Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • dakster
  • 70 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 70 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't play after I click pause

Hi When I click pause I can't get Spotify to play the track I was listening to. I have to go back to the last track and then forward to the track I was listening to. Which means I have to listen to the song from the beginning. Is anyone else having t...

• Regular
  • Hi   When I click pause I can't get Spotify to play the track I was listening to. I have to go back to the last track and then forward to the track I was listening to. Which means I have to li...
  • Robbie1964
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files imported to Spotify even though i disabled it in settings

So, like the title says, i am having issues with spotify importing songs from my NAS, even though i disabled the option to import them. It is making spotify open slow, as my NAS need to wake up from hibernation before spotify loads the files. What to...

• So, like the title says, i am having issues with spotify importing songs from my NAS, even though i disabled the option to import them. It is making spotify open slow, as my NAS need to wake up from ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't load sometimes

I found something odd and I wonder if anyone else has had the same issues. I leave my PC on alot, sometimes for days, never shut it off everynight, well I noticed that after a few days Spotify won't load after I click on it and it's only after I go i...

• Casual Listener
  • I found something odd and I wonder if anyone else has had the same issues. I leave my PC on alot, sometimes for days, never shut it off everynight, well I noticed that after a few days Spotify won't ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't update after 1.0.55

Hello Spotify Community,I am having trouble updating the app and it is locked to 1.0.55.487. I tried to uninstall and forced update it but to no avail.Is there a possible solution to get the update service feature working again?

• Hello Spotify Community, I am having trouble updating the app and it is locked to 1.0.55.487. I tried to uninstall and forced update it but to no avail. Is there a possible solution to get the upda...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Having trouble with stream

Hello,i´m using spotify free and thinking about an upgrade. BUT in the last time the music has an very poor quality. The stream is hitting and stumbling like an old record player when I´m using ist on desktop. On Android its no problem in some networ...

• Regular
  • Hello, i´m using spotify free and thinking about an upgrade. BUT in the last time the music has an very poor quality. The stream is hitting and stumbling like an old record player when I´m using ist...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

History is deleted every time I close desktop program

Why is my history deleted every time I close the desktop program? This is dumb. People restart their computer fairly regularly. Why eliminate the history when they do so? Instead, just have the default be keep history and add a "clear history" button...

• Regular
  • Why is my history deleted every time I close the desktop program? This is dumb. People restart their computer fairly regularly. Why eliminate the history when they do so? Instead, just have the defau...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost playlist (not deleted)

Recently had to reinstall spotify. Program would just not start up. Now when I log in most all of my playlists are gone. Tried the basic tips - log out then log in. Checked the "if you deleted a playlist by accident". To make matters worse when I hit...

• Regular
  • Recently had to reinstall spotify. Program would just not start up. Now when I log in most all of my playlists are gone. Tried the basic tips - log out then log in. Checked the "if you deleted a play...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Computer hangs when I start Spotify

Since the recent microsoft update, spotify started to crash and hang my computer when I start spotify. I thought this issue was resolved a few years ago. It's back. Help!

• Casual Listener
  • Since the recent microsoft update, spotify started to crash and hang my computer when I start spotify. I thought this issue was resolved a few years ago. It's back. Help!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Weird skipping

Hi, my Spotify on Windows started glitching. When I'm listening to a playlist with shuffle turned on and then I skip a song it works normally but when I want to skip again, the next song will be a song from the album of the skipped one not from the p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, my Spotify on Windows started glitching. When I'm listening to a playlist with shuffle turned on and then I skip a song it works normally but when I want to skip again, the next song will be a so...
  • Kymek77
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Hidden and empty albums

I've noticed that some albums exist that are not visible on the artist page, yet can be accessed by other means, for example there is a version of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon that I was only able to access via last.fm plugin's recommendations....

• Roadie
  • I've noticed that some albums exist that are not visible on the artist page, yet can be accessed by other means, for example there is a version of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon that I was only a...
  • pjgymnastics
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Help me?

I have problem launching spotify everytime I reboot my PC because no Shortcut on it and it is private when I go to "C:\Users\Me\Spotify" it has no files, and when I go to Spotify and to Preferences I change the Offline Songs Storage I go to "C:\Users...

fix.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I have problem launching spotify everytime I reboot my PC because no Shortcut on it and it is private when I go to "C:\Users\Me\Spotify" it has no files, and when I go to Spotify and to Preferences I...
  • Genrau
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Installer Issue

Hi there,I have encounter an issue with Spotify Installer today, at first the program wanted to do an "update" when I attempt to open the app on my desktop (Windows 7 pro) and the Spotify Installer was idling forever. So I forced "end task" on it and...

• Hi there, I have encounter an issue with Spotify Installer today, at first the program wanted to do an "update" when I attempt to open the app on my desktop (Windows 7 pro) and the Spotify Installer...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I have Spotyify only download songs on one device?

So I just got premium the other day and have been downloading songs, but they also seem to download on my PC as well as my phone. I don't want this since they take up space and I have most songs in itunes already, etc. so is there a way to delete the...

• Casual Listener
  • So I just got premium the other day and have been downloading songs, but they also seem to download on my PC as well as my phone.  I don't want this since they take up space and I have most song...
  • Sergio_Ribeiro
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

PAUSES ON CHROME

Hi All Anyone help me with this annoying pausing on webplayer through chrome i have read the community where someone says log out everywhere which i have done and made no diff?The only way to fix is close chrome and start again. I do not expect to do...

• Hi All   Anyone help me with this annoying pausing on webplayer through chrome   i have read the community where someone says log out everywhere which i have done and made no diff? The...
  • BoydCrowder
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Progress Bar not responding

On my free desktop spotify (fully updated), the progress bar keeps sync with the song but I can't use it to move anywhere in the song. I've tried like unenabling hardware acceleration and crossfade (as other topics suggested) and I've uninstalled it ...

• Regular
  • On my free desktop spotify (fully updated), the progress bar keeps sync with the song but I can't use it to move anywhere in the song. I've tried like unenabling hardware acceleration and crossfade (...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Artist "About" tab is suddenly missing.

I just noticed this morning that the "About" tab on artists is missing. Thought it might be that I was looking at a lesser known artist, but it's not showing for anybody, even the beloved Justin Bieber. Anybody else experiencing this? Is this another...

• Regular
  • I just noticed this morning that the "About" tab on artists is missing. Thought it might be that I was looking at a lesser known artist, but it's not showing for anybody, even the beloved Justin Bieb...
  • JordanOakley
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Please help me SPOTIFY deleted all my songs

All of a sudden all my songs are missing, they're not there anymore, the playlists are there but there is a " + " sign next to ALL of the songs, so I have to add them all over again, I only had one playlist with 130 songs which is the one I use for t...

• Casual Listener
  • All of a sudden all my songs are missing, they're not there anymore, the playlists are there but there is a " + " sign next to ALL of the songs, so I have to add them all over again, I only had one p...
  • Patrycja95
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes

Nenhum dos seus amigos está conectado ao spotify/Solução

Durante algum tempo gasto tentando achar como adicionar os meus amigos no spotify dando a mensagem que nenhum deles estava conectado, sendo que muitos deles possuem e utilizam o aplicativo eu achei uma solução. 1 - Se o aplicativo estiver aberto, faç...

• Durante algum tempo gasto tentando achar como adicionar os meus amigos no spotify dando a mensagem que nenhum deles estava conectado, sendo que muitos deles possuem e utilizam o aplicativo eu achei u...
  • Guilherme20
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Still not received an inbox playlist. have replied to this thread and contacted support over a week ago. Please could someone confirm I will be receiving one or if there is anything else I need to do to get it? Thanks

• Music Fan
  • Still not received an inbox playlist. have replied to this thread and contacted support over a week ago.    Please could someone confirm I will be receiving one or if there is anything el...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes