Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop App Lags my internet.

I attempt to go to my next song and it spike to 25Mbps-40Mbps. Causes the games I am playing to Lag behind. This started happening about a week ago when yet again another bad update was released. The one before that would randomly make my phone open ...

• I attempt to go to my next song and it spike to 25Mbps-40Mbps. Causes the games I am playing to Lag behind. This started happening about a week ago when yet again another bad update was released. The...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

My buddy and I used to swap our favorite songs with one another using the messaging feature. I never added them to any playlists, as I always just played them from the inbox. Tried to find them today and discovered this horrible news. Dammit!!! I hav...

• My buddy and I used to swap our favorite songs with one another using the messaging feature. I never added them to any playlists, as I always just played them from the inbox. Tried to find them today...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Yeah this is just really disappointing, no way around it. Hard to understand how something seemingly so simple could be deemed too expensive to maintain. What about people who used messages with friends to archive certain music that they had shared w...

• Yeah this is just really disappointing, no way around it. Hard to understand how something seemingly so simple could be deemed too expensive to maintain. What about people who used messages with frie...
  • 10 replies
  • 176 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 176 likes

THIS. Often when I shared my playlists with friends I'd accompany them with personal messages, little stories, background information or just plain ol' page-long ramblings about how awesome this music I was passing on really was. All of that is gone ...

• THIS. Often when I shared my playlists with friends I'd accompany them with personal messages, little stories, background information or just plain ol' page-long ramblings about how aw...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

"This Song is Not Available" on EVERY song.

I haven't ever had any problems with Spotify until today. It crashed on it's own for some unknown reason and since restarting it won't play any song. I've already tried reinstalling the app and tried using the web player, that doesn't work either, an...

• I haven't ever had any problems with Spotify until today. It crashed on it's own for some unknown reason and since restarting it won't play any song. I've already tried reinstalling the app and tried...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No local files

Hi,I have installed spotify new again and now it don't show me the songs (0 songs) on my computer (local files), although I've added the source in the options.

• Regular
  • Hi, I have installed spotify new again and now it don't show me the songs (0 songs) on my computer (local files), although I've added the source in the options.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ajuda com os arquivos locais

Mesmo desmarcando todas as pastas, os meus arquivos locais não mudam, não importando o que eu faça. Já tentei praticamente tudo que é possivel mas as musicas não mudam, não entrando nenhuma nova nem saindo.Além disso, gostaria de saber como excluir m...

• Mesmo desmarcando todas as pastas, os meus arquivos locais não mudam, não importando o que eu faça. Já tentei praticamente tudo que é possivel mas as musicas não mudam, não entrando nenhuma nova nem ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading a playlist does not work

Hey,I tried downloading my 3 albums with a total of around 300 songs but i can only download the first album that has around 19 songs. when i try to download the other the. the download goes super fast (too fast for a regular download). and then it g...

• Hey, I tried downloading my 3 albums with a total of around 300 songs but i can only download the first album that has around 19 songs. when i try to download the other the. the download goes super ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

"This song is not available." Every song is skipped.

I get this error on literally every song on every playlist/album/etc: "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I am on Windows 7 using the desktop application. This issue is intermittent, but frequent. So...

• I get this error on literally every song on every playlist/album/etc: "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."   I am on Windows 7 using the deskt...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't download on my Sony.

I am trying to download Spotfiy onto my desktop but every time I do, it says that it is running but not responding. How am I able to fix this? I have deleted it and re-downloaded it but it still comes up with the same issue. Any help would be appreci...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to download Spotfiy onto my desktop but every time I do, it says that it is running but not responding. How am I able to fix this? I have deleted it and re-downloaded it but it still come...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing windows 10

Hi, Iv recently installed spotify on my windows 10 desktop computer and while in the process of installing it crashed my network, when trying to repair the network connection through windows it crashed my computer, when it restarded back into windows...

• Hi,  Iv recently installed spotify on my windows 10 desktop computer and while in the process of installing it crashed my network, when trying to repair the network connection through wind...
  • cadmielp
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The shuffle shuffle

Sure this has been beat to death but I'm a drummer so we'll beat it some more. I listened to all of my songs in order, took a long time. Now that I've done that I'd like to listen randomly. As I recall that used to mean play songs across my list, wel...

• Gig Goer
  • Sure this has been beat to death but I'm a drummer so we'll beat it some more. I listened to all of my songs in order, took a long time. Now that I've done that I'd like to listen randomly. As I reca...
  • jnj1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Per Rorey's message here, please could you at least create an Inbox playlist for me to retrieve what's possible? I started a thread here asking if there was a plan to be able to retrieve that valuable data - https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-M...

• Music Fan
  • Per Rorey's message here, please could you at least create an Inbox playlist for me to retrieve what's possible?   I started a thread here asking if there was a plan to be able to retrieve th...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! "Plays" Statistic

In the windows web player, there is a column when you play a song that says "plays".Sometimes, it says 1,123,400 plays. Or some other number.How is this calculated? Every month? every day? Every week?Its impressive, but it seems to be a number withou...

• Music Fan
  • In the windows web player, there is a column when you play a song that says "plays". Sometimes, it says 1,123,400 plays.  Or some other number. How is this calculated? Every month? every day?&...
  • TStarkMark46
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Connected with facebook username...

I Signed in with facebook and my username is a bunch of random numbers. I wanted to buy premium on this account but these numbers are really annoying, any help would be much appreciated.

• Casual Listener
  • I Signed in with facebook and my username is a bunch of random numbers. I wanted to buy premium on this account but these numbers are really annoying, any help would be much appreciated.
  • detective889
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Music not playing on my win10 PC in either desktop application or web player... help?

Hi. Gang, I really don't want to cancel spotify, but it's useless if it doesn't actually play on anything but my phone to me. My account must be okay, its working on my phone ... but i can't get it to play anything on desktop anymore,,, this started ...

• Hi. Gang, I really don't want to cancel spotify, but it's useless if it doesn't actually play on anything but my phone to me.   My account must be okay, its working on my phone ... but i can't...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about the players, "Hearts" And "check marks"

Hey all -whats the difference when between the spotify app's (android) "Heart" and the desktop "check mark". Both seem to have some sort of "Save" functionality. Question may be very simple, thanks for your help,

• Music Fan
  • Hey all - whats the difference when between the spotify app's (android) "Heart" and the desktop "check mark".  Both seem to have some sort of "Save" functionality.   Question may be very...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Cannot click + icon on imported playlist

Why cannot i click the + icon to like the song on an imported playlist? I can understand it if the song and album were really obscure but the song and album in question are very available. Song: Rumor Has ItArtist: AdeleAlbum: 21 See attachment

• Regular
  • Why cannot i click the + icon to like the song on an imported playlist?   I can understand it if the song and album were really obscure but the song and album in question are very available. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! TEST

TEST

• TEST
  • hotnspicyyyyyy
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes