Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot add playlist to empty folder

Solved!

Cannot add playlist to empty folder

Hi community!

I have a problem when trying to add playlists to a new, empty playlist folder. I try to drag and drop the playlist onto the folder, with no success. Either nothing changes, or the playlist ends up below or above the folder in the list, not inside it. It doesn't matter if the folder is expanded or closed. You can see before and after in the attached image. 

However, I am able to add  playlists to pre-existing folders, if and only if I drop it above one of the playlists already inside the folder. When I do this, a green line shows up before I drop the folder, indicating where it will be placed. But I still can't add a playlist to the very end of an already existing folder, just like with the empty folders. I also cannot add playlists by dropping them on the title of pre-existing folders.

To me, the problem seems to be some kind of incompatiblity between how the list structure works and the drag and drop mechanism. The program doesn't seem to know that I want to add the playlist, unless there are already "neighbors" inside the folder telling it to put the playlist there. 

Also, the cursor when I try to add a playlist to a folder is the regular arrow with a grey rectangle and a plus symbol in a square. This doesn't show in the picture.  I use Windows 10 with the latest version of Spotify's desktop app. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! 

Joel

spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi sarmadical! I found a workaround which is actually quite simple, it occured to me a few hours after I made my post. Right click your empty folder, and click "Create playlist" and just name it anything. After that, you can add playlists above it, and then delete the "filler" playlist. I hope this issue can be fixed in the next update though.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I'm having the exact same problem. 

I'm trying organize my playlists into folders for the first time, and I cannot add any playlists to a new playlist folder.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Marked as solution

Hi sarmadical! I found a workaround which is actually quite simple, it occured to me a few hours after I made my post. Right click your empty folder, and click "Create playlist" and just name it anything. After that, you can add playlists above it, and then delete the "filler" playlist. I hope this issue can be fixed in the next update though.

Thanks! Genius workaround!

Suggested posts