Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album release date removed

Album release date removed

With the latest update i can only see the year, month and day of the release have been removed, why? 😞

9 Replies

It's a temporary thing that unfortunately spotify removed for a bit. It's frustrating, but everyone has it like this. You can vote for it coming back here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Bring-back-the-more-precise-Release-Date/idi-p/14...

I hoped I could help, I'm sorry we can't do anything about it right now. Please leave a like and accept this as answer, if you liked my post. Thanks

You say "temporary", but I see no indication for that. I've been a Spotify subscriber for quite a number of years. Not a single feature that has been removed in that time – and there have been many – has ever returned. The client is now barely a shadow of what it once was, and the direction in which Spotify want to keep pushing it seems painfully clear.

Hey @Anamon,

I understand your frustration, as @LeoRager has mentioned, you can vote for the feature to return in the link he posted, if you haven't already.

But in the end, features will be included if they are used and if they are helpful. Sometime features aren't used enough or helpful / necessary enough to stay. 

I'm sorry that we can't help further.

Best,

Jordan 

How can "It being used enough" be proved with this feature. I have a playlist of new release which I put in release date order, FOR A REASON. I can no longer do that, just having to rely on geusswork, as often for singles the date isn't known anywhere else

Hey @Burasutsu,

It's more likely that the feature wasn't necessary enough to stay rather than used enough. As you know feature are removed and added all the time! But as has been mentioned by @LeoRager, you can head to the idea he linked in his reply to vote for the album / single full dates of release to return.

Best,

Jordan 

How would Spotify even determine wether a feature like release dates were being used? For me they're a helpful reference that I frequently use - But given they're not a clickable navigation item there is no way to collect that kind of feedback.

Steve

Hey @Anamon @SteveRinzen @Burasutsu 

Good news!

In the new desktop app version 1.1.86 and the Web Player, you can now see the full release date (month, day, year) at the bottom of the release page just like you can in the mobile app. You can still hover over the year at the top of the release page as well to see the full release date.

Check out the screenshot below to see how it looks like:

releasedatedesktopapp.png

full release date hover tooltip.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Anamon @SteveRinzen @Burasutsu 

Good news!

In the new desktop app version 1.1.86 and the Web Player, you can now see the full release date (month, day, year) at the bottom of the release page just like you can in the mobile app. You can still hover over the year at the top of the release page as well to see the full release date.

Check out the screenshot below to see how it looks like:

releasedatedesktopapp.png

full release date hover tooltip.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts