Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot add song to playlist from Now Playing queue

Cannot add song to playlist from Now Playing queue

Sometimes I often queue a bunch of new songs from different playlists and listen to them. If I like the song I'm currently listening to, I want to add it to one of my own playlists. To do so, I try to drag the song from the "Now Playing" section in the Playlist queue page. But the song I'm dragging to my playlist cannot be added and the label besides the cursor says "0 objects".

The workaround I'm using now is to drag the song from the now playing section in the bottom left corner of the window, but that's not intuitive for me as I always try to use the method above.

I've had this issue across multiple computers and operating systems during the last year, as far as I can remember.

Operating System

Windows 7, Windows 10 and macOS Mojave

Spotify Version

1.0.91.183.g259b84fa (Windows 10)

Skärmavbild 2018-10-13 kl. 16.21.50.png

7 Replies

Hey @gustavh

I suggest trying a clean reinstall. 🙂

For non-Windows Store client do this:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

For Windows Store client I recommend resetting the app (Tenforums guide) and then reinstalling it following the steps in this article.

If the issue persists, please give a screenshot of what you're seeing (print screen key keeps the 0 items box). 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Sebasty, thanks for your answer.

A clean install doesn't do it. This has occurred to me across multiple computers, tried it on a freshly installed Windows 10 machine this week and the problem still occured. It also occurs on my Macbook with macOS 10.14.

Attached is a screenshot of the problem when trying to add "1999" to my own playlist. This one is from macOS, but it looks the same on Windows 7 and 10.Skärmavbild 2018-10-13 kl. 16.21.50.png

Hey everyone,

Thanks for raising this issue on the Community.

If you are experiencing this issue, please make sure to click the +VOTE button and leave a comment with the following details, if you haven't already:

• Device(s) and OS version
  • Spotify version

Thanks!

Thanks @Peter,

I've updated the original post with the Spotify version this problem currently appears on for me at my Windows 10 laptop.

Please note that this occurs across multiple computers, in different locations, connected to different networks.

I also asked a friend who could recreate the same problem on his computer.

Thanks!

Hey there @gustavh,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. We can see that there's a newer version than 1.0.91 available. Just to confirm, can you perform another clean reinstall to make sure to update to the latest version and see if that helps?

If you haven't already, we'd also recommend clicking the +VOTE button.

We'll be keeping an eye on your reply 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi @Katerina,

Thanks for the heads up. Just tried doing a clean reinstall on macOS 10.14 (including deleting the caches and other associated folders as per this support article).

Sadly, this still appears in version 1.0.92. Have you not been able to recreate this? What's the next step for you to fix this?

Thanks,

Gustav

(And yes, I wish that I could upvote my own bug report, but the button says I don't have any permissions to do so, even though my email is verified. Looks like another bug to report.)

Hey @gustavh.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We have moved your topic back to the Help boards, seeing that you were the only person reporting this.

Could you try to add a song which is in the Now Playing screen, by right clicking it and choosing Add to Playlist and then selecting the playlist you'd like to add the song to? That should work 🙂

Let us know if it doesn't or if there is anything else that we can do for you.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts