Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Solved!

[Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Since a few days i lost a few features which i would like to have back.

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Lenovo Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Desktop Version got updated all of a sudden and now i got a completely different look. I don't have the friend activity bar on the right side, i can't change my playlists covers or description. I can't even see my own profile like before on the top right. It is like the phone version because i honestly can't customize anything anymore.

Same on the Web player. I downloaded an older version already, which helps, but it updates itself automatically and gets back to the new(?) design. Is there anyone with the same issues or with a solution?

Thanks.

Spotify.PNG
344 Replies

Just got the auto update and guess what, local files are back (on Mac)! I'm guessing some stuff we were missing is returning!

I'm experiencing the same exact problem. Looks like an account bug where the desktop app UI gets replaced with the shitty web version. I created another account and the desktop app displayed just fine. (Edit playlist descriptions, change playlist cover). Please fix this ASAP it's an account bug that the regular user has no way to fix.

It's not an account bug, dude. Go back and read the thread.

App updated, friends are back but still no local files option. Not good.

Yeah, still web version where I can't even select multiple tracks. Disgusting

There are still a few minor issues in my app.

-) When i open Spotify, the window to log in appers for a few seconds and then goes away without doing anything. I never had this issue before.

-) My recently played list is not correct. It doesn't update properly.

Anyone else having these problems who got the old UI back?

Same.. My On Repeat Playlist also hasn't updated since they made me this new account 2 months ago. They transferred it over from my old account and it hasn't updated since. Still, I got back the sorting methods, queue, playlist editing and friends activity so I am not f*ed to try to do anything about it. Trying to get help from Spotify is like talking to a brick wall.

yea. i have to manually select each track one by one. thats gonna give me cancer

if my playlist has 200 songs, im gonna have to click each song by each song cause we cant select multiple songs at once now.

Thanks spotify for breaking the app.

I too am still stuck with this brain tumour of an update three weeks on. Hopefully they'll revert mine soon

I'm giving them one more week. Then I'll cancel my premium. My playlists are getting more and more disorganized because I can't sort them, I don't see which songs I've already played etc..

The fact that they keep ignoring the idea submission about this problem with more than 1000 votes says enough...

F U Spotify.

Hi, 

is there any ETA on when this experiment will be ended and UI return to the old one or when the most absurd issues with the new UI will be solved? It has been couple of weeks now on the not-quite-usable UI for me and despite restarting/reinstalling/log-in/out several times, I still can't select more than one song in playlist or delete it by hitting DELETE key.

Thank you.

hi,

some already got it back and some don't.

no idea what spotify is doing at this point regarding the undoing of this update and when everyone is gonna get it back.

COME ON SPOTIFY GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER....

WHY IS IT THAT YOU HAVE DONE THIS....

How many complaints do you need to do something..

Bring back the select multiple songs feature... its just stupid not to have this.... STUPID....

YOUR NOT STUPID ARE YOU?

I don't want to be part of this pathetic test, please switch me off the web layout. I want to be able to use the full features of the desktop software. Thanks.

Hello, I have the same problem, I can't listen local files. When it's going to be a solution?

Spotify, please switch this back to the player it was before, it's made the desktop app completely useable, it doesn't work. I was in the middle of organising playlists and I can't sort or bulk order

same problem here.

playlists are way too huge and i can't mark multiple songs anymore.

works with another account just fine. please for the love of god fix this.

if it stays like that im back to youtube for music

same problem here. created a new account and got this crappy UI. its abhorrent. just bumping to make sure it remains relevant. please, switch it off. i have no idea how you could possibly test something like this, it is beyond clear that the web UI is inferior, why the **bleep** would you put it in your desktop application? makes absolutely no sense

I've been waiting for a few weeks and still stick on this horrible layout. Please change it back, otherwise I think I may have to move over to one of the other streaming services. Has taken away a lot of usability and features.

Today I have made a new - free - account in order to try Spotify but I'm not interested in listening to random music and playlists created by other people who don't know what kind of music I like. But when creating a new playlist I can't add any songs!

I haven't paid anything (and haven't been able to use anything) but if I had I would expect some kind of refund if basic functionality as described above had been removed!

Suggested posts