Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! Windows App - Volume is reduced when switching to another audio app

Steps to reproduce the issue: Windows 7 Pro, Spotify 0.9.10.14.g578d350b Have an app such as Skype installed along with Spotify. listen to Spotify. Pause Spotify. Make a Skype call. return to Spotify Expected result - Playback normal Actual result - ...

• Steps to reproduce the issue: Windows 7 Pro, Spotify 0.9.10.14.g578d350b     Have an app such as Skype installed along with Spotify. listen to Spotify. Pause Spotify. Make a Sky...
  • tomasmann
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Suddenly low volume after updatie

I've never had this problem before, until the last update. When I switch albums, the volume starts off WAY too LOW. To fix the issue I have to click - without sliding - the volume bar, and the volume returns to normal. Kinda annoying, but not as anno...

• Casual Listener
  • I've never had this problem before, until the last update. When I switch albums, the volume starts off WAY too LOW. To fix the issue I have to click - without sliding - the volume bar, and the volume...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play one particular album

I'm having a very odd problem. I am unable to play Dream Theater's 2013 album called Dream Theater on the desktop application. Everything else I've tried plays fine. I am also able to listen to that album on the web player and the iPhone app. Also, t...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having a very odd problem. I am unable to play Dream Theater's 2013 album called Dream Theater on the desktop application. Everything else I've tried plays fine. I am also able to listen to that ...
  • tohoq
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Import music

It's pretty simple. Nothing happens when I drag the m4a files, or whatever, over to spotify or when I specifcy the folder under preferences. I've tried reinstalling with no success. I'm using win 8.1 on a surface pro. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Casual Listener
  • It's pretty simple. Nothing happens when I drag the m4a files, or whatever, over to spotify or when I specifcy the folder under preferences. I've tried reinstalling with no success. I'm using win 8.1...
  • Crasmer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs restarting after first second of play.

After the latest Spotify update (09.10.14.g578d350b) songs sometimes play the first second of the song and then start over and play normally. I'm using Windows 8.1 (with all current updates).

• Casual Listener
  • After the latest Spotify update (09.10.14.g578d350b) songs sometimes play the first second of the song and then start over and play normally. I'm using Windows 8.1 (with all current updates).
  • kimmop
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Only one channel of audio is playing (desktop and iOS)

Don't know why, but just one audio channel is playing on both my desktop and iOS app. Any solutions?

• Don't know why, but just one audio channel is playing on both my desktop and iOS app. Any solutions?
  • drewhinkle
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Why!

Why was my music interrupted for an advert for heating controls. I don't pay for adverts.

• Why was my music interrupted for an advert for heating controls. I don't pay for adverts.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local tracks duplicates

hi everyone, hope you guys can help me.I have uploaded a couple of local tracks (mp3 I have on my laptop) on spotify. Each track is like 4min long but, when uploaded onto spotify, each single track becomes 30min long, since the song is repeated like ...

• Regular
  • hi everyone, hope you guys can help me. I have uploaded a couple of local tracks (mp3 I have on my laptop) on spotify. Each track is like 4min long but, when uploaded onto spotify, each single track...
  • crilla
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! playing spotify using airport express

Can I play spotify on my stereo using the airport express? I have a windows laptop...

• Can I play spotify on my stereo using the airport express?   I have a windows laptop...
  • morgan01988
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No freed space when I unsubscribed to playlist

Hi, I have some playlists that I made available offline, I need to free disk space, I don't know how to delete the musics that I've made available offlien so what I did is I unsubscribed to that playlist thinking that it will recover some free space ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have some playlists that I made available offline, I need to free disk space, I don't know how to delete the musics that I've made available offlien so what I did is I unsubscribed t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing albums to PC

Is it possible to sync albums I've saved into my music with my PC so I can play them when I'm not on-line? I can do it with playlists by toggling the 'available offline' options but can't see the button for albums. Than ks

• Regular
  • Is it possible to sync albums I've saved into my music with my PC so I can play them when I'm not on-line?  I can do it with playlists by toggling the 'available offline' options but can't see t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New update makes it difficult to list all the tracks for an artist. Update spoils Spotify.

Spotify has now updated on my computers, even though I did not request it. Spotify used to be brilliant. You used to be able to quickly list all the tracks by a particular artist or band and these would be presented to you in order of popularity. The...

• Spotify has now updated on my computers, even though I did not request it. Spotify used to be brilliant. You used to be able to quickly list all the tracks by a particular artist or band and the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP - Desktop playing christmas songs and wont stop!

Riggght - The desktop program on my laptop (Dell studio with Win 7 64bit) keeps playing christmas songs after each selected track. Spotfy dosent do this on mobile devises or the web player. It has also done this as both a standard, and now premium us...

• Casual Listener
  • Riggght - The desktop program on my laptop (Dell studio with Win 7 64bit) keeps playing christmas songs after each selected track. Spotfy dosent do this on mobile devises or the web player.  ...
  • ozon
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Version 0.9.10.12 "Edit Profile Picture" Not working

Hey people, Is this happening only to me? If I try to edit my profile picture it says "Upload complete" but doesn't change the picture.

1. Try to edit profile pic 2. Select Profile Picture 3. Says complete but doesn't change.
  • Roadie
  • Hey people,   Is this h appening only to me?   If I try to edit my profile picture it says "Upload complete" but doesn't change the picture.  
  • Titox
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Hide when Minimized on Taskbar (Windows 8)

Windows 8 - Is the option gone to hide Spotify on the taskbar when minimized?

• Casual Listener
  • Windows 8 - Is the option gone to hide Spotify on the taskbar when minimized? 
  • stefan0
  • Regular
  • 83 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 83 replies
  • 4 likes

Syncing Local FIles

spotify wont stop trying to sync local files I now have 22 files of the same songs in locall files Help please

• spotify wont stop trying to sync local files I now have 22 files of the same songs in locall files Help please   
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Page Layout breaks below a certain size

When you reduce the central area to below 610 pixels wide, the layout breaks for Recommended Stations and Your Stations. The boxes for each station become random sizes (might be related to the resolution of the album art). This is happening on v0.9.8...

badlayout.png
  • When you reduce the central area to below 610 pixels wide, the layout breaks for Recommended Stations and Your Stations. The boxes for each station become random sizes (might be related to the resolu...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Find unavailable tracks

Does anybody know of a way to search for all unavailable tracks. Last time I updated Spotify some of my previously available tracks has become unavailable. For example, the track "Keith Don't Go" by Nils Lofgren, on the album "Acoustic Live" has beco...

• Does anybody know of a way to search for all unavailable tracks. Last time I updated Spotify some of my previously available tracks has become unavailable. For example, the track "Keith Don't Go"...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

limited search results ?

4 Weeks ago i have 286 search results for "river song", now only 100 ... is the a new limit for the search results ? Also actually i am searching for "love" ... not more than 100 ... can you please change that !!!

• Gig Goer
  • 4 Weeks ago i have 286 search results for "river song", now only 100 ... is the a new limit for the search results ?   Also actually i am searching for "love" ... not more than 100 ... can y...
  • anghy
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My music is gone!?!?

a few days ago i added all of the songs i had saved on a couple of different playlists to the "your music/songs" feature. After making sure they all transferred i then deleted them from the original plalists. Now today i start up Spotify and only 39 ...

• Casual Listener
  • a few days ago i added all of the songs i had saved on a couple of different playlists to the "your music/songs" feature. After making sure they all transferred i then deleted them from the origina...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes