Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clicking album art doesn't highlight current song playing

Solved!

Clicking album art doesn't highlight current song playing

Currently on a Premium plan using Windows 10 and whenever I try to click the album art to go to the current playing song in a playlist, it will randomly highlight another song (always something that isn't currently playing). I've had this issue for a few months now, and I have yet to see a fix yet. If anyone could help, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just for those having this issue, I uninstalled the application and reinstalled it, and that seems to have fixed it. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi @bailey_dunne,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Spotify is currently aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the wrong song to be highlighted within a sorted playlist when clicking on the album art, using the desktop app. I recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue, even though its status is ”Not Right Now” and there isn’t an exact timeline for a fix.

I also recommend keeping your Spotify app updated to the latest version to ensure that you receive updates to the app.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

How is it possible that an issue that was reported more than a year ago is still not fixed?

Exactly, I've seen other people have posted regarding this, but there is still no fix, hence why I posted.

Marked as solution

Just for those having this issue, I uninstalled the application and reinstalled it, and that seems to have fixed it. 

still same problem. one of my main use cases in spotify not working at all. always have to find the song by reading all song titles

Hi @mikaslow,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

I recommend first trying a clean reinstall by following these steps; this is more thorough than a normal reinstall, and can be useful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Can you also send a short screen recording (if possible), so I can get a clearer understanding of what’s happening? You can include a link to the video, or attach it to your next reply by using the "Insert Video" option in the post editor.

Also, note that if the currently playing song is from an album (rather than from a playlist), it's an expected behavior that clicking on the album art will simply take you to the start of the album (as opposed to the currently playing song). However, there's currently a Closed Idea to change the way this works. While the status of the idea is currently “Closed - Not Enough Votes,” it can become an active idea again if it gains sufficient votes.

If it’s something you’re interested in, I recommend adding your +VOTE to the idea. The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here. You can also feel free to Subscribe to the idea by clicking the three dots next to its title; that way, you can be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know how this goes, as well as if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts