect, fails, and displays an error message.  The...
  • FiveInchTaint
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spam and ads from Alibaba and others on my Spotify

Hey Guys, I hope you are well. Recently, my Spotify has been infested with these ads, blank screen and spam. Does anyone knows how to get rid of it? I tried uninstalling and it did not work. Desperately seeking help. Thank you all.

• Regular
  • Hey Guys,   I hope you are well.   Recently, my Spotify has been infested with these ads, blank screen and spam.    Does anyone knows how to get rid of it? I tried uninstall...
  • StevenR
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Constant loading issues and crashing issues in Mac OS X native app

Surely I can't be alone with this issue... Every time I go to open the Spotify Mac OS X native app it opens the application in seconds but then just doesn't load any of the content, so I can't see or play tracks, search, or do anything really. Then, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Surely I can't be alone with this issue... Every time I go to open the Spotify Mac OS X native app it opens the application in seconds but then just doesn't load any of the content, so I can't see or...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 15 likes

Solved!! No 64-bit Mac version?

Hi, i was quite surprised when I noticed that the Mac version for desktop is only a 32-bit application. When will the 64-bit application be released? Additionally, I am also looking forward to some built in AirPlay streaming in the future.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   i was quite surprised when I noticed that the Mac version for desktop is only a 32-bit application. When will the 64-bit application be released?    Additionally, I am al...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 16 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 18 likes

Mac disappears from the iPhone remote control list after a few minutes.

My mac spotify client disappears from my iPhone's remote control list after a few minutes of not touching the mac. I have the power options set for the mac to never go to sleep. Please help me keep it in the list. Thanks.

• Visitor
  • My mac spotify client disappears from my iPhone's remote control list after a few minutes of not touching the mac. I have the power options set for the mac to never go to sleep. Please help me keep i...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

D'banj - Oliver corrupt track

I dont know if this is just for me or for everyone, but I cant play the tune Oliver by D'banj, not on my phone nor my desktop computer. On the phone, it just stays on 00:01 for a couple of seconds and then jumps to next track, on the desktop it just ...

• I dont know if this is just for me or for everyone, but I cant play the tune Oliver by D'banj, not on my phone nor my desktop computer. On the phone, it just stays on 00:01 for a couple of seconds an...
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Play list missing

I've lost all previously saved playlists on my imac computer, but they are still on my ipad (same account name and password used). When I add new music to the playlist, everything is being saved on both the computer and ipad. In other words, all new ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've lost all previously saved playlists on my imac computer, but they are still on my ipad (same account name and password used).  When I add new music to the playlist, everything is being save...
  • kazmitchell2
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Language setting problem

I have a problem when using spotify on mac.I live in Taiwan, whose officail lanaguage is traditonal chinese.I've changed my language setting to English.It worked well until today. When I used it today, some of the contents changed to chinese, even th...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem when using spotify on mac. I live in Taiwan, whose officail lanaguage is traditonal chinese. I've changed my language setting to English. It worked well until today.   When...
  • ianfritz
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Unable to find local files

Hello all ! Since the last update of the spotify desktop client, i am experiencing a quite annoying bug. My local files (which where perfectly handled before the update) are now invisible and unreachable I tried already reboot / log off from spotify ...

• Hello all ! Since the last update of the spotify desktop client, i am experiencing a quite annoying bug.   My local files (which where perfectly handled before the update) are now invisible an...
  • nebbdyret
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Is Google Play the answer to slow Spotify?

Really fed up with slow opening on Mac. I have seen from the forums that the problem is not new. Is the only solution to go elsewhere? What have Spotify done to fix it??

• Casual Listener
  • Really fed up with slow opening on Mac. I have seen from the forums that the problem is not new. Is the only solution to go elsewhere? What have Spotify done to fix it??
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do I have a gray circle arrow thing next to a playlist?

One of my playlists randomly developed a circle arrow thing next to it (gray/white and doesn't move like it is downloading). It is a playlist I saved offline, I uncheck the offline tab and this circle disappears. I click the offline tab and it reappe...

• Roadie
  • One of my playlists randomly developed a circle arrow thing next to it (gray/white and doesn't move like it is downloading). It is a playlist I saved offline, I uncheck the offline tab and this circl...
  • bigunzzz
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing by Artist results in many duplicate songs and even some non-music tracks

We're having trouble with what seems like one of the most basic things you'd ever want to do with Spotify - just play an artist. Play Michael Jackson. Play Paul Simon. If we do that, two bad things happen. First, within the first half hour of play we...

• We're having trouble with what seems like one of the most basic things you'd ever want to do with Spotify - just play an artist. Play Michael Jackson. Play Paul Simon. If we do that, two bad thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug Report: Searching for a song within a playlist messes up the play queue (Mac)

Steps to reproduce:Navigate to a playlistPlay a songPress CMD-F (Mac) or CTRL-F (PC) to filter the playlistType in some textView your play queue; it's not what it should be. Instead, it appears to be a repeating list of any matches found when filteri...

• Steps to reproduce: Navigate to a playlist Play a song Press CMD-F (Mac) or CTRL-F (PC) to filter the playlist Type in some text View your play queue; it's not what it should be. Instead, it ap...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes