Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Black screen

Solved!

Black screen

Hi guys,

Last week I downloaded the new version of Spotify and now every time I open the program on my work computer the screen is completely black and I have no access to my music at all. I have tried a few things - checked latest drivers on my graphics card, removed hardware acceleration, started Spotfy on new command prompt. None of it works - the only thing that fixes the issue is downloading an old version of Spofity, but the program does update on its own eventually.

Any ideas? This is a work PC so not the latest hardware or software, currently running Windows 7 (!!)

Cheers,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Letilola16

Do right click on the Spotify icon and select Restore previous versions.

Then choose Compatibility

After that, change from XP or Vista to Windows 7 (You may need to click on the tab near the bottom of the popup box that read 'Change for all users' before changing the Windows type).

Check this thread out:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Spotify-is-blank/m-p/1379783

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Brilliant, it worked!

Thanks so much!!

Cheers, 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

@Letilola16

Do right click on the Spotify icon and select Restore previous versions.

Then choose Compatibility

After that, change from XP or Vista to Windows 7 (You may need to click on the tab near the bottom of the popup box that read 'Change for all users' before changing the Windows type).

Check this thread out:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Spotify-is-blank/m-p/1379783

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Brilliant, it worked!

Thanks so much!!

Cheers, 

Copy your entire spotify folder to C:/ and execute from there.

Suggested posts